its true,theres a rap song with the ff7 battle theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvbH-gZefL0

Hate.
    Silly jilly ultra nuggets.
    My sig was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by vampirepiggyhunter7
    Hate.
    Sounds like Christmas doesn't he? lol

i thought it was okay... someone help me!!

lets all keep an eye on my 2 eggs ok everyone! pm me if u live in oregon(PDX 503!)

He said nigga......at lewast twice......O.O

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

Dancing Chocobo

That was cool.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'm the worst rapper in the world.

It doesn't sound like it he's actually rapping about final fantasy. I had a bit of trouble making it out but it sounded like he was dealing firearms in New York. Just your average rap done to a Final Fantasy tune. Nothing special.

Forgive if I'm wrong, though.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Sorry, but I wasn't really impressed. The rap didn't just work too well with the song, IMHO, the lyrics seemed off the song's rhythm at times, the battle melody looping the same part for a long time sounded annoying, especially with the extra rap effects in the background, and the lyrics didn't seem to have much to do with FFVII, AC or the music video in the background. I'm not really sure of the background video's purpose, and I didn't like how some scenes were used over and over again in the video.

If I had to say something good about the video, I guess the beginning wasn't that bad until the song got repetitive. Oh yeah, and when does the footage shown in about 52-55 seconds play in the movie? It looks like Yuffie and some other characters in space or something. That part looked pretty nice.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD
    Sorry, but I wasn't really impressed. The rap didn't just work too well with the song, IMHO, the lyrics seemed off the song's rhythm at times, the battle melody looping the same part for a long time sounded annoying, especially with the extra rap effects in the background, and the lyrics didn't seem to have much to do with FFVII, AC or the music video in the background. I'm not really sure of the background video's purpose, and I didn't like how some scenes were used over and over again in the video.

If I had to say something good about the video, I guess the beginning wasn't that bad until the song got repetitive. Oh yeah, and when does the footage shown in about 52-55 seconds play in the movie? It looks like Yuffie and some other characters in space or something. That part looked pretty nice.

I was confused at that part also... I think that im gonna go crazy if i dont find out... at least more so than i am now...

lets all keep an eye on my 2 eggs ok everyone! pm me if u live in oregon(PDX 503!)

The song is from DJ Green Lantern's 2006 release "Alive on Arrival."

It is a remix of "We G's" by Kool G. Rap and Prinz produced by Green Lantern. On the album, it is track 29. DJ Green Lantern loves videogames, he is known for creating and remixing many songs using sound bytes from video games. One of his songs is nothing but a compilation of sounds and music from Soul Calibur 2.

It's a great song, I have had the album for months. I was blown away when I heard it.

I didn't care for the song itself, but at first I thought the FFVII music was amusing, but then the song got repititive and it ceased to be amusing.

i was just amazed because of the battle theme in the background,thats all

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

They took a nice battle theme (which got repetitive itself with all the random battles actually) and butchered it.
    It was like, Vanilla Ice with his heavy metal album.

Lyrics off time, nothing to do with VII or AC, Annoying loops... Just like most rap songs, with a capital c.
    As far as rapping goes, it wasn't terrible, but it was annoying and ruined the song.

Can sins ever be forgiven?

i have to agree the amv wasn't good and the main reason on why i don't like cause i think rap is gay(its my opinion so don't get mad if you like rap)
    Last edited by ffxfreak93; 07-14-2006 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ffxfreak93
    i have to agree the amv wasn't good and the main reason on why i don't like cause i think rap is gay(its my opinion so don't get mad if you like rap)

i agree entirely, i cant stand rap, however, icp is good, and thats about it