Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh My! [spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    its probably a new sort of materia. after all there isnt a bahamut sin materia in the game. im sure that if you think about it the materias shown in the game arent all of the different types in the world.
    Bahamut Sin is obviously new, since it wasn't in the game. Summon materia is always red. So the materia Kadaj inserted into his arm in the Forgotten City could not have been Bahamut Sin, but some other type of Support materia.

The Demon of Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts
    Quote Originally Posted by Halenite
    Just because he is seen absorbing a blue materia doesn't mean that is the only one he used. I'm sure he had a red one in his arm too, we just didn't see him put it in. What is so outrageous about that? We don't need to see everything that goes on behind the scenes.
    Sadly, this is not correct. You see what color of Materia is active at a specific time, as shown with Yazoo and Loz near the end. We see that Kadaj has a blue/green (I thought it was green, some say blue, so whatever) glow on his arm, implying that materia color is being used. Therefore, he is using that color materia to summon Bahamut Sin
    The glow on Kadaj's arm was different from Yazoo and Loz's at the end. The materia that Yazoo and Loz had in there arms was actually glowing in their arms, you could the individual materia that they had. But with Kadaj, his arm was letting off some sort of blue-green flame. The same flame can be seen when he is talking to the children at the Forgotten City. And I doubt he is using materia then.

I think that Kadaj's blue-green flames look an awful lot like the Spirit Energy that emits from Cloud when he is using a Limit.

Actually, you do see the blueish flame around yazoo and loz's arm at the end.

The "flame" around him in the forgotten city, I admit, it doesn't look like he's using materia here. Not sure about that.

Also, I'm not gonna let it go mainly because I like debating these kinds of things, lol
    They do have the flames. I never noticed that before.

Perhaps Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo have to use their own Spirit Energy to use materia? They aren't normal humans, so maybe they don't have MP? Kadaj's flames in the Forgotten City would make more sense then. He wasn't using materia but instead his own Spirit Energy.

Hmm?
    That would make sense, we don't know everything about the SHM so...
    to be honest, this theory is one of the better ones I've heard.

Bahamut Sin is obviously new, since it wasn't in the game. Summon materia is always red. So the materia Kadaj inserted into his arm in the Forgotten City could not have been Bahamut Sin, but some other type of Support materia.
    Just because it wasn't in the game doesn't necessarily mean it's new. I mean, there's no possible way the team could've gotten every single materia in the world is there? We do know, however, that it is unlikely that the box Loz took from the church (the one with the materia) contained the Bahamut Sin. Unfortunately, we do not know where Kadaj got it from. We also know (more than likely, this is true anyway), from the debate between me and Xurtz, that Bahamut Sin WAS, however summoned using a blue or green materia (I again, I say either/or because I think it's green, others think it's blue) meaning it isn't necessarily a summon Materia.

I do have another theory, however. We do know the SHM are remnants of Sephiroth. We truly don't know what these three are truly capable of. It's possible that Kadaj may have CREATED the Bahamut Sin.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Halenite View Post
    Just because it wasn't in the game doesn't necessarily mean it's new. I mean, there's no possible way the team could've gotten every single materia in the world is there? We do know, however, that it is unlikely that the box Loz took from the church (the one with the materia) contained the Bahamut Sin. Unfortunately, we do not know where Kadaj got it from. We also know (more than likely, this is true anyway), from the debate between me and Xurtz, that Bahamut Sin WAS, however summoned using a blue or green materia (I again, I say either/or because I think it's green, others think it's blue) meaning it isn't necessarily a summon Materia.
    If Cloud didn't find it, then I doubt Kadaj did. The movie happens 2 years after the game, so it is perfectly likely that Cloud/Avalanche found it and put it in the box. If it wasn't in the box, then I don't know how else Kadaj would've gotten a hold of it. I doubt that he went searching for Materia after he escaped the Northern Crater.

I do have another theory, however. We do know the SHM are remnants of Sephiroth. We truly don't know what these three are truly capable of. It's possible that Kadaj may have CREATED the Bahamut Sin.

Any thoughts?
    Yeah, I suppose that's possible. If he didn't take it from Cloud's stock, then this would explain how he got it, and also why it is green instead of red.

