Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: favorite race and job

I was in the most amazing party a little while ago ... it must have been jesus playing as a Pld ... (LMAO) because there were 2 nuke happy Blms in the party casting Freeze and (tornado i think) and none of them stole hate from the Pld ... plus i had to main heal + my normal Rdm duty (enfeeb, refresh, and debuff) ... wow ... it was sooo cool , i have gotta start lvlin' my Pld !
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Mithra all the way. I wish we had male mithras though :{. They're almost as versatile as humes too, but much cuter ;].

My favourite job eh.. I really haven't played too many different jobs. RDM seems really cool at higher levels though.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

I am:
    Female Hume DRK

I think are cool:
    Galka WHM
    Galka BLM
    any Galka Mage is pritty cool to see.
    Taru DRK are soo damn cute
    Taru BST in thier cute little AF is so cute as well.
    Taru PLD kick soo much ass

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Faviroute race is... uhhhmm... Elvaan I guess, cos they always look pissed off. (which is funny cos I chose the one who always smiled). And Blue Mage is my faviroute job because, well it always has been, you can basically do anything. I was so happy when it came to FFXI! I was like "lol bye DRG"
    jkhkjg

Taru PLD is my main, but I love anything Taru melee.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

LOL taru + melee = OH GOD STAY AWAY

But sure whatever gives you kicks?
    jkhkjg

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I've only played as Elvaan so I really couldn't say what my favorate Race was.

As for my Favorate Job I've leveled THF, PLD, WAR, MNK, RDM, WHM so it's safe to say I really couldn't decide which is my favorate Job is as I haven't even tried half of them out yet. Out of the ones I've leveled Paladin is my Favorate Job by far and even though I haven't tried out most of them I still think Paladin will reign supreame on my favorate Job list.

Reasons:

The idea of being a Valliant Hero type character kinda tickles me inside.

Being able to aid people - I've saved so many lives.

I get party invites thrown at me by the truckload, even when I'm not seeking I get the odd invite.

I can use White Magic and PL my friends as they did for me.

Auto-Refresh :<3:

Invincible; This is like an AoE provoke only it gathers ten times more hate and makes you immune to attacks for 30 seconds.

The Armour available for Paladins looks brilliant.

Weilding a Sword is always a good thing in my book.

Paladin being a melee Job gets to listen to the wonderful battle music.

As a Paladin you are an important member of any party - members are overjoyed to see you join and sad to see you leave.

Conclusion: Paladin = :<3::<3::<3::<3:

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post

I'd rather have a Taru that knows what he's doing, then some other race Meleeing that doesn't.

Besides they look so cute with their widdle Swords

With Juice i can use more MP than other races therefore holding hate better especially at lower lvls when only have Provoke, Shield Bash, and CureI/II(and to a lesser degree Holy Circle). This BLM spammed Bliz/Waterga the other day, and while it was tough i was usually able to turn in within moments or the BLM getting hit once(therefore losing hate...but he was really spamming). Granted it was at lvl 20, but it was good.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

As a Blm, paladins are my tank of choice. Different tanks bring different party strategies, and I dislike holding back. I have a reputation in my linkshell for treading the hateline and erring on the side of recklessness rather than caution with ample castings of stoneskin. What good is a blm who's afraid to cast, I say. With a paladin, that hateline is a little further away, which is more fun for me. Ninjas were better when I needed to cap my evasion for the level, though.

Hume Drg... purple ftw!
    FFXI: (deleted)
    Taggerung
    Drg 69/War 34
    Windurst
    LS: Victory

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Most definately Galka
    No matter what job I play I can take hate and not worry about it. I tanked the CoP Ouryu fight as blm in fact.
    Thief...I spend a lot of time solo, and there aren't too many jobs that can easily solo VT endgame, especially w/out the need to rest afterward, and the chance to chain them...and I'm a newb so w/ some merits and better gear I'll be on IT soon. Solo'd Aquarius two days ago...not many jobs can do that.
    Galka Blm....Anyone that's seen a Galka in a Demon Mask and Igqira Weskit knows how sexah galka blm can be.(or maybe just me) Had many pt's with taru hume or mithra blms that were doing more damage than me(not much really, RSE keeps Galka not far behind the others on mp/int) but would get 1-2 shotted, while I could handle taking the hits easily. I actually have taken hate a number of times just so I could use drain.
    It's just really hella fun being Galka.
    As far as just looking bad-azz there's not much better than Galka Sam in full Saotome, which is what got me started playing in the first place, a picture of Samurai in full AF.
    It's also fun to see Galka Mnks w/ well over 2k hp, and Taru Smns with enough MP to last a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post

Okay, just so you know. There are pleanty of brilliant tarutaru melee's around. I am a Taru 75 PLD, and I've been doing some end game stuff over the last few months -- with no troubles at all.

I also know pleanty of war, thf, rng, sam and drk tarutaru's that are absolutely brilliant at their job.

So forget about your concept of a tarutaru being a melee job.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Most definately Galka
    No matter what job I play I can take hate and not worry about it. I tanked the CoP Ouryu fight as blm in fact.
    Thief...I spend a lot of time solo, and there aren't too many jobs that can easily solo VT endgame, especially w/out the need to rest afterward, and the chance to chain them...and I'm a newb so w/ some merits and better gear I'll be on IT soon. Solo'd Aquarius two days ago...not many jobs can do that.
    Galka Blm....Anyone that's seen a Galka in a Demon Mask and Igqira Weskit knows how sexah galka blm can be.(or maybe just me) Had many pt's with taru hume or mithra blms that were doing more damage than me(not much really, RSE keeps Galka not far behind the others on mp/int) but would get 1-2 shotted, while I could handle taking the hits easily. I actually have taken hate a number of times just so I could use drain.
    It's just really hella fun being Galka.
    As far as just looking bad-azz there's not much better than Galka Sam in full Saotome, which is what got me started playing in the first place, a picture of Samurai in full AF.
    It's also fun to see Galka Mnks w/ well over 2k hp, and Taru Smns with enough MP to last a lifetime.
    YES! Finally someone who truly understands the underappreciated greatness that comes with being a galka!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yes, the cool thing about galka mages is that they aren't pussies :p, but that's about it.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?