View Poll Results: What kind of an FF fan are you?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ultimate FF fan. You like every FF game you play despite it's flaws

37 47.44%
  • Old School FF fan. You're only into old school FFs(1-6)

5 6.41%
  • New school FF fan. You're only into new school FFs(VII-XI)

14 17.95%
  • FF VII fan. You think FF VII is the greatest and no one other FF can compete or is worth playing

4 5.13%
  • Other type of fan(please mention)

18 23.08%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of an FF fan are you?

Well, I am an FF7 fan all the way. Im an FF7 fangirl I picked that option but I dont agree with the second thing it says on there. "no one other FF can compete or is worth playing". I just dont agree with that part cause there are greater games out there

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

ffx-2 fan all the way!
    i really got into a final fantasy (finally...)
    i used to be into sailor moon and other anime i could try to like
    but ffx-2 is my fav!
    Offline/Online

I'm a different kind of fan. I did not like Final Fantasy VII at all, yet, I love Final Fantasy VI and X. To be honest, the only FF games that I have really sat down to complete were VI and X though I have played quite a few.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm an 'they're all great except ff4 should DIE@!!!!s111' sort of fan.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    I'm a "they're all great except ff4 FFX-2, which should DIE@!!!!s111 fails at life and should be banned from the shelves" sort of fan. I also make fun of blind fanboyism, which isn't the same as hating games.

New school, only becuase I havent played hardly any of the old school ones

Props to Owen Macwere for my kick as* sig

KH Survivor Character- Cloud

This game toatly destroys all other free online rpg''s out there. You have to check this out, it's really fun. Think Ragnorok Online, only free and with less people.http://www.kuyaro.net/

I guess the closest category I'd fall into would be the 'Ultimate FF fan' one, except for the fact that I couldn't really stand Crystal Chronicles on any level, even though I managed to complete it. But yeah, I've played every numbered one(including FF11) and most spinoffs. While I recognize some of them have flaws(some more than others O_o) I've derived at least some degree of enjoyment from even my less-enjoyed experiences, like FF10-2 and FF2j. And the ones I really enjoyed are among my favorite games of all-time, like FFT, FF7 and FF10. I also fondly remember playing FF1 incessantly when I was growing up, and it was the only FF I could get my hands on! Those were good times.

I'm and Ultimate FF Fan. I remember I used to hate ff8 and 4 (i can't even remember why... oh yeah, Squall's a jerk and I can't choose my party in ff4) but now that I don't have ff7 to play anymore, I started to really get into them both. I like them all now, with the possible exception of ff2j (which I still kinda like).
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

I Personal Think That The Old School Was Was Better That New School Generation FF.I Mean Come On,What Can beat Final Fantasy I?
    LoL

i like all the games apart from final fantasy X 2

Old School... to the death!... Nintendo (with Square or anyone) made the greatest CRPG... I think if u apreciate the new games of the saga, u have to know there is a father: Nintendo generation... and u have to respect it... Its like the Elder of gaming in general, and obviously, FF has a big part in that fact... U have to be loyal to the source of the things u love... and of course, the title is from Square, but Nintendo has the hand and the impulse behind this...

Old games are the origin, and if u dont consider the origin o things u do or like, u are building on nothing, believin in a void... layin the foundations of something on nothing... I dont believe in the people who says they are gamers and they havent played nothing more than new games... for me, they arent gamers... they just play because people play... not because they really were born for games...

I just speak... u can apply that on another things on real life...

PD: Sorry if my english is not good, its not my native language!
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'm the kind of fan who hates people that spend so much energy hating a game in the series.
    I severely disliked FFIV, and was a little dissapointed with X-2.

Final Fantasy X & X-2 for me only ^ ^ They're actually the only video games I've played in my life! I just like Final Fantasy, not video games in general...

Which FF Character Are You?

Considering she is my favorite fictional character of all time, I'd say this is pretty good ^ ^

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I'm the other type of fan. I'm like that option with 7 except put in 8 instead. 8 is my life.

Str8 Pimpin'

Ultimate fan for sure.
    ~Gil
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men."