Thread: so apparently

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Default so apparently

my LS leader (who has been playing for around 3.5 years... still hasnt beaten it ovcourse but anyways) says that a party of red mages could be all that is needed to beat the entire game from start to finish.

x_x

Beat the game? You can't 'beat' the game. And if you wanted to include all of the HNM/gods in the game... no a group of RDMs could not take them period.

I'm intrigued though by what you mean by beating the game.
    Last edited by Yeargdribble; 07-15-2006 at 01:11 AM.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As far as I'm concerned, you can't "beat" the game until you've leveled every single job to 75, have AF and AF2 gear for all those jobs, maxed out all the crafting skills, reached rank 10 in all the starting nations, have hero fame everywhere, finished all the missions available in the game, and only then will *I* consider someone to have finished with the game, although if someone were truely insane, they always have the option of going around and finishing every single quest available in the game.

Personally, I don't think anyone, not even someone who's JP can do all that and claim that they've beaten the game.

you probably mean level 1 - 75 yes?

well, maybe...

it would be the hardest 10 - 25, the time period when RDM's arent too good at much, but later in the game when a /NIN or /SMN sub work well, i could see it working.
    You would have to explain the setup, i think a group or BLM's can get it done, (go to Bibiki, i dare you), but it would be harder for RDM, because in the game poeple demand SMN,BLM or WHM sub on these guys, and 6 RDM/BLM in a pt would get "Owned" by some tougher pt mobs....

I think all the RDM's need to be talented players, and have good gear, a well thought through PT setup, variation on sub jobs most definatly, and a smart leader...
    I Put the Laughter in Slaughter...

:shoot:

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble
    Beat the game? You can't 'beat' the game. And if you wanted to include all of the HNM/gods in the game... no a group of RDMs could not take them period.

I'm intrigued though by what you mean by beating the game.
    I dont know what I mean by that... I guess completing the storyline missions.

thats what he said.

edit: Ech has confirmed its 1-75.
    perhaps he doesnt know the concept of FFXI yet