Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ZOMFG! CLICK ME, PLEASE!!! (Ultima Shadow's SO3 challenge)

Blog Entries

Default ZOMFG! CLICK ME, PLEASE!!! (Ultima Shadow's SO3 challenge)

Ok, so it's finally time for a new challenge... and this time, it's a Star Ocean 3 challenge! And this time... there's a 96% probability that it will be BLOODY HOLY SMOKING MUSHROOM-SPANKING hard. Yes, THAT hard!

In other words, there's a 96% chanse that this will, in fact, be my hardest challenge so far (atleast if you include MoT and Sphere 211).

Here's the rules:

1) 4D mode
    2) Solo Character
    3) No IC (item creation) until after the main game (Maze of Tribulation and Sphere 211)
    4) No power-leveling. Must be under level 100 when facing Luther. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it at level 70-80.
    5) Gusty Bunny must ALWAYS be equiped after getting it. In every singel battle.
    6) No Clone Generators.
    7) May only buy weapons, no other kinds of equipments or items until after the main game (Maze of Tribulation and Sphere 211)

Oh yeah, and... if there's any specefic boss fights that people really want me to video-tape, I'll try to borrow a video camera and do so.

And one last thing, don't expect a daily update. There's a lots of other things going on this summer, so there may be a few breaks in this challenge.

Well, that's all! If anyone else wants to attempt this, please post in this thread and keep us updated on your own progress.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 07-12-2006 at 11:35 PM.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

What happened to SMRPG? (SPOILER)I gave up at smithy also
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I found FFIV and wanted to write a walkthrough for it. And I couldn't kill those god-damn Aqua Wisps on my Universe challenge. So meh. Maybe someday, now that I know I can recruit NPC inventors, I'll just create a bunch of healing items, but I'm not playing SO3 for awhile.

At any rate, good luck! You've been talking about this for the longest time, I hope you do good! (But don't abuse the NMG, if possible. Although I can't really blame you.)

If you could, I'd like you to record the battles against Crossell, the Security Service (which I hate!!!), Azazer, Berial and Beelzebub, the Executioner Sequence, ....

Well, all the bosses after that. xD I don't expect you to, but it'd be funny.

Well anyway, good luck. Fights are going to take a million years, especially if you do the optional bosses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nosebleed
    What happened to SMRPG? (SPOILER)I gave up at smithy also
    Beat it long ago: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthrea...t=81432&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    (But don't abuse the NMG, if possible. Although I can't really blame you.)
    *can't remember what NMG stands for* xD

Anyways... I've just played for about an hour and I just beat Northon. So far, I haven't had any trouble. Northon was even easier than the guys outside Northon's hideout.

Fayt's current level: 3

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Wow. Your oficially kick-ass.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Anybody with Kossy in their sig is already kick-ass.

Good luck with this! I couldn't even beat it on easy because I was underleveled and unmotivated...So if you do this I'll give you a present. The present is a pickle, just to ruin it ickle:

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When playing solo, if the character you're controlling moves, the AI gets confused and just stands there, staring into space. It happens sometimes on Galaxy, and more frequently on Universe and Fourth Dimension. It's called the 'No-Movement-Glitch" or NMG for short.

It's how I beat Shelby. And it also takes a very long time to *run* *smack* *run* because you aren't healing, and if your teammates die, they're gone. You're alone. At least in my challenge anyway, because I couldn't have healing items in large amounts until after I actually beat the game...

But yeah, with Nel, *Nel runs into a corner and waits* *Shelby: Take This! I'll make mincemeant out of you!* *Nel runs to the other corner of the arena while the enemy team stands in the other corner* *Nel casts Healing* *Nel runs to other corner as they come over to her.

For such a fat guy, he runs rather fast... It's even funnier when you run into a corner and they're on the other side of the field, and then they trigger their attack and you're on the other side of the battlefield. xD

Anyway, it's pretty useful, even though some people don't like using it, even though it's inevitable sometimes.

