Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ZOMFG! CLICK ME, PLEASE!!! (Ultima Shadow's SO3 challenge)

Blog Entries

Wow, it's been a while. But I was busy with Xenosaga 3 (a great game that I'd recomend to any RPG-fan), so yeah.

I've finally got back to SO3 now, though... and hopefully I'll be able to atleast complete the main game in this challenge before anything else gets in between again.

Anyways... I'm currently leveling up Nel, which is extremely annoying since all I can do so far is fight the weakest enemies in team Battle with her, or else it will take ages for her to beat a singel enemy. She doesn't even have Whirlwind yet. >_<

Blog Entries

Ok, first of all... thanks a whole lot for the tips about using Whirlwind, Zeromus_X. It made both the security guys and Azazer a whole lot easier, even though Azazer still was a major pain in the ass. But I finally managed to beat them with a level 36 Nel + Level 6 Whirlwind. YAAAAAAY!!!

Now, when I finally managed to beat the thoughest guy up to this point, I'll suddenly have to beat 2 new dudes who are like... twice as tough. Yes, I'm talking about Berial and Beelzebub. They are... slowly but surely killing the little bit of sanity I had left. SO FRUSTRATING! xD

In the worst case, I'll have to go level up a bit more, I guess.

Really, I can't believe you've gotten this far....I really can't.....you deserve a metal for this.
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Phantom View Post
    Really, I can't believe you've gotten this far....I really can't.....you deserve a metal for this.
    Heh, thanks.

And holy unexpected muppet masters! I beat them! I honestly overrated them, and I actually think Azazer possibly was harder. Even though these guys took a little longer to beat. But when I finally got their patterns and movesets down (I never payed any real attention to that in my earlier playtroughs), they wheren't all THAT bad. Whirlwind was once again the way to go. And once Berial was out, Belbeburbwebbvfbzer (yeah, I don't remember his name xD) became really, really easy.

I've got a savefile right before the battle so that I can record it some other time.

Now, ONWARDS!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Excellent work, Shads! The Executioners should be pretty easy, with Whirlwind.

However, beware. Once you hit the final dungeon, Nel will probably be nerfed with all of her elemental skills.

Edit: What level is Nel at currently?

Blog Entries

Yeah, and I don't want to use Whirlwind more than I need to, actually. So I'll try to beat the Executioners with Fayt.

Nel is currently at level 41 and Whirlwind's at level 6.

Fayt's at level 38, Maria... don't remember. Same as before, I think. And the rest are the same levels as before.

Blog Entries

I beat the Proclaimer, Enforcer and Convictor. I tried it once with Nel, and defeated them all on my first try. Then I loaded and tried with Fayt instead. But even though it was a bit tougher with Fayt, I didn't have too much trouble using him either. The Enforcer took much longer to beat with fayt than with Nel, though. The Convictor was just pathetic. One of the easiest bosses I've fought so far, even though it took very long to beat.

Blog Entries

Ok, so I'm at the Shrine of Kaddan... for the second time... and it's a pain.

The Lesser Eye wasn't too bad, even though it got a whole lot of HP. Fayt and Side Kick got the job done. The Dark Armor dudes wasn't too bad either, although extremely time-consuming. I used Maria and her Aiming Device to MP-kill them from afar. I hardly ever used the strong one, though, and didn't Cancel-Bonus until there was only 1 of them left, because:
    1) It's too expensive MP-wise. Even though I have a few Blackberries left, I don't want to waste them unless I absolutely have to.
    2) It's quicker and safer to just shot once, then back off. When I Cancel, there's a chanse I'll get pwned by Hammer Quake... or whatever it's called.

Anyways... it wasn't too bad until I got to the Crystal Statue. That thing's seriously getting on my nerves. It kills me in 1-2 hits, it's extremely fast, it almost never gets stunned by attacks and it got a whole lot of HP... and it's immune to all elemental attacks so Whirlwind is out of the question. Whenever I hit it in close combat it almost always, instead of getting stunned by the attack, counters directly and 1-hit kills me unless I survive on fury.

If I had any Idea how this game worked I might be able to help. Good luck Shads, you chalange Crazy man.

Blog Entries

YAAAAAAAY! I finally defeated that stupid statue!

