Thread: Bat scales 2nd mission

Default Bat scales 2nd mission

I'm level 11 RDM, done loads of quests but thought i'd start with the missions as at level 11 I can pretty much beat everthing hands down in east & west ronfare, so I got the orc axe pretty easy, but on the second mission I found a guy who took me to the tomb of king Rappour, but now I need to kill dingbats and get some scales, I have killed every dingbat, mousebat, goblin and stone eater in there and no scales, am I missing something here? The only place I haven't been is in the other dark caves as my linkshell buddies strongly advised against it at level 11, I peeped around the corner saw some wingbats so thought i'd kill them but they were alot harder to kill that dingbats so I didn't bother going in as any else in there would be alot stronger that bats. I went back to ther city gate to see the guard, gave him some stuff I had got off the bats when i'd killed them but he just gives me it back. Is there a certain bat I have to kill or something, oh and someone forgot to tell about enchanted bones that appear, all 3 of them, add that to the goblin thats there, I had had 9HP after killing them. Have I miised something?

Usually the bats around the tomb of the King will drop Orcish Scales, that is the item you need. Just go in the tunnel(first one) then to the center of that winding maze-thingie, wait til night and kill bats there. Watch for bones and the NM Spook if he is not camped.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I did kill some bats around the tombstone area, I will go back and try again as I want to do a few missions now before I go to the dunes, so many people have told me to get a party together and go but I want to wait untill I am level 15 first.

Oh and I want to start crafting, I have got 24 of earth, wind, fire, dark and water crystals, I kept 24 of each and sold the rest. I have got plenty of iron ore & copper ore.
    Can someone please put up a list of what crystal is used to synthasize (spelt wrong) what peice of material. And is there a certain way if doing this? i've been to the shops and seen the different selections of wood etc etc... do I start with the cheapest one and work up from there? And is it possible to make your own furniture for MH cos the prices in the furniture shop are extortion.

Depending on your job you can solo most of the way to 20 before you need to get a party. As a RDM you should be able to if you do it right, AND you can get an assortment of Beastmen Seals which are invaluable since they can provide a source of money and away from bad parties. However partying can quickly give you the experience you need to know for the rest of your exping career. So its give or take..... I do recommend going to get your subjob asap however, as that is very important.

Crafting usually means investment, its not instant money and sometimes you take losses to get skill. However usually there are always some synth that is cheap to make and sell for a profit. The best way to know what to do about crafting is to research.

http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.jp/ffxi/us/

^ The guild section lists tons of recipies for different crafts availible

http://ffxi.somepage.com/

^ This website can show you where to get these materials. You can get them via which NPC, and what materials make what as well as...is it even buyable? Just type it in the Item Search on the left Column. Sometimes it is cheapter to buy via NPC than via AH, and it is very crucial you know what items come from where, as it can give you the edge in a certain selling of an item for your advantage, or show why such and such item, is at such a ridiculously low/high price.

www.ffxiah.com

^ While you dont have to use this site, careful knowledge of the AH proceedings and how much things sell for is important. If soso item takes A B and C items to make, but the items cost more to get than to actually just purchase, then why synth them? On the other hand, if something can be made or gotten reletively cheap via NPC, why buy it via AH for some ridiculous price? And if that is so, can you make that item to profit you? Checking and looking at AHs is extremely important.

With these resouces you can easily find the best ways to skill up your desired craft, and also make money or minimize losses as you craft. Being informed and being lvl 0 in all crafts, beats being level 100 in a craft with all the uber items, and then ask "WHERES DA GILZ AT?!". Because just because you are a higher lvl in crafting doesnt mean you are automatically...rich.

Also...some items on the AH are cheaper, or more expensive than NPCs or the price of the items to make them..so always check check and check for things. If you need more links you should always look at the FFXI Resources thread on the top of the page, stickied. I hope this helps you. ^^

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Thankyou, trust me that does help alot.

Thanks again
    Coll

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

You have to examine the Tombstone before you can get the drop, make sure you fight Ding Bats and not Mouse Bats; Mouse Bats do not drop the Orcish Mail Scales (which is the mission item you are looking for), good luck.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.