Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ZOMFG! CLICK ME, PLEASE!!! (Ultima Shadow's SO3 challenge)

You, my sexy little friend, are INSANE!

Seriously though, I'd never be able to do this, but it'd be an awesome thing to do. xD I'll make sure to be annoying and kick you until you finish this. =)
    Last edited by Raven Nox; 09-12-2006 at 03:36 AM.

Holy damn crap :O

The only challenge ive done is no item crweation till post game, and im stuck on Luther atm because of being underlevelled (No Rings of Erudition )

And this is just on Galaxy..

I cannot fathom your challenge

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I only did Universe/set party/no IC until post game/can't buy items from stores/must be at level 60 or below when you fight Lucifer, but this tops that.

And Reine, beating the game without IC is easy...if leveling is a problem, then use the wonderful Bonus Battle Guage...

Yeah, I know about all the levelling methods, but I can only possibly keep a bonus battle for around 2 battles late in the game..

As for why im sucking so hard, its either my party (Roger, Albel and Adray) or because im too used to having IC items that are overpowered at this point. Besides, im busy these days on my other SO3 file, which is just beating all the secret bosses etc, with Fayt, Nel and Maria

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If the current character you're controlling recieves a critical hit (I'm pretty sure, ciw), then the Bonus Battle Guage will shatter (even if you don't take damage from the attack). A good way to prevent this is to switch to a side-character (like your spellcasters/bomb users) when you finish a combo and the enemy can move again. That's what I do, at least.

No party is bad, per se, although Albel and Adlai are much better controlled manually to be put to good use then from crappy AI. Then again, I never bothered with overpowered IC, I find Galaxy mode too easy as it is. And good luck on your other file!

Eh...sorry to take your thread off-topic Shadow. xD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nox View Post
    You, my sexy little friend, are INSANE!
    Luckily, I'm sexier than I'm insane, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Eh...sorry to take your thread off-topic Shadow. xD
    Heh, that's okay. Atleast you post in it. I started to feel a bit lonely after the 4th quadruple post. xD

Defeated Vox. And dude... he was really easy but... it took at the very least half an hour to get all that freaking HP down. If the battles are going to be this long, Freya will take like... 10 hours!

I've finally got Maria, though. Maria, the ass-kicker, that is.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

2P Costume ftw!

Blog Entries

Ok, even normal encounters are pretty crazy now. The Shrine of Kaddan is even more troublesome than I had expected. I'll have to get trough this place, avoiding every singel avoidable battle. Crystal Cerberus is giving me some trouble right now. >_<

The first Crystal-Statue dude was pretty tough, but Ice Blade was really effective so... I managed to MP kill it in a couple of mins. A short battle compared to my last ones. Ice Blade's not as effective VS Crystal Cerberus, though. So that's a problem. I'll probably beat it soon, though. I just need to come up with an half-assed strategy.

Maria's awesome. I'll need to get a better weapon for her before she'll become more useful than Fayt, though.

Scatter Beam, Scatter Beam, Scatter Beam, Scatter Beam!

Current levels: Fayt: 21, Maria: 21, Nel: 14, Cliff: 2

Current fav skills: Ice Blade and Scatter Beam

Edit:

Ok, so the Crystal Cerberus wasn't so tough, once I ignored the fact that he got such a low MP, and went for a HP kill with homing AAA and Side Kicks. All I really had to do was AAA his normal weak attack + Tri Spike, and avoid his strong attacks. And it really wasn't hard to do that at all.

Now, those Vendini Soldiers on the other hand... DAMN! Those are INSANELY annoying, and hands down the hardest battle so far... by far. Since I don't have any anti-petrification amulets, I can get an instant-game over just by getting hit once. Ugh... >_<
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 09-10-2006 at 04:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks god for the awesomeness that is Ice Blade and AAA!

Ok, so at first those soldiers seemed almost impossible at my current level. No matter what I did, I would get killed in a matter of seconds. No really. A strong hit would do like 800-900 dammage, and a weak would do 300-400... not to mention that the weak ones hit 3 times! And there's 4 of those soldiers! And my HP with Fayt was like... 2600 maybe? On top of that, atleast 50% of all my attacks would be blocked completely because of their "agility" being higher than my "hit". Basically... any approach would only get me killed or petrified. If I got hit once, I'd get hit again by another soldier... and then again and again until I'd die.