Blog Entries

When playing solo, if the character you're controlling moves, the AI gets confused and just stands there, staring into space. It happens sometimes on Galaxy, and more frequently on Universe and Fourth Dimension. It's called the 'No-Movement-Glitch" or NMG for short.
    Oh yeah, that! Nah, don't worry. I won't be abusing it. And battles would be too boring if I kept doing that.

Also, I forgot to mention that I won't be using any Clone Generators.

Right now, I'm in Ariglypth right after the battle VS that gigantic crab. So far, the hardest battle by far was the battle VS the inquisitor + 2 guards. I leveled Fayt up once so that he learned "Aerial" which does a little bit of MP dammage, which I could kill the guards in 2-3 hits with. Since I couldn't have Nel dead at the begining of the battle, I simply put her tactic on "Do Nothing" and let her die in the begining of the battle. I had to spread out the guards and the inquisitor a bit so that they couldn't attack all at once, because that basically means instant-death. First, I took out the guards one by one with aerial and then went for the inquisitor.

The gigantic crab went down on my first try, and I didn't even use Blazing Sword. I just had to AAA all the non-strong attacks and then counter with an Aerial, or just run behind it whenever it would do a strong attack, and counter with aerial. Whenever the crab didn't get "stunned" by the hit, it countered with a normal weak attack but then I could just run away and use a blueberry... and it got stunned most of the time.

That's all so far.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Who are you best at using?

I loved Nel's Aerial, since it was great at destroying the Giant Crab/Earth Monster/basically those first two 'giant' enemies as it can hit up to five times for alot of damage. I thought it was cool, at least.

Who do you plan on using later? (When you have all the playable characters), and what optionals are you getting?

Edit: Oh, you can buy things. Okay. Lucky bastard.
    Last edited by Zeromus_X; 07-12-2006 at 11:28 PM.

Blog Entries

So far, I've only been using Fayt. That may change soon, though.

Sounds cool.

Not sure who I'll be using the most later on... but I'm pretty sure that I'll get Albel and Nel just because they are awesome characters. Hey, I know it's a challenge, but you still gotta stick with your favs, you know!

Edit: Oh, you can buy things. Okay. Lucky bastard.
    Hmmm... now that you mention it, since I haven't had any real trouble so far I'll add that to the challenge as well. I'll ONLY be able to buy weapons (just so that the battles won't take longer than necessary) but no other kinds of equipments or items. This rule will apply until MoT.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can make it even harder by never buying anything in stores and fighting Luther before level 60. xD

I didn't read the part on the top about solo, heh. That should make things interesting. Were you inspired by that guy's videos on YouTube? (Marty81.)

Blog Entries

You can make it even harder by never buying anything in stores and fighting Luther before level 60. xD

I didn't read the part on the top about solo, heh. That should make things interesting. Were you inspired by that guy's videos on YouTube? (Marty81.)
    Well, like I said... I'll try to keep my level as low as possible. The Gusty Bunny will add some extra EXP for every battle, though. And I won't buy anything but weapons. But weapons is a must or else the CRAZY long battles will drive me insane.

And yeah, I was. xD When I saw that, I just thought I had to do something even worse. It won't get worse than that until I get the Gusty Bunny, though. But once that happens, Oh My...

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are you allowed to fight normal encounters?

Blog Entries

Are you allowed to fight normal encounters?
    Yes, because it's so boring to avoid every singel normal encounter. But like I mentioned, NO power-leveling... and I'll try to keep my levels as low as possible. Also, if I use different characters at times, the EXP will be spread among the characters which means it will be easier to keep the even the most leveled character's level pretty low.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow

The gigantic crab went down on my first try, and I didn't even use Blazing Sword.
    You should've just hit it's weak point for massive damage.

And as always good luck with this ya crazy so and so!
    There is no signature here. Move along.