Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with adobe rendering.

Default Help with adobe rendering.

Many times when i am doing sigs or desktops and they give me a pic to use it still has a background and i can't make a very effective render...what is the cleanest way to make renders out of full normal pics?

magic wand tool

or paths

or if you can afford it, Vertus Fluid Mask

ok look,magic wand does one of two things wrong:it selects things outside the image...any way i can "invert it and make it select the imge i need a render of and leave out teh background?

or itll clip parts of the picture too because of color similarities.

also,i have no idea how to use the other two.....could you explain this
    please?

thank you,
    cloud.

paths: you use it to outline the image you want to cut out (takes long time but accurate) then you change the path into a selection. Invert so the thing you want cut out is left alone and the background is selected and then delete

fluid mask is a new filter that is very advanced and very useful for cutting images out. It costs a lot

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just erase everything by hand. It's not too hard and if you get into the right mindset, it can either be fun or at least mindless enough to not be drudgery.

I personally use magic eraser, it deletes everything of the same colour so it is hard to use sometimes, so I use the normal eraser and delete the patrs around the render, it needs you to be careful.
    but all the time I bring renders to use in my sigs, they are cut and ready to use. ^_~
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

you are welcome, and I was kinda wondering, aren't you going to make more sigs, I am looking forward to see how much you improved.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

yeah someone just asked me to make a desktop an they gave me pics but they are attached to complex backgrounds,and its hard to get a good render.

paths create cleaner edges though. The magic wand can be really tricky at times.... it's annoying. So if you want to make it really good and neat looking, then try paths.. or the fluid mask thing... check out their site.. it's really cool.

how do i use paths?and itd select what i outlined(the render)not what i need to delete,so how do i "invert" the selection?

the top menu: Select -> Inverse

you no u could also try using the magnetic lasso around the render and then copy and paste it to a new page.

thank you atlant,and clone sometimes it isnt accurate.

I'm part of another forum called GameRenders which I've been a part of for over two years. Basically it's just a bunch of people posting their renders. I've been rendering for over two years now and the best way, to do it is using the pen tool, in other words paths. This method is time-consuming but produces the best quality render. If you want more details PM me, and I can tell you where to find help, or I can always help you. =)