Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ZOMFG! CLICK ME, PLEASE!!! (Ultima Shadow's SO3 challenge)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    Ugh... isn't security service like... 6 guys or something like that? And at that point, I'll have the Gusty Bunny... >_<
    I remember getting utterly pwnt by them once, because I had left the Gutsy Bunny equipped for bloody ages, Id even gotten through Styx and Moonbase with it equipped, but those dudes wasted me in no time, I only beat them like twice, and Azazer afterwards I JUST beat (and got a BT) but after resetting, I couldnt get past the Security dudes again...until I realised I had the Bunny equipped..

If I had that much trouble on Galaxy, I utterly cannot grasp your challenge, and how that fight wil be for you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reine View Post
    I remember getting utterly pwnt by them once, because I had left the Gutsy Bunny equipped for bloody ages, Id even gotten through Styx and Moonbase with it equipped, but those dudes wasted me in no time, I only beat them like twice, and Azazer afterwards I JUST beat (and got a BT) but after resetting, I couldnt get past the Security dudes again...until I realised I had the Bunny equipped..

If I had that much trouble on Galaxy, I utterly cannot grasp your challenge, and how that fight wil be for you
    .....ouch. It seems like I'll probably have even more trouble with those guys than I had expected. >_<

In any case, I just beat Biwig. He was just as tough as Crosell and those 4 vendini Soldiers in the Shrine of Kaddan, though.

I used Lightning Blade with Fayt, ran around for a bit until they would use weak attacks. AAA 2-way up their asses, and then Long-Strong combo them.

...Ok, it wasn't really that easy. Even though they shoot 3 times with their weak attacks, I barely ever managed to AAA them all and atleast one of them would usually go for a strong attack, breaking my sheild and possibly killing me while I AAA'ed the weak attacks from the other 2. After managing to get a full Long-Strong combo with the Lightning Blade on one of the vendini Soldiers, I didn't want to take any risks so I came up with a more safe method, which also took a whole lot more time. I'd make my fury go all the way up to 100%, and then I'd charge at them. Since my fury would be 99, they would all pretty much all the time go for a strong attack. But during the charge-time for their strong attacks, I could usually slap one of the Vendini Soldiers with a Short-Weak, and then just run around to avoid the Strong Attacks. Then I'd repeat the process until I had killed both the Vendini Soldiers. Something really annoying, though, was that like 80% of all the weak attacks would get blocked. With the Long-Strong ones, there was more than 50% chanse that I'd hit. Oh well... I managed to endure it.

When Biwig was alone, I made a scary discovery. He could sometimes block my attacks without even flinching... which basically means that if I manage to hit him with a Long-Strong, and he blocks it, there's a chanse that he'll be able to counter instantly. So I got hit by all the 3 hits of his weak attack. LUCKILY, I survived on fury. Then, I spent some serious time running to corners and letting Standby Healing do the job. After that, I decided that I wouldn't do anymore Long-Strong attacks for a while. So I charged at him with Long-Weak into Side kick instead. It happened twice that he would block all the hits from Side Kick, but I managed to avoid his attack both those times. After a while, he started using that "Enchant Rifle" thing, which made the battle a whole lot easier. Almost every time I'd get close to him, he'd just use "Enchant Rifle", and I could just keep spamming Long-Strong combos. Bye, bye Biwig!

Current Levels: Fayt: 30, Maria: 26, Cliff: 2

Current fav skill: Lightning Blade and Side Kick... and Standby Healing!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Side Kick = <3

Blog Entries

Ok, so... I went to the moon base and fought the Proclaimer, who really wasn't that hard at all. But don't worry, I've kept a separate save file right before the Proclaimer so that I can fight it again and video-tape it.

I don't have a video camera myself, though, so I'll have to borrow one of a friend whenever I'm going to video-tape a battle. I'll try to borrow one soon, though.

Anyways... I went up 2 levels with Fayt at the Moon Base, and found some nice armor. And since I'm allowed to buy weapons, I bought my little Fayt a nice flashy sword.

Fayt didn't keep his new cool stuff for long, though, as I got him a Laser Weapon and Aba-something Sheild once I arrived at Styx.

Yes, it was a bloody pain in the ass to beat those big metal-spider monsters, and restarting whenever I wouldn't get any Aba-something Sheilds or Laser Weapons. But Ice Blade and Side Kick made it possible. Ice Blade took care of those small little helpers that the metal-spiders sometimes had with them (helicopter-like robots with machine guns). Also, even though Ice Blade dissapears whenever you use Side Kick, I always had an Ice Blade ready before approaching, just in case I'd manage to AAA-stun the spiders, in which case I could Long-Strong combo them with Ice Blade for about 10,000 dammage. But man... I sure hate those metal-spider's homing missiles. So annoying. >_<

Oh well... Fayt is now level 34 and got a Laser Weapon and an Aba-something Sheild! But......... the Security Service can still shoot him dead in an instant. >_<

Really... those guys are just soooooooo annoying! >_<

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Do you have any Bombs or damage items?

It's Ablative, Shadow.

Did you get the stuff in Moonbase's storage with Peppita?

Blog Entries

Nope, actually not.

Aha! Okiedokie! Thanks. Ablative Sheild, then. xD

Nope, forgot about that. xD I've missed a few things (not anything really important, though) because I'm kinda rushing trough most parts. For example, I've only completed like... 2 maps. xD

What was it in the storage room? I've completely forgot.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just some free weapons and stuff. I guess it isn't too important, but it could help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    Oh yeah, that! Nah, don't worry. I won't be abusing it. And battles would be too boring if I kept doing that
    When I said that, I had no idea about how necessary it would be in certain situations.

