Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More Japanese scans

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)Because all that time I thought he was dead and then at the very end I find out he's alive. And I thought he was dead. Well, at least we know where FFIV got it from...

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    But what's an "evoker"? Is that another name for Conjurer?
    Yes. The Japanese name for the job is Genjutsushi, a made-up term that literally translates to something like "Illusionary Arts Expert," which just is not going to fit comfortably on a game menu screen. So, Evoker is as good a substitute as Conjurer.

Another suspicious move is their use of Summoner. Because FFIII was the first game in the series to have summoning, it's unique in that the summoning job isn't called Shoukanshi (Summoner) but instead Makaigenshi, another made-up term that comes out to "Demon World Illusion User." So, I'd have expected them to have used an appropriate substitute--Astral Illusionist or something--but I guess it was easier to just go with Summoner.
    The fan translation of the NES version called them Conjurer and Summoner, so I don't really mind the Summoner being called that. FFIII's summoning was unique also in a way that Conjurer had two random summon effects, usually a defensive one and an offensive one. Only the Summoner and Sage had the summon special attacks seen in the later FFs, such as Shiva's Diamond Dust, Ifrit's Hellfire, Ramuh's Judgment Bolt (Heaven's Rage in the fan translation), Titan's Earthquake, Odin's Zantetsuken (Atom Edge in the fan translation), Leviathan's Tidal Wave (or Tsunami) and Bahamut's Mega Flare.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Final Fantasy III DS truely looks amazing. You can tell it is pushing the Nintendo DS to its limits! It looks beautiful, colorful, artistic, and unique. The character models remind of of those in Legend of Legaia for the PSone. I'm just really excited for this game to come out.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Another suspicious move is their use of Summoner. Because FFIII was the first game in the series to have summoning, it's unique in that the summoning job isn't called Shoukanshi (Summoner) but instead Makaigenshi, another made-up term that comes out to "Demon World Illusion User." So, I'd have expected them to have used an appropriate substitute--Astral Illusionist or something--but I guess it was easier to just go with Summoner.
    They made changes! This is going to completely mess up how the player experiences the game! It's all Woolsey's fault! We need good translations like FFVII again! *protests*
    I'm not complaining. I just can't help but notice this stuff, man.

Nothing on that page loaded..

My god, the Nautilus and Invincible have been ruined!

A flying gherkin with wings, and a standard airship? Noooooo!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNatural
    Final Fantasy III DS truely looks amazing. You can tell it is pushing the Nintendo DS to its limits! It looks beautiful, colorful, artistic, and unique. The character models remind of of those in Legend of Legaia for the PSone. I'm just really excited for this game to come out.
    How can you tell it's pushing the DS to its limits?

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNatural
    How can you tell it's pushing the DS to its limits?
    I ment graphically and artistically. It looks truely stunning. I think Final Fantasy III is the best looking Nintendo DS game yet. That's what I ment.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It certainly looks that way, from the video. It's actually in 3D, as compared to the pre-rendered PS1 FFs. And if that video wasn't of the best quality, imagine how good it'll look and sound for real.

The airships look basically the same to me.

I hope the Invincible doesn't move like a snail...

Yeah but games that push a system to its limits tend to suffer a bit in framerate. The latest video features wonderful framerates. Check out Shadow of the Colossus if you want to see what hardware being pushed to its limits looks like. If you took a screenshot of the game it would look breathtakingly beautiful, but the game itself refreshes at a painfully slow rate. That's not to say it's a bad game or that it's lacking in some way, but the graphical hardware is being given a real run for its money.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you say so. I honestly don't really notice anything. It could also be the YouTube quality of the video.

This may have been touched on in another thread, but I find it interesting that it seems they are using the Final Fantasy Tactics concept of artwork(most notably the lack of noses) for this FF3 remake. I find that interesting.

Default Even more new scans

heh. EVen more new scans to look at. Here. Prince Alus has a funny hat.

http://www.jeux-france.com/news16700...en-images.html

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

*saves up cash* So pretty ^_^

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Looks quite pretty, both the main characters and the NPCs that join your party. I see a lot of similarities with FFT's character graphics. What's up with the hair colors, by the way? The female Light Warrior has a yellow hair in her character art and screenshots, but she seems to be having a red hair when she's using a class. Is it just me or do you think the Light Warrior with white hair and purple eyes will have the darkest story, i.e. the Leonhart/Kain/Vincent/Auron/Paine of the group?
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

I am SO pre-ordering this today.