Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are You Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNatural
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness
    Quote Originally Posted by krayziesaiko
    I can relate to the poorness but not the lonliness. We have more money now, but all year last year we had not enough to even pay our bills. Without my bf, I would be unhappy, but without money, could care less. I could care less if I was on the streets with no food, long as I had him. So I see where you are coming from.
    Thank you for understanding. In my mind money does bring happiness, because there is a person I want to be with, but my financial situation is what keeps stopping. If I had the money to have a car, I'd be alright just as long as I wasn't here and I wasn't alone.
    I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you ment money as in being rich makes you happy which isn't true, but you need money to survive in order to buy food, clothing and shelter. You need the requirements in life to survive.
    are you talking to me? I WAS saying money in general does not make one happy. But I was referring more to excessive money and objects. I consider cars, and TVs, etc. excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness
    You make me chuckle.

No I'm not happy, You know the reasons I'm not happy, because I have none of the above. I have no car, therefore no way to get around and have a life, I have money, it's not keeping me happy because all it does is buy me material things, which yeah like you said, keep me temporarily happy. I am lonely, sad and depressed, because my material wealth isn't enough to get me to were I want to go. Money gets me the car, car gets me out of this house I dub as solitary confinement. In a sense money does equal happiness, You have shelter, it cost money, your food cost money, money keeps the nessecities for you. Now if you say "But the poor people in Africa are happy" they are content with their lives, they get charity work, strangely, charity work revolves around money. I would sell all my material items that I have to be truely happy and content with my life for one day, but if I sold all the things I have to make me happy, it would buy a car, yet another material item, no one is happy alone and with nothing. Everyone is happy because of -something- material or sentimental. But everyone needs someone, and something, it's a basic part of life.

Oh and I'm content with my life, there's nothing to take from me, but always something to gain. I'm just not happy with having nothing in the sentimental sense. Yeah sure people care about me, but I want to be with those people. Not having to live my life out of a room and a job for a few hours.
    You still have hope.

I tend to be unhappy because of past mistakes; not current short termed and fixable issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bipper
    You still have hope.

I tend to be unhappy because of past mistakes; not current short termed and fixable issues.

If you like where you are at in your life, you have made no mistakes. Each action you took, whether you realized it or not, was necessary for you to be where you are.

I do not mean mistakes as in bouncing a check for Taco Bell; I am talking mistakes that are unfixable and cost you more than any material value could posess. These things CAN be remedied by the future.

Even running the risk of sounding "emo," I must say I am not happy. I have a home, I'm taken care of. I'm lucky and appreciate those things but I am indeed unhappy. I feel unfulfilled and unhappy with who I am and I feel utterly alone. I have little talent in any field of any expertise, I do little with myself, so I'm unhappy with who I am. I try to fix it mind you, I don't sit around sulking about it. The fact that I'm a perfectionist and by habit treat myself like a machine doesn't help me any either. I do little with myself because I seem to have aged much quicker than most seem to, I don't do the wild and rambunctious things most people my age do, though they are immature and generally unwise, they get to live life a little and have something to look back on happily and they're able to be young, which I seem to naturally forbid myself to do. I have to be the good kid. The smart one...

I'm unhappy with my poor social skills, my short term memory, and frequent procrastinating. I have rarely done anything with the smallest amount of adequacy. I'm also horribly paranoid about losing the things I do have and keep close to me and find little way to shake it off, it's gotten so bad recently it's resulted in a lack of sleep, because I can't sleep when I'm depressed. Hell, I've been up for 17 hours already. A couple nights ago I was up for thirty-six hours.

I find myself unable to fix anything, I keep trying though. I feel alone, I have little to no friends off the internet, and well, my town is running amuck with social stereotypes, ignorance, arrogance, and moral immaturity. People close to my age group don't interest me, some cases it's because they're ignorant (that's not intended to sound snobbish) trapped within their careless, pop culture obsessed world and others, they're just people who merely don't share the same interests as I do. Can't really help that, some people don't conflict but they don't really blend and become friends. All I beg for is one best friend to be here with me and support me. I think that's all I need to help me. I'm also bullied frequently in my school. I love to learn, I love technology, so I'm the dork, and the way the archtypical, stereotypical, schools in suburbia run, the dork gets bullied by the popular kids who waste their life blowing off homework and classwork and doing drugs. It makes me feel isolated and unwanted. Hell, when I was younger I just thought there was something wrong with me. Like I was a freak and deserved it. It's just how it seemed. I'm also still dealing with some trauma from things too personal to show publically on a popular message board.

