28 33.33%
  • Zell

54 64.29%
  • Selphie

20 23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your Party???

Squall, Rinoa and Selphie. All for preference reasons, therefore they have the largest HP and the best magics junctioned. I use Irvine when i can't use Rinoa and Quistis when i can't use Selphie...

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Squall and Selphie, and then I rotate the third. The only real reason I use Selphie is because she and Squall are the only ones who can hit Cactuars everytime (unless I'm not remembering correctly and it's someone else who's ultimate weapon has the 255% hit percentage, but I'm quite certain it's her). Aside from that she just seems to be in my party a lot for no real reason. Zell and Quistis fill the third spot, again, for no real reason. I don't really like using any of the characters aside from Squall more than others. I tend to avoid Irvine though, but only because I don't like limit breaks that use consumable items, and Squall generally deals more than enough damage on his own.

I use:

Squall
    Quistis
    Zell

I use them cuz they r good characters...

I only liked Rinoa for her Angel Wing limit break, otherwise, I didn't use her at all, I never liked her either..

First playthrough - Squall, Zell and Rinoa
    2nd Playthrough - Squall, Zell and irvine.

Scratch what I said earlier.

I don't use Rinoa anymore. She uses Angelo Cannon too much.
    Last edited by Xurts; 08-06-2006 at 06:35 AM.

Squall, Quistis, and usually Irvine, these days. They're some of my favorite characters, and I just sort of like having them in the party, even if Irvine is switched out as I feel like it.
    -Q

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts
    Squall, Irvine, and Rinoa.

Rinoa's Angel Wing sucks. I use her for her stats and Invincible Moon/Wishing Star. Irvine's Hyper Shot does more damage more quickly than Zell's Armageddon Fists.
    Irvine's Fast Shot does more damage, per limited 100/Ammo type.
    Angel's Wing Does 70k Average Damage!
    While Wishing Star does 64k, sometimes... when you get it!
    Angel Wing is the best Desperation Move in FFVIII (After Lionhearth).
    You just have to know how to use it.

Welcome to Eyes on Final Fantasy Xurts!

You can freely explore the site, Angel Wing. As it explains how to make it.

If you are to junction magic, You can easily max them all out with Curatif & Support Magic.

Hits of Meteor gets 6500 minimum & 7500 maximum.
    Always remember to use Meltdown on your enemy, otherwise, you won't hit as much.
    I always get 70k average since I always get equal damage.
    If one hits at 6.500, another will hit 7.500 damage

Heu, yea, sorry about the, heu..., Rude Awakening.

Anyway, Angel Wing is one of the best.
    She's always in may party because of that.

Party:
    Squall
    Rinoa
    Irvine*/Quistis**

*Limit Breaks
    -Fast Shot
    -Scatter Shot
    -AP Shot
    -Dark Shot
    **I just like her, got good limit breaks to!
    -Shockwave Pulsar
    -Mighty Guard
    -Bad Breath
    -Degenerator

Oh, And I always Love to use Laguna to get a NEW GF.

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

Moomba

Squall, Zell, and Rinoa cuz they're MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS!!! :kaohappy2

It's also a plus that they have the best Limit Breaks too!!! But even if they didn't I would still always use them!!!

My 2nd favorite party is Squall, Zell, and Irvine. And it's fun playing as Laguna too.

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Squall-Rinoa-Irvine:] Mostly because they're my three favorites. Sometimes I use selphie too. Quistis and Zell are my scapegoats, and I use them to level the others up to 100 with wonderful stats :] so q&z end up at 100 with terrible stats:]

Quote Originally Posted by King-Killer
    To get Rinoa to use Meteor you have to take out every offensive spell including status magic. Support/Curative magic alone is NOT enough to give her good stats, even when I leveled her from her initial level all the way to 100 using Bonuses. For her to have good stats I would have to spend hours making Ups.

Since she would have no status magic, her resistance towards those spells would be nothing, making her even weaker and susceptible to status magic. Life + Shell will give you 50% resistance against elemental magic, but that is still a big compromise considering I usually absorb half of every type of element.

Because of all of the sacrifices you are making to her stats and resistances, plus the fact that you can't control her during Angel Wing, knocks out being able to use her as a defense and support character.

Angel Wing would be decent if she didn't use such crap spells, and for her to actually use the good ones you have to wipe out practically her entire magic stock, save Meteor. Too much sacrifice for too little gain. Invincible Moon and Wishing Star are MUCH more reliable and easy to use, plus they don't force you to throw away your powerful magic.

Angel Wing is not the best Limit BY FAR, in fact, it's the worst. Get a clue. thx
    Last edited by Xurts; 08-03-2006 at 09:00 PM.

squall, irvine (or quistis(sp)), and selphie haha there the strongest ones

my second made siggy ^^^^

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

Moomba

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Killer
    To get Rinoa to use Meteor you have to take out every offensive spell including status magic. Support/Curative magic alone is NOT enough to give her good stats, even when I leveled her from her initial level all the way to 100 using Bonuses. For her to have good stats I would have to spend hours making Ups.

Since she would have no status magic, her resistance towards those spells would be nothing, making her even weaker and susceptible to status magic. Life + Shell will give you 50% resistance against elemental magic, but that is still a big compromise considering I usually absorb half of every type of element.

Because of all of the sacrifices you are making to her stats and resistances, plus the fact that you can't control her during Angel Wing, knocks out being able to use her as a defense and support character.

Angel Wing would be decent if she didn't use such crap spells, and for her to actually use the good ones you have to wipe out practically her entire magic stock, save Meteor. Too much sacrifice for too little gain. Invincible Moon and Wishing Star are MUCH more reliable and easy to use, plus they don't force you to throw away your powerful magic.

Angel Wing is not the best Limit BY FAR, in fact, it's the worst. Get a clue. thx
    Hey...don't diss me!!!

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

1st: Squall Zell Rinoa
    2nd: Squall Irvine Selphie
    3rd: Squall Zell Selphie
    4th: Squall Rinoa Quistis

In my latest it is Squall Zell and alternates between Rinoa/Selphie/Quistis. Zell was by far one of my strongest and favorite, I usually just ignored or alternated between them but Squall and Zell were my best. And I've always liked Rinoa.

Squall Zell and Quistis my gfs worked best with them

Default The party

So i don't knwo about anyone else but I prefer to use two constant characters all the time and have another switchable character. In my case I always use Squall, Irvine, and Rinoa. But in the cases where you can't use Rinoa, like the whole 3rd disc for exampe, I choose to use selphie. And yes I know that there are times where you can't use any of thes characters, but then you just junction the crap out of them and make them as tough as your other characters.