Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Staff Experience

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Saying that you admined a proboards is like saying you're assistant manager during the nighshifts at McDonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    Saying that you admined a proboards is like saying you're assistant manager during the nighshifts at McDonalds.
    qft&ftw

Thank you Hysterian!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been a Knight at EoFF since about February 2003. I think. Not sure about that date and I don't want to do a search at the moment.

I was also an Admin at Fat Elephant. That was fun, and the hardest part about the whole time I was there was trying to figure out how to unban Meat Puppet after HOOTERS banned him for doing something that escapes me at the moment.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yeah. I was admin there too.

If Hoot ever wants the forums back I still have a backup, I think.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

EoFF EzBoard was my first mod spot. I modded into the UBB/early vB stage, roughly about a year.

I was a mod at FFWA for a while (this was when FFWA was waaaaay bigger than EoFF).

I was adminned at tGA in January of 2000. I worked alongside several other admins for a couple of years, and have since taken ownership of it. It started as an EzBoard, then an IPB, and is now a vB.

I modded at Aiyon for a bit, if only the ORPG forum. I had my own nifty little icon, too.

I modded/adminned at FG for a while. Yeah, I'm not too proud of it.

I modded/adminned at a bunch of small EzBoards. Like Jojo's crappy old EzBoard which I took over in a revolt against the staff (no joke).

I also admin at Red Wings, the most awesomest place ever. It's awesome.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 07-15-2006 at 05:42 AM.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I once was a mod at a board for a game I played who the game makers never finished making and further, they were tyrannical. The game traditionally was made fun of constantly (in good humor of course) because it was in fact terrible, but addicting. ERA Online. Anyways, I was a mod at their forum for a bit until I started trying to make the forums more active and then ran a crazy contest which I said had no prizes and they closed it saying "We do not sanction contests outside administration approval that give out prizes that we never promised" and the thread definitely said that there would be no real prizes given. Well after debating, they kicked me off the team where I persistantly battled and they banned me for a bit. IT doesn't matter, like every other shard of EO, Era Online 2 failed as well.

I was a mod for a place called drks basement when it was hosted by invisionfree. But when it moved to v3n and renamed "the basement" he did not re make me a mod but he did to everyone else. I hateed that, he had no excuse.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Quote Originally Posted by Levian
    Admin:
    MFH (proboards)
    Proboards my eye.
    Potato Potato

Potatomoo

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I was vaguely involved with EoFF for a while. I ran my own forum once until everyone ticked me off enough that I had to close it down. tGA doesn't count as a real forum, sorry Raist.

Generally my experience involved being drunk on power and crushing my enemies with an iron ogre-like fist. Something like that. I rather didn't enjoy it most of the time, however that is because I was screwy at the time.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I have left moderating the Site Staff forums as of today.
    Last edited by theundeadhero; 07-16-2006 at 03:08 AM.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I modded here between July 2003 and (I think) May of this year.
    Gave up on it for various reasons.

My first mod spot was at a friends small forum, as Head Moderator, and being my first mod experience, I did a lot of things wrong, and often got in trouble with the owner.

I was an Admin at Venom/Arucards original forum (I think it was the original) and quite a lot of fun there, until it got suddenly deleted.

I made my own forum, The Final Dimension, which is very dead, and only used to post my stories (I then link to the stories, beats posting it/sending it all the time). Someday I hope to revive it, but im too lazy.

I have also been a mod at DoC Forums, but never did a thing, and ive been offered a mod position a few times for various sites, but turned the position down.

I was also made an admin for a closed forum so I could acess the old threads, as I was writing a story out of a thread there, and never got all the resources before the place closed. I got de-admined of course when it reopened.

I started out as a regular member at tGA around December 2003/January 2004 (during the time when we still had the old board before we moved to this current version of vB we now have), but thanks to my contributions to the development of the site and to the story of the RP itself over the course of the year I was eventually made an admin sometime around December 2004. Since then I've actively participated in the RP, had discussions with other members of the staff about the technical stuff and the overall story of the RP, and all in all I've had a good time with all the members.

It's been a nice experience so far (and a good way to see what is expected from an admin in a forum), and I hope we can continue to keep the community alive despite the vicious cycles of activity and inactivity. Thanks to my time at tGA I also got to know quite a few members better (be it people from FFR, Fool's Gold, Aiyon or EoFF), and I appreciate that.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Moderated TripleTriad.net's Trivia forum.
    Supermod at <a href=http://fflegend.com/forums>FFLegend</a> (Carofisteri)
    Former administrator at Fool's Gold. Yep.