My parents have gotten divorced quite recently, so everything feels tense as my parents try to force me into living with one of them constantly and talk about it, making it all the worse.

My family loves me, I feel that but that may temporary on many accounts. I've left Christianity and I'm Agnostic now. I haven't told my family, but I'm sure a good deal of them would disown me if they knew. It makes me feel uncomfortable, the fear of thinking how they'd feel if they knew about me. I also miss having the belief there may be a God watching me somehow, helping me, but now I'm just filled with skepticism and worry of going to Hell if my skepticism is misplaced.

The only true friends I have are online, I suppose that may be considered pathetic, but few people have made me feel as wanted than they have. Sadly, the bad almost completely destroys the good. The relationship I have with them would be considered unhealthy by my parents and they would ban me from the net if they knew. That would destroy me, and I'm constantly terrified by the thought of losing it all if they found out.

I also have an online girlfriend, who is more important to me than anything, being without the one you truly love for nearly 9 months and never knowing her touch and voice, and love is more painful than being single ever was. Though when I'm with her she fills me with more happiness than I ever felt possible, but it's temporary, only seeing her a couple hours a day. I also have to live with the worry of them being fake. That is unsettling. I also kind of act as the therapist of the group, I listen to all the problems, which add worry and stress to me. I've talked a few people out of more suicides than I can count on one hand. I also keep things to myself for the most part, afraid to lay the same stress and worry to the ones I love.

I have many things materially, I never go a second without feeling grateful for what I have, a lot of the time I feel guilty for all the stuff.

There is a lot of things upsetting me and making me feel miserable. I try constantly to fix them and I won't stop trying. I hope I didn't sound too whiney there.
    Last edited by Ryth; 07-16-2006 at 01:31 PM.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I can truly say I'm very very happy at the moment. I've got a roof over my head. Brilliant family and friends. I don't have a job at the moment but my parents give me money when I need it in exchange for me ironing. xD I also have the most amazing boyfriend so, yeah.

I am usually happy. And it usually comes from within myself. Except for those times when I feel like butchering millions of innocent people and soaking myself in their blood and eating puppies. Like now.

Quote Originally Posted by bipper
    I do not mean mistakes as in bouncing a check for Taco Bell; I am talking mistakes that are unfixable and cost you more than any material value could posess. These things CAN be remedied by the future.

those are the mistakes I was talking about too. I have made those mistakes, and usually things turned out for the better because of it.

I'm so happy sometimes I could burst xD And why not? Even if I didn't have anything (and I have the most awesome, loving people for friends and family in the whole wide world!) I'd still be happy -- because there's so much to do. Can't afford to be unhappy, y'know? No time.

But at the end of the day it's people who love me and who I love who make me happy and who make me dance about ^_^
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

I'm not happy because this last 3 months have been just **** for me u.u.

Indeed. I used to be a bit of a depressive, but lately, in the past year, I've learnt a lot about life and decided to enjoy it, even if it sometimes against me. It's against everyone else too.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffing cheese on msn
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.
    Lameshout: Lamers That Matter

Flower Maiden Pure Aerisbeauty7's Avatar

I'm going to McCallum for high school, I get to meet some of my friends, I'm going to Schilterbann for summer vacation, we are going to shop for clothes before school, I'm single, and my family and I had a lot of fun on myn sister's birthday. Yes, I'm happy.

Thank You Polaris for this neat sig!

Now is one of the 99% percent's of the time I am completely and utterly happy. Other than when I get really depressed, which is for no reason, I just see no reason to ever be anything but happy. None of my problems matter, in the long run.

good to see most people seem happy.

Me, I say f!@# the world.
    check out the most original music you'll ever hear in your life, my music:

http://www.myspace.com/hardboiledink

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I have no soul O_o
    /\
    []
    []
    []
    []