It happens really often that it's inevitable... but against the Security Service I had no choise but to truely abuse it. And I'm seriously pretty sure it would be almost impossible otherwise. >_<

Well, in any case... I actually beat the Security Service. I won't bother explaining how, as there will be a video up on sunday that shows exactly how I did it (along with the battle VS the Proclaimer). The reason it has to wait for sunday is because my friend won't get home (so that he can transfere the files to his computer and send them to me) until sunday.

The Security Service was by far the worst battle so far... until I started to seriously abuse the glitch. However... it didn't really make the battle pie-easy, it's sometimes inevitable and... yeah, well... it would probably be seriously impossible to beat these guys in this challenge without abusing it.

Right after beating the Security Service, I just saved and quit. So right now, I've just entered the 4D world.

Levels: Fayt: 37, Maria: 30, Nel: 14, Cliff: 2, Sophia: 1

Fav Skill: Side Kick

Edit: What the f-

I put the wrong quote in the quote-tag. I meant to quote "Oh yeah, that! Nah, don't worry. I won't be abusing it. And battles would be too boring if I kept doing that", but accidently quoted "Not using Clone Generators". And I didn't see that misstake until now!? OMG! Dude, SERIOUSLY!

Clone Generators are absolutely not needed at all. The glitch, however, sometimes is. *sigh*
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 10-04-2006 at 11:23 AM.

Blog Entries

No in-game updates, sadly. I've been a bit busy.

However, here are the videos that I forgot to upload on sunday, as i promised:

The Proclaimer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3TjO8x73oM

I didn't really put my all into it, since I had already beat it once and knew it was a pretty easy battle. The fact that I got hit by the Dark Sphere and survived on fury in the very begining only makes it look cooler.

The Security Service:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aavr6mvaPuc

Right now, I regret using that blueberry. I've only got 4 left!

I could have beaten it without using that blueberry but since I had some trouble with this battle before I power-abused the freeze-glitch, but I didn't want to take any risks as this actually was the first time I beat the Security Service.

Oh and, before anyone asks, yes I do buy the item "Fresh Sage". I need those when I want to change the character to solo with.

Inside the storage area, well, the most useful item in there for you, I would say that it would be the Battle Armour, the most powerful armour until post game (I cant remember if IC can make better armour than Battle Armour, but I dont think so)

Blog Entries

Ok, so after not playing SO3 for about 3 weeks or something like that, I finally got back to it today. Yay! However... I didn't really progress at all, though. I only fought "the second security service" that you'll have to face right before Azazer about twice before I took the 3 weeks(or something like that) break... so I didn't realize how absolutely ridiculously insane it was until now.

Yeah, they are only 4 this time... but they got atleast 10 times as much HP as the last guys... which means the battle takes a whole lot more time. And they are just as dangerous as the last security service. Now, I actually managed to beat them twice... but when you finally manage to beat them, you'll have to fight Azazer right away... who MP-kills with a single attack! Ooooouch! And yeah, Azazer both moves and attacks pretty fast.

2 hours of failed attempts so far. I guess I'll have to level up just a little bit and boost my MP so that I can take atleast 1 hit from Azazer after finally managing to beat those super-annoying security guys. >_<

I guess it's safe to say that this is the BY FAR worst battle so far and one of the hardest and most annoying fights in ANY of my challenges so far. Ugh!

How much HP does Azazer have? Is it better to go for MP-kill?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Azazer has 99,000 HP and 9,000 MP, but that's without the Gutsy Bunny I believe, and I don't know if you're sticking to your word of keeping it equipped once you got it. In any case, he has about a 10th of his HP in MP in most cases.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default MP Kill is preferable, but...

Well, in 4D mode, Azazer would have 297,000 HP and 27,000 MP, and that's not counting whatever boost Gutsy Bunny gives.

I can only pray for you, Shadow. During my challenge, I used Nel's Whirlwind for supreme juggling pwnage (it also helps to get it up to level four or so, it's a relatively easy skill to level up because you can activate it anywhere in the battlefield). The other two characters were basically meat shields for her to cancel to 175% for Whirlwind and kill all the soldiers at once. Azazer took even longer to kill, but that was only on Universe mode without the Gutsy Bunny. I have no clue how long it'll take for this.

Blog Entries

Well, then I'd guess his HP would be around 450,000-500,000 total since I've got the Gusty Bunny. And I do about 3000 with a side-kick... around 1000 for each successful, un-blocked hit. That... just doesn't feel enough.

Since I'm not ambushed this time (by the security service), I guess I can actually try out another character this time. Nel might actually be a good idea, if I can level her up quite a bit first (right now her level is FAR too low). Relying on hitting a fast-attacking guy, who can 1-hit mp-kill you with just about any attack, like... 150+ times with Side Kick just doesn't seem like a good enough strategy. Especially considering, even though Azazer will only MP-kill me, my HP will run low countless of times because of Battle-Skill usage, not to mention that my healing items are running low and I'm sooooo tired of spending hours of just Standby Healing. >_<

So... if I can get Nel's Whirlwind to rack up some serious dammage, that would be awesome. I'll try it out.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Luckily you can easily level her Whirlwind up in the AAAAA team in the Ranking Battle Arena (it's a Nobleman who doesn't attack you), or any skills like that for that matter. The Battle Arena itself is a great way to level up, since you can't go back into the Eternal Sphere at that part of the story if I recall.