Thread: Ultimecia & levels

An unknown quantity Disco Potato's Avatar

Ultimecia & levels

Hi everyone ^_^. This is my first post here, and I have a question about fighting Ultimecia. This is actually my fourth time playing through the game so I feel kinda stupid, but whatever

So it's obvious that keeping your characters' levels low throughout the game makes it a lot easier. So I did that for once (I haven't played the game in a while so I don't remember why, but the first 3 times my characters always ended up at really high levels), and now all I have to do is fight Ultimecia. Squall is at level 43, and the rest are at level 42 (I didn't bother to get to Ultima Weapon and just drew Eden from Tiamat...maybe that's why they're still so low level). The problem is, now I'm reading on different guides that the characters should be at least level 65, since apparently Ultimecia and Griever are that level.

Has anyone beaten the game at a low level (40-ish)? Was it harder than beating it at higher levels? So far the game's been really easy - my characters have high-level magic junctioned but the monsters are still low-level, etc. It would suck to have to level everyone to level 65, but it would suck more if I suddenly struggled with the final boss(es).

Sorry this was so long - I'm not very articulate

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ultimecia is always at Level 65 regardless, and Omega Weapon is always at Level 100 regardless. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But if you have proper Junctions (stock up on Meteor, Ultima, Flare, Holy, Meltdown, and Aura on the Islands Closest to Heaven/Hell with Encounter-None), then it shouldn't be too much regardless of level.

I generally kill off the characters until I get the team I alwasy use, and then use Aura and Meltdown to Limit away. (I also have Quistis use Big Guard.) But it'd depend on who you're using.

And no, you don't need to be at 65. Your levels are just fine.

Thanks!

Those guides are giant piles of s*** then. Like Zeromus said, your levels are just fine. As long as you have the proper junctions you can take down anything at any level.

Yea levels arent that improtant...but hey i just cheated and refined Laguna's card into 100 heros and never even got touched once by her......or Griever!

BIG props to Atlanteay for the sig!!:bigbiggri

Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Squall!
    A lone wolf with the weight of the world on your shoulders, you
    may not communicate your feelings to your friends, but you
    are a true friend to those you are close to. In spite of your
    hesitance to warm up to people, you're likely one hot number in
    the eyes of the opposite sex.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

Modding cards definately is not cheating.

whatever........i used it and aura and straight limit breaks through the entire battle.............and no matter what level you are.....refining regen rings that you get from toramas to get full-lifes through i dont know what GF ability.....i think one of siren's..........is a great strategy.....

BIG props to Atlanteay for the sig!!:bigbiggri

Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Squall!
    A lone wolf with the weight of the world on your shoulders, you
    may not communicate your feelings to your friends, but you
    are a true friend to those you are close to. In spite of your
    hesitance to warm up to people, you're likely one hot number in
    the eyes of the opposite sex.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

If you just keep low levels till you get the Ragnarok, you can then go get the Cactaur GF and then kill off all your characters but one, equip that one with 4 bonuses (or just rotate the 5) and go level them up to 100. Rinse and repeat for other characters. If you started at say level 25, then you can easily max out all your stats.

So then being a high level would have some advantages.

Second Character: paine
    Third Character: squall

Which FF Character Are You?

Personally i put all my characters at level 100 and their stats are almost indestructible Ultimecia is probably the easiest boss ever after fighting Omega Weapon who needs to worry about Ultimecia anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
    Personally i put all my characters at level 100 and their stats are almost indestructible Ultimecia is probably the easiest boss ever after fighting Omega Weapon who needs to worry about Ultimecia anyway?
    Every boss will seem like that if you have mastered junctioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    Ultimecia is always at Level 65 regardless, and Omega Weapon is always at Level 100 regardless. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Okay.

Ultimecia's level will be 80~120% of the average of your active characters, but she's limited to Lv65, i.e. she can be no higher than Lv65.

In the PlayStation version, Omega Weapon is always Lv100. In the PC version it will be 80~120% of the average level, like most monsters.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

I one-hit-KO'd ultimecia on level 14.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Thanks everyone! I just beat her