But after a couple of patetic attempts, I decided that I'd have to change strategy. In most cases, atleast 1 soldier would do a strong attack if I tried to AAA. But after running to a corner and doing Ice Blade, I managed to AAA-stun all of them once. I ran away until I got "long-range" and did Fayt's long-range strong attack to send 3 of them into the air, followed by 2 more "anti-air strongs" and then a "anti-air weak". Out of all of those attacks, only the last weak one was blocked. So atleast 2 of them were already at about 200-300 MP left. After that, I managed to split them into 2 groups by just running around and evading. Then, I managed to AAA 2 weak attacks from one of the groups and then do another long-range strong combo with Ice Blade, killing one of them.
    The soldiers got into 1 group again, and I managed to AAA 2 weak attacks, but got hit by 1 strong. Since I hadn't stunned them all, and was hit in the process, I didn't bother trying to pull off a long-range strong, but just attacked the closest soldier with a close-range strong. And waalaa! The biggest and baddest out of the soldiers aka the one who can turn you into stone (I figured out there was only 1 who could do that) went down! Yay! Before recovering from the attack, I got hit by another strong from the un-stunned soldier. But luckily, I only got hit once. So I survived, ran away to another corner and healed myself. And when there was only 2 soldiers left, it became easy to AAA-stun and punish with a long-range strong combo.

Still... this really seemed like a hopeless battle at first. I hope there won't be too many more battles like this one for a while. I hate it when you have more than 1 or 2 opponents at the same time. >_<

Off to the Mossel Dunes... or whatever they were called!

Current Levels:

Fayt: 23, Maria: 21, Nel: 14, Cliff: 2

Current fav skill: Ice Blade

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only really irritating battle after this is the Security Service and Security Service/Azazel.

Of course, for the first Security Service, you can use Flying Guillotine or something to kill them (you may be forced to use the No Movement Glitch), and for Security Service/Azazel, you can hide behind the desk to avoid their shots.

Blog Entries

Ugh... isn't security service like... 6 guys or something like that? And at that point, I'll have the Gusty Bunny... >_<

Actually... it won't take too long until I get the Gusty Bunny. I've already got Albel and I've beaten the Zombie Dragon. The only boss battle that's left before I get the Gusty Bunny is Robin Wind. Crossel will be a pain because of his high HP. Even if he's easy, getting down all that HP, which is also increased along with his agility and defense thanks to the Gusty Bunny, will take a damn long time. >_<

Anyways... those Dragon Brigade dudes that you battle before you cross that bridge when you're on your way to that desert... well... those where ultimate super-pushovers. Any random encounter in the desert, spare those slow dragons who looks like the dragon-zombie, would be a whole lot tougher than those Dragon Brigade wimps.

Inside those ruins in the desert, I just avoided every singel random encounter.

Well... then I went back and got Albel, and then I went to those mountains and beat the Dragon-Zombie, who was even easier than those Dragon Brigade dudes (thanks to Maria, of course).

Current levels: Fayt: 25, Maria: 25, Albel: 24, Nel: 14, Cliff: 2

Current fav skill: Scatter Beam

Blog Entries

I NOW HAVE THE GUSTY BUNNY!!! ...god, have mercy.

Yeah... so after beating that push-over dragon, I went to kick some kid-ass (Robin Wind). Sadly, the kid kicked my ass a couple of times before I managed to kick his. Oh, well. Such is life.

First attempt: I tried to HP-kill him. Big misstake. Then I remembered that his MP is SOOOOO much lower, so I restarted.

Second attempt:
    Ice Blade! then, I'm hit by his retarded Thunder-Flare (he just keeps spamming it in the begining). I then wait for him to prepare a second Thunder-Flare, and right before he casts it I press O for a long-range strong. Thanks to this method, the Thunder-Flares will miss Fayt. So... I hit him with that long-ranged strong, and he blocks it completely. >_<

I run away a bit, he prepares a 3th Thunder-Flare, and... yeah... the process is repeated several times. About 50% of my attacks got blocked. After a while, he stops spamming Thunder-Flare and goes for his standard strong/weak attacks along with his precious Aerial-something-thingy-green-flashy-Whirl. Up to this point, I didn't know that Robin Wind hardly ever uses his green-flashy-aerial-thingy close enough to actually hit unless you move towards him. Anyways... I just avoided all his attacks except the weak ones, which I AAA'ed. And... after a while, he hit me with a Rising Stream, resulting in pretty much instant-death.

So... I had to start all over again. I got killed by that Rising Stream maybe... 4 or 5 times, I guess. >_<

Oh well... once I managed to predict when he was going to use his Rising Streams and AAA them, I beat that little annoying kid.

Now... I couldn't even touch those fire-creatures, except the Magma Golems, at all! No matter who I used, no matter which attack I tried... I always did 0 dammage. I mannaged to kill one of those really fast dudes who uses Star Fall, with AAA alone, though. So... homing AAA was the only was to dammage them.

I went to that little Bunny-guy and got the Gusty Bunny. Wheeeheee! I avoided every singel enemy on my way back to the save-point, saved, and then fought 2 of those same fast flame-dudes. And... I managed to kill them both with AAA only. While their HP and MP is much much, higher, so is their attack power. Which means the AAAed attack will do more dammage back at themselves as well. So... in a battle where you can only kill with AAA, the Gusty Bunny doesn't make such a big difference, actually. Well, except for tha fact that instead of being able to survive 4-5 attacks, you can barely survive one with the Gusty Bunny on (I got into another battle with lots of enemies and got hit by a strong attack which did around 6000 dammage... in other words, instant-kill).

