Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ZOMFG! CLICK ME, PLEASE!!! (Ultima Shadow's SO3 challenge)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power
    You should've just hit it's weak point for massive damage.

And as always good luck with this ya crazy so and so!
    Oh, but that would have been TOO easy! xD

Anyways... here's the current update:

I went to the mines, managed to level up Nel just a little bit so that she could totally pwn that clay-golem-boss-thingy. That boss was also pretty much a pushover. Now, the normal encounters on the other hand are far from pushovers. Every singel encounter inside the mine and after the mine is tougher than that fat golem boss. All, except the bugs after the mine, that is. Those bugs are so slow that you can easily beat them without taking a singel hit.

Anyways... I then went trough all the cutscenes and stuff and now I'm on my way to the Black Brigade's training facility. BUT... I don't have all that many blueberries and blackberries left... and whenever I hit an enemy, there's like a 50% chanse that the attack will be completely blocked. So... I come up with this great idea: I sold every singel Ripe Berry and Perfect Berry I had, along with a few Jewels of Refuge etc and both my scroll that teaches Support Symbology and the one that teaches Attack Symbology. And then, I bought a "Holy Sword" for Fayt in Ariglyph for all that money. So now, Fayt already got a kick-ass sword to show off with. Oh my, I'm SOOO clever!

While this will make battles take less time for a while, I'm still so weak as far as HP and Defence goes that I'll die in a few hits. So even though I got this uber cool sword to chomp stuff with, I still need to be careful.

Yup, that's all for now.

Current levels: Fayt: 8, Nel: 6, Cliff: 2

Also, I'll be off for 7 days, so yeah... I won't update this for 7 whole days! ZOMFG!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shadow...you should've just sold all the Map Bunnies you get up to that point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    Shadow...you should've just sold all the Map Bunnies you get up to that point.
    Nah, those can actually be useful. Having as fast characters as possible will probably be important later on, so I won't waste any Map Bunnies.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well...you only need one Bunny. The factors don't stack up. I usually just sell them anyway, because it's only a 5% boost. And we all love getting Airyglyph equipment early.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    Well...you only need one Bunny. The factors don't stack up. I usually just sell them anyway, because it's only a 5% boost. And we all love getting Airyglyph equipment early.
    Oooooh... it doesn't stack? Are you SURE about that? I always thought it did.

Awww, crap! >_<

Well, then that only means I can get a kick-ass weapon for Nel as well.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's what many faqs, the official Brady guide, and many people at Gamefaqs say, and I've never actually noticed a difference myself. (Otherwise, everyone would act like they had Bunny Shoes, and Maria is still as fast as a dead yak.)

Still, I guess it works out anyway.

Blog Entries

When I think about it... I've never really noticed any big difference either. But it would have made more sense if it DID stack, though.

However... collecting bunnies is fun... and one day... one day, I'll be the greatest bunny collector there ever was! That's my dream! My reason! So I'm NOT going to sell my precious bunnies!

Blog Entries

Finally time for an update. I'm home again from my 7 days off, and now I finally got to play some more.

I beat Shellby thanks to my new, cool sword and double-Charge (cancel-bonus charge once with another charge). Two charges + 1 weak attack would kill a normal Black Brigade Guard. It took a while to get Shellby and his pals separated, but I managed to take the guards down one by one. Once Shellby was alone, he was pice of cake. just AAA every weak attack and dodge every strong attack and counter with a long-range strong etc. Shellby's just too predictable. Overall, he was one of the tougher fights so far, though. If you ever get attacked by even 2 guards at the same time, chanses are that you're screwed. The other guards will catch up, and then you'll get trapped in an almost unescapeable instant-death combo.

After that, I went back to Aquiros and bought some flashy daggers for Nel. Then, I went to Peterny. The monsters are pretty dangerous at this moment as far as stats goes, but most of them got a pretty predictable and easy fighting style, so it's not too bad... yet.

So... I went to save Ameena and... watch out for some of the creatures in the forest, man. the monster Tree's are the easiest you'll encounter since they die in about 3 good hits from "Blazing Sword'ed" attacks. Now, those little Gnoll-troops on the other hand, are better off avoided completely. I basically avoided every battle except trees and slimes. Also, I beat those silly thiefs who had Roger locked up. Super pushovers. The Mud Golem is slow, extremely predictable and overall easy. But on my first try, I went for a HP-kill. I soon regreted that, as Mud golem suddenly healed itself and recovered 7000+ HP... twice! >_< So, I restarted and went for an MP-kill with my precious Blazing Sword instead, which was much more effective.

Well, that's it for now. Right now, I'm back in Peterny, just about to leave for Aquaria!

Current Levels: Fayt: 12, Nel: 10, Cliff: 2.

Fav skill right now: Blazing Sword.

Blog Entries

Ok, I haven't done this challenge for a few days now... because Oblivion and heroes of Might and magic V are taking over my life. xD

But I'll continue on this challenge... tomorrow. Or maybe the day after tomorrow. But right now I'm going to join the Dark Brotherhood and pwn a horde of Titans with my unbeatable undead army etc.

Blog Entries

Ok, so I finally managed to stop playing Oblivion (most addicting game ever) like crazy and spent some more time on this challenge.

Also, I went to Portugal for a week, which is another reason this thread hasn't been updated for some time.

Anyways... I'm now about to get the copper ore in the mine. The Dragon Brigade Guards went down pretty fast thanks to Nel's Aerial, even though Nel's at such a low level. Nel leveled up, and I went back to revive Fayt and use him instead once inside the mines.

Here, I encountered a pretty annoying part. The random encounters are seriously getting pretty hard. And there's 4 unavoidable battles in a row at one point inside the mines. I had to restart 3 times during those battles. >_<

The boss right before getting the copper ore (that big bird thingy) was an uber pushover though. Possibly the easiest boss fight so far.

And... that's all for now.

Current Levels:

Fayt: 16, Nel: 12, Cliff: 2

Fav skill right now: Side Kick

Blog Entries

Gurads, clear. Dragon Brigade dudes, clear. Albel, clear.

School started 2 weeks ago so I've been pretty busy lately.

Anyways... Albel was suprisingly easy. And so was those dragon dudes. The 4 normal guards on the other han where really hard.

The Guards would gang up on me and trap me in a chain of attacks that would eventually kill me before I got a chanse to escape. And their attacks are actually pretty fast. Thanks to their low MP, I could MP-kill them pretty fast, though. Once I actually got a chance to attack, that is.

The Dragon Brigade dudes are slow, slow and slow. And yes, that means they where pushovers.

Albel wasn't too fast either. I could easily kill the guards one by one thanks to Aerial, and then I just had to AAA all of Albel's weak attacks and avoid his strong ones. I had my AAA set on "homing", by the way.

Yup, that's all for now. It seems like no one's reading this, but I'll still finish it... eventually.

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

I am not hardcore enough for this.
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I did an SO3 challenge, but it wasn't as masochistically challenging as this one...

Anyway Shadow, did you ever figure out what Freya's stats are in 4D with the Gutsy Bunny equipped were? I remember you saying that the stats are altered differently depending on the enemy, and not on a set rate.

Blog Entries

Well... I think they are, atleast. However... I now know that Freya's stats, atleast, are doubled. So... she'll have 120,000,000 HP and 9999 attack etc.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh my god. 0_o;