Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Forum Staff Experience

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cidding here was fun, most of all I was very complimented that people wanted me to! Don't think I'd been here that long at the time so it was a surprise. xD But then life kinda has to take over from working on a forum unfortunately ;_;
    rawr

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

First forum I was staff at was <a href="http://www.free-writers.org/forums/">Free Writer's Forums</a>, from May 2002 to some time I can't really remember; it's an off-shoot of the FF:WA writing boards when for a while, they banned original fiction. Also, I had FTP access there for a while, which is always fun.

I was a Cid's Knight here at EoFF for over a year, from February 2003 to March 2004, and got FTP access in August 2003. I admit, I didn't really enjoy my time as a Cid's Knight, but I got into it for all the wrong reasons which was probably most of the problem, compounded by my general views on how things should be run conflicting with most other staff member's.

EDIT: I've also been Site Staff here since before I was Knighted, and during one of my more active spells, I was Senior Site Staff as well, though a certain <a title="Roogle or BoB">cockjockey</a> keeps demoting me.

I also have FTP access over at tGA, meaning I could in theory, after doing a bit of research, make myself an admin and ban everyone from the place. Not happened yet, but you never can tell with me.

That's about it really. I don't particularly want to be staff on any forums anymore, but I mostly attribute that to my general disenchantment with the internet. I figure even at my ripe old age I could do with some more maturing, so I'm not saying I'll never be staff at a forum again, maybe even here. If they haven't already learned their lesson XD
    Last edited by Spatvark; 08-24-2006 at 06:37 PM.
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wonder if I still have ftp/cp access over at tGA. I remember that I stumbled upon pictures of a shirtless Wes one time and I don't think I've logged in ever since.

The only time I've ever been an admin is at forums I've created (all dead, all dead, lah-dee-dah~); even my friends don't trust me to mod at their forums. >=(

But it's better that way
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was an admin at Daryl's old forums.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think the first forum I ever modded at was a small invisionfree one that I'd joined on a whim when someone PMed me about it here. I got a rather popular RP going on that site and we had a decent (for an invisionfree board) amount of members, and I'd done a lot for it, so I was eventually modded and then adminned.

I've made a few of my own boards on invisionfree, usually on a whim, and they tend to not last very long nor be very noteworthy.

I was offered a position on another board, Megaforums I believe he calls it now, which I did for awhile. But I never really took to that particular forum, so while I've been offered a position and have tried to get some roleplays going there a time or two, I'm not really inclined to go back.

I became a mod here... a year or so ago? Something like that. I'm rather enjoying it, it's a lot different with so many people and a lot of fun.

Not counting the penis spam we get every now and again.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    I wonder if I still have ftp/cp access over at tGA. I remember that I stumbled upon pictures of a shirtless Wes one time and I don't think I've logged in ever since.
    That'll teach you to snoop around my folder.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I wanna hear it from the staff that still haunt the place now!

Except Quin.