From now on, even leveling will be a major pain in the ass.

Current Levels: Fayt: 26, Maria: 25, Albel: 24, Nel: 14, Cliff: 2

Current fav skill: Ice Blade

Edit: Crosell is... harder than I had expected. Even though he's big and his moveset pretty much sucks, he blocks about 70% of my attacks completely, has an absolutely insane amount of HP during his second stage, and can kill in a singel blow unless it's a standard weak. I can't take the risk of triggering his AAA either, as even that is almost instant-kill in most cases. >_<

Edit 2: Crosell is worse than those Vendini Soldiers. He's by far the toughest thing I've encountered so far. If he just stomps on me even once, it's over. And I need to hit him about 200 times. Right now, I don't even want to think about Freya. >_<
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 09-17-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Yaaaay!

I defeated Crosell... with Albel. I leveled him up to level 26 first, though, so that he would learn Palm of Destruction.

Short X: Palm of Destruction
    Short O: Palm of Destruction
    Long X: Air Slash
    Long O: Air Slash

I'm sure I could have done it with Fayt as well. Maybe it would even have been easier with fayt. However... Crosell got a huge amount of HP, and Palm of Destruction was the most dammaging skill I had... so in order to prevent the battle from being far too long, I used Albel and his PoD. Then again... maybe Fayt still would have been better. Oh well, whatever. The only thing that matters is the fact that I beat him.

Once I had figured out everything about the way Crosell's AI works along with all his moves, it really wasn't all that hard. So I'd probably still say those Vendini where a little harder... maybe. Crosell was a hell of a lot more time-consuming, though. Probably took me almost an hour. I would wait for a good opportunity to AAA one of his weak attacks, and this time I had "standard", rather than "homing" which I used in my first attempts. Once Crosell was stunned, I'd use Palm of Destruction twice (canceled). If he would get knocked down by them, I'd use another one and in some cases even a 4th. As soon as Crosell would stand up again, I'd just stand there waiting. If he would do another weak (he actually went for that Storm Raid-attack most of the time), I'd AAA it and do some more PoD's. If he'd go for his strong attack, I'd run... quickly. Albel's just a little faster than Crosell when Crosell's doing his strong attack. After escaping a strong attack, I'd do a Strong Air Slash if Crosell would stand still, and a weak one if he'd move. If Crosell would move towards me and I'd do a weak Air Slash, I'd get out of his attack range just before he'd reach me. Then, I'd try to make him go for another weak attack, stun and PoD etc.

In order to recover HP used for the battle skills, I'd run away to a corner and stand still for a while to fill up the HP a bit with Standby Healing. It become pretty time consuming after a while, though, when I ran low on HP. So I used 2 Blueberries in the battle, even though I hardly had any left.

Well, that's it for now.

Current Levels: Fayt: 26, Maria: 25, Albel: 30, Nel: 14, Cliff: 2

Current fav skill: Palm of Destruction!

Edit:

Crap! Sorry, Zeromus_X. I forgot that the Crosell battle was one of those you wanted me to video-tape! >_<

Oh well, I'll remember to video-tape the Security Service and the other ones, though.

...and once I get to Sphere 211 after the main-game, I can video-tape that Super-Crosell dude instead.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 09-18-2006 at 09:53 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's okay Shadow. Although, if you wouldn't mind...could you film some of these battles?

-Proclaimer
    -Azazel/Security Service ('Azazer')
    -Belial and Beelzebub ('Berial and Belzeber')
    -Executioner sequence
    -Battlecopter
    -Psuedo Blair
    -Three colored crystal boss monster sequences
    -Lucifer ('Luther', first form with Moody Goddess)
    -At least the ending part of Luther's second form with Highbrow.

Well, those are some of my favorite fights anyway. Good luck Shadow!

Edit: At least Standby Healing is going to level up alot from standing there and healing with it. xD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    That's okay Shadow. Although, if you wouldn't mind...could you film some of these battles?

-Proclaimer
    -Azazel/Security Service ('Azazer')
    -Belial and Beelzebub ('Berial and Belzeber')
    -Executioner sequence
    -Battlecopter
    -Psuedo Blair
    -Three colored crystal boss monster sequences
    -Lucifer ('Luther', first form with Moody Goddess)
    -At least the ending part of Luther's second form with Highbrow.

Well, those are some of my favorite fights anyway. Good luck Shadow!

Edit: At least Standby Healing is going to level up alot from standing there and healing with it. xD
    Yeah, I'll try to remember to video-tape them all.

I've been busy with school a bit, but I've just made it to Biwig. I've only made 2 attempts so far, but it's yet another one of those "get hit once and you're dead" kind of battles. The Vendini Soldiers got a pretty low MP, though so I can probably take those 2 down without too much trouble. And once Biwig is alone, it should be pice of cake.