Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter

Street Fighter

NEEDS to make a comeback! The fighting genre had become crap (with the exception of Soul Calibur 1 and 2 and Virtua Fighter). But even those franchises aren't as great as Street Fighter and I feel that Capcom NEEDS to put as much effort as they put on making Resident Evil into making a new Street Fighter.

With online play, new sprites, 2D or 2.5D would work, with new moves and expressions and LOTS of modes are rewards and FMVs! YES FMVs! dammit.

This game with online play could outsell even Metal Gear Solid or Zelda.

Any thoughts? Questions?

Discuss!

Street Fighter is the greatest fighting series ever made, no doubt, anyone who questions this needs not talk to me. SF4 should of been made already, with no word on SF4, I doubt it'll come any time soon. Constant re-releasing is teasing us ( well, at me at least ), it angers me sort of. Capcom needs to get there act together....

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Street Fighter 4 has been a long time coming, so when it does come out it better be perfect.

I feel that 2D and 3D fighters should be classified separately, it's not a very accurate comparison between Soul Calibur III and Street Fighter III. So I won't comment on 3D fighters.

However, there have been competent 2D fighters in between the SFs. There's no way you can call the fighting genre 'crap'. How could you forget Guilty Gear? It's the 3rd most popular 2D fighter, behind King of Fighters. King of Fighters has been pretty consistent, only missing 'real' games the last couple of years. Capcom realizes their competition is fierce in the realm of 2D fighters, so they're going to take their time to make the next Street Fighter perfect.

Besides, 3rd Strike is still the most-played fighter in the Japanese arcade. It's such a high quality game. Capcom would do better to take their time to make an even more perfect game, otherwise don't even bother bringing out a new one.

No ones ever heard of King of Fighters and I think Street fighter's never going to comeback with the release of Street Fighter Anthology, it has Street Fighter Alphas 1-3 and Pocket Fighter. The game is great though, it would suck if they made it 3-D just to join the current gen games.

Street Fighter was awesome. I just didn't like Third Strike, it crappy characters and gameplay.

Yeah and it will suck if it were 3D.

I adored the old SNES SF game, it was the first fighting game I ever got my sticky mitts on!
    SONIC BOOM!

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Schovitz
    No ones ever heard of King of Fighters...
    Not true. It's not as mainstream in the west as Street Fighter is, but in Japan (where arcades are still kickin') it's Street Fighter's biggest competition. My avatar/signature is a character from KOF, and 'Capcom vs SNK 2' (SNK=King of Fighters) is one of the finest 2D games ever.

Even Guilty Gear, the '3rd' most popular 2D game over there, has a pretty big following in the west. The next Street Fighter needs to be better than these 2 franchises, or it will get left behind eventually.

Blog Entries

I think Street Fighter got boring over 10 years ago, and should just die.

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus
    not really, street fighter kept kicking ass all the way through '00...but after that...Capcom hasn't made any games for it...I'm just waiting to see how graphically enhanced they'll make it for the PS3(SO MANY things they can do here)

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Heaven
    I just didn't like Third Strike
    Is that even possible ?

No ones ever heard of King of Fighters
    Of course people have heard of it.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there. It was good back in the day, but gaming has moved on since then.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I also agree. Street Fighter sucks. Also GTA is the greatest series ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Yeah, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there. It was good back in the day, but gaming has moved on since then.
    so the Marvel VS Capcom, Street fighter Alpha, and the Capcom VS SNK series didn't kick ass??? give me a break you just don't like the fighting genre, simple as that.

you too Yamaneko

I also agree. Street Fighter sucks. Also GTA is the greatest series ever made.
    Sarcasm?