I actually used Maria with Aiming Device against this thing as well. But this time I did Cancel-Bonus pretty often, so I had to waste some blackberries.

Ummm... no comments about my skills with paint, ok? xD

I had Maria stand in one of those positions with maxed fury, until the statue got close. It would usually go for a Strong Attack, in which case I'd run behind it and do 1 weak Aiming Device (it usually got blocked, though), and then reposition myself at the other "wait position". Since my fury would be lower because of the aiming device, the statue would now usually go for a weak attack instead. But by the time the statue would launch the weak attack, my fury would be maxed, so the statue would get stunned. Now, I'd quickly run to one of the position with red arrows coming out of them. xD

From there, I'd start off by doing a weak Aiming Device. Since the statue was stunned, it couldn't block. So the first Aiming Device would always do some dammage. If the Statue would be sent into the air by the attack, I'd start Cancel-Bonus like crazy. By doing this, I could sometimes do a total amount of over 2000 MP-dammage. If it didn't get sent into the air, I'd just run away and repeat.

It took a lots of time, but once the statue started using that triple-beam thingy, everything got a lot easier since it's a slow-charging weak attack, which means it's easy to block= stun.

I'd still have to say that this probably was the second worst battle so far though, next only to Azazer.

Blog Entries

Ok, so I defeated the Dark Eye too. It's just a stronger version of the Lesser Eye, but the battlefield made it a little more difficult. I managed to beat it on my 3th or 4th try, though. So it was absolutely nothing compared to the Crystal Statue.

However... then I encountered the insanely annoying "so-called mini-boss", the Chimera... which is absolutely ridicolously difficult.

Whirlwind could have absolutely pwned this boss, if it wasn't because of that burning tail, which does almost 2000 dammage each time I even touch it. And the Chimera's standard strong attack= around 20,000 dammage= instant-kill. And you can't heal with magic, because the Chimera's too fast. And I have almost no healing items left at all. And Standby Healing takes absolutely too much time since, again, the Chimera is fast and you can only stand still for like 1-2 second(s) before you'll have to move out of the way in order to avoid a standard strong. >_<

I'll come up with something, though.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In my challenge, it took several tries with long range X-> O Whirlwind cancel chains to beat him. I can only imagine how tough it'll be on 4D (with Gutsy Bunny) though...however, you do at least have the NMG to work with before he dashes across the field. I'm sorry I can't give you any more advice though.

not that drug dealer CelestialStarDust's Avatar

i dont think i ever fought that crystal statue....i think i just ran around him or something :P but fayt is SOOOO useful later on with his dimention door attack i use it all the time.though it is kinda annoying how many times he says DIMENTION....DOOR!
    NOW YA SEE ME....NOW YA DONT!!

Catapultam habeo.Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    In my challenge, it took several tries with long range X-> O Whirlwind cancel chains to beat him. I can only imagine how tough it'll be on 4D (with Gutsy Bunny) though...however, you do at least have the NMG to work with before he dashes across the field. I'm sorry I can't give you any more advice though.
    Well, I've pretty much given up on whirlwind as that tail can mess things up pretty badly. And sometimes the Chimera doesn't even get juggled at all, which means it can counter instantly whenever I'm in front of it (which I'll usually have to be in order to avoid the tail).

I've found Fayt with X-Side Kick -> O-Air Raid to be the most effective moveset so far. I wait for the Chimera to execute a standard strong, move out of the way and then quickly triggers a Side-Kick which I cancel into Air Raid. It's the quickest dammage-dealing method I've come up with, and it almost always knocks down the Chimera. The only problem is the very few cases where the Chimera doesn't get knocked down, though. In those cases I can just pray that I'll survive on fury. And sometimes I even get hit by the tail during Air Raid as well, while the Chimera's getting knocked down. Luckily, I can easily survive a few hits from the tail. But it still causes some dammage, and interrupts my move.

And as mentioned before, even healing is a problem. And the fact that I'd run out of HP because of battle skill usage alone before I'd even get close to kill the Chimera doesn't make things better (and I have a Life Saver as 2nd equipment). Well, atleast I still got those 7 Magical Berries left. Oh well. xD

It's time's like this I wish I had an Idea of what your talking about.