Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Materia: The Sacred Materia

Flower Maiden Pure Aerisbeauty7's Avatar

Default Holy Materia: The Sacred Materia

Do you think that the Holy Materia had a purpose in FF7? I felt that it could have it could have stopped Meteor earlier if Aeris were still alive.
    Last edited by Pure Aerisbeauty7; 07-11-2006 at 10:36 PM.

Thank You Polaris for this neat sig!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, I always thought that Aerith died so that she could save the world, and that it wouldn't work otherwise. (Because she gained control of the lifestream, yaddayadda.)

But yeah, the Holy Materia summons Holy, I suppose. Sephiroth was just being an ass and keeping it from doing anything.

Flower Maiden Pure Aerisbeauty7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    Well, I always thought that Aerith died so that she could save the world, and that it wouldn't work otherwise. (Because she gained control of the lifestream, yaddayadda.)

But yeah, the Holy Materia summons Holy, I suppose. Sephiroth was just being an ass and keeping it from doing anything.
    Good point.

Thank You Polaris for this neat sig!

Gee, Josephine you're really getting obsessed with Holy Materia. I think they should have sent a rocket toward the meteor and that would have probably blown it up.

Holy was what saved the Planet from Meteor. That is what stopped Meteor, if Aeris didn't summon Holy the Planet would have been severely wounded. Perhaps even to the point of destruction.

Aeris's death was not necessary in order to trigger Holy. She did not know that she was going to be killed when she went to the Forgotten City. Although if she hadn't died, she would not have been able to use the Lifestream to push back Meteor. Her death was actually a blessing in disguise.

Kupo Man, they did send a rocket toward Meteor. Shinra sent Cid and company up there with the Huge Materia to destroy it. They failed though.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

im quite sure what kupo man said was a joke. aeris died but she didnt know she would and she didnt intend to die. i believe the meteor is more powerful than holy. if they did nothing and didnt do anything to stop the meteor it would have destroyed the planet. the blow from the meteor wouldnt have killed everything but it would probably unbalance the gravity and send the planet into the sun. if the meteor was only fought back by holy it would have hit the planet but not as severly i think and with the lifestream and holy they can fight the meteor back. so aerises death was neccasary to stop the meteor completely. im not too sure how sephiroth/ jenovas plan works with all the absorb the planets energy stuff but i think if the meteor was slowed down by holy and didnt do full damage to the planet sehpys plan might still work so i think all in all aeris needed to die to save the planet. this should clear up a few people who say they shouldnt have killed aeris.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Aeris tried to use the WHITE materia to summon Holy to stop Meteor.

Sephiroth STABBED HER TO DEATH and delayed Holy until Cloud defeat him.

The white light that bursted out of the crater during the ending is Holy.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I believe Holy would have activated much earlier if Aeris hadn't died. If Aeris had lived, holy would have been able to nullify Meteor in time, but it seemed as if Meteor had reached the "point of no return" (if you want to put it that way) by the time it activated, that's why the lifestream had to help it.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    I believe Holy would have activated much earlier if Aeris hadn't died. If Aeris had lived, holy would have been able to nullify Meteor in time, but it seemed as if Meteor had reached the "point of no return" (if you want to put it that way) by the time it activated, that's why the lifestream had to help it.
    I think the only reason why Holy activated so late was that Sephiroth was blocking it. Here's some dialogue from the game.

(In the Forgotten Capital, Cloud, Bugenhagen and others are watching a projection of the scene when Aeris died.)

CLOUD: "... It's glowing."
    BUGENHAGEN: "Ho Ho Hooo!! It's pale green!!"
    CLOUD: "... Aeris. Aeris has already prayed for Holy... After I gave the Black Materia to Sephiroth... Aeris's words came into my dreams... She said, she was the only one who could stop Sephiroth... And to do that, there was a secret here... That was Holy... That's why, she had the White Materia. Aeris knew about here... and what she had to do. Aeris has left us great hope. But, it cost her her life... her future... I'm sorry... Aeris. I should have figured this out sooner... You left us without saying a word... It was all so sudden, so I couldn't think... That's why it took so long for me to find out... But, Aeris... I understand now. Aeris... I'll do the rest."

CLOUD: "Thank you... Aeris. Aeris's voice has already reached the Planet. Just look at the glow of the White Materia. But... how about Holy? How come Holy isn't moving? Why?"
    BUGENHAGEN: "Something's getting in its way."
    CLOUD: "... Him... He's the only one that could do it... Sephiroth. Where are you?"
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts
    Kupo Man, they did send a rocket toward Meteor. Shinra sent Cid and company up there with the Huge Materia to destroy it. They failed though.
    oh yeah... forgot.

Holy was what saved the Planet from Meteor. That is what stopped Meteor, if Aeris didn't summon Holy the Planet would have been severely wounded. Perhaps even to the point of destruction.

Aeris's death was not necessary in order to trigger Holy. She did not know that she was going to be killed when she went to the Forgotten City. Although if she hadn't died, she would not have been able to use the Lifestream to push back Meteor. Her death was actually a blessing in disguise.

I agree wholeheartedly.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Well, I think it would have been harder for him to block it if Aeris had still been alive.

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    im quite sure what kupo man said was a joke. aeris died but she didnt know she would and she didnt intend to die. i believe the meteor is more powerful than holy. if they did nothing and didnt do anything to stop the meteor it would have destroyed the planet. the blow from the meteor wouldnt have killed everything but it would probably unbalance the gravity and send the planet into the sun. if the meteor was only fought back by holy it would have hit the planet but not as severly i think and with the lifestream and holy they can fight the meteor back. so aerises death was neccasary to stop the meteor completely. im not too sure how sephiroth/ jenovas plan works with all the absorb the planets energy stuff but i think if the meteor was slowed down by holy and didnt do full damage to the planet sehpys plan might still work so i think all in all aeris needed to die to save the planet. this should clear up a few people who say they shouldnt have killed aeris.
    No.

Holy is more powerful than Meteor. It destroyed Meteor, didn't it? So it's obviously stronger.

The sun's gravitational pull is what keeps the planets in orbit around it. There is nothing we can do right now with current technology that will distrupt the orbit with the sun, and we probably will never be able to. Not even if a huge meteor crashes into the planet will it break the orbit, it will probably change it, but it won't send the Earth flying right towards the sun. That is crazy talk.

Aeris did not have to die in order to save the Planet. If Sephiroth hadn't have been blocking Holy, it would've easily destroyed Meteor. But it was because Sephiroth had delayed its summoning for so long that it couldn't destroy Meteor. Aeris had to use the Lifestream to push Meteor back before it could, but Holy still destroyed Meteor in the end.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    No.

Holy is more powerful than Meteor. It destroyed Meteor, didn't it? So it's obviously stronger.
    I don't agree with that. If one is stronger, the stronger wouldn't be gone or used up after the weaker was destroyed. If they are equally strong, they would both be nullified.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas
    Aeris tried to use the WHITE materia to summon Holy to stop Meteor.

Sephiroth STABBED HER TO DEATH and delayed Holy until Cloud defeat him.

The white light that bursted out of the crater during the ending is Holy.
    How come everybody ignored Christmas? Thats exactly what happned. You are all looking to deep into this. Im almost annoyed that his comment went unnoticed since its right on the money. He said it in three sentences and everybody else is trying to explain it, with no success, in four damn paragrpahs........ calm down.