Or perhaps, the blue color just looked better than the red in the movie. This movie is very heavy on blue and the red may just have clashed horribly with the rest of the background. That's what I think.
    And everyone keep in mind that a lot of the materia found in the game was not the right color for that particular materia when it was on the ground. (such as the Double-Cut looked purple on the ground but should be yellow). Take this as you wil.

The Demon of Elements

When was Double-Cut ever confirmed even being used?

No; Halenite, I just meant that in the game the color of a materia, when found on the ground, often did not correspond to the real type of materia. For example, Double-Cut, when on the floor, was purple, an independant materia. However, it is really a yellow, and therefore a Command, materia. The colors just got mixed up, that's all. I never meant that Double-Cut was used in the movie. Just that colors of materia often get jumbled up.

Anyways, my point was that, 1)maybe it was blue because it looked better than red. and 2)materia colors in the game got mixed up often. Why not have the same thing happen in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Mage
    1)maybe it was blue because it looked better than red.
    Making it blue instead of read just because it would look "better" doesn't make much sense. Square had to have known that all summon materia was red, and making it blue for the fact that it might look nicer would cause more problems than just leaving it the way it should be. A fan of the game would be a lot more likely to ask "why is that materia blue and not red, the color it should be?" rather than "I don't like that color, even though that's what all summon materia are. I think it would look nicer if it was blue."

and 2)materia colors in the game got mixed up often. Why not have the same thing happen in the movie?
    FF7 came out in 1997, so minor graphical flaws like that are understandable, especially since it was the first 3D FF. AC, however, was using state-of-the-art CGI technology. I doubt it would have a flaw like that considering how fantastic the rest of the movie looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Halenite View Post

Any thoughts?
    Actually, im pretty sure Kadaj gets the Bahamut Sin materia from the box which Loz finds in the church. Reason? Kadaj picks up a materia (that is blueish green in colour) out of that box and puts it in his arm while at the forgotten city, and he says "this is what brother was hiding from us... with this materia, we'll obtain a new strength". His arm then glows a blueish green (more green) in exactly the same way as before he summons bahamut sin.

as for the glowing flames around the SHM, i agree with Xurts that it has probably got something to do with the fact that they are not ordinary humans or something...

But summon materia is red. Unless of course they decide to argue the toss that Sin materia is blue. ¬_¬

Until this day, i'll sit on my high horse.

Originally Posted by Dragon Mage:
    1)maybe it was blue because it looked better than red.

Making it blue instead of read just because it would look "better" doesn't make much sense. Square had to have known that all summon materia was red, and making it blue for the fact that it might look nicer would cause more problems than just leaving it the way it should be. A fan of the game would be a lot more likely to ask "why is that materia blue and not red, the color it should be?" rather than "I don't like that color, even though that's what all summon materia are. I think it would look nicer if it was blue."
    I meant 'better' in the sense that red didn't look as cool as the blue. The blue looked cooler and so they used the blue. I didn't mean it as a personal preference. Just that blue looked more erie/cool/magicy, whatever, blue just looked better in the way that it was being used than red. And if it looked nicer and achieved the desired affect more efficently than red, than it was used instead.

Originally Posted by Dragon Mage:
    and 2)materia colors in the game got mixed up often. Why not have the same thing happen in the movie?

FF7 came out in 1997, so minor graphical flaws like that are understandable, especially since it was the first 3D FF. AC, however, was using state-of-the-art CGI technology. I doubt it would have a flaw like that considering how fantastic the rest of the movie looks.
    I mentioned this as an idle afterthought. I knew that there was probably no weight to mentioning this but I threw it out there just to see what others might say. You could say that I was thinking aloud. Please don't take it seriously.

I will again mention that blue was probably used because it achieves the desired affect better than red, and was used instead of red to make the movie look as fantastic as it does now, as you yourself said.

I meant 'better' in the sense that red didn't look as cool as the blue. The blue looked cooler and so they used the blue. I didn't mean it as a personal preference. Just that blue looked more erie/cool/magicy, whatever, blue just looked better in the way that it was being used than red. And if it looked nicer and achieved the desired affect more efficently than red, than it was used instead.
    Well, if you're right and that's why Square used a different color, then that was a pretty foolish move on their part. They had to have known that fans of the game would notice the wrong color. Creating inconsistencies just to have a more "magical" color? I hope not, Square. There has to be a better explanation.

I mentioned this as an idle afterthought. I knew that there was probably no weight to mentioning this but I threw it out there just to see what others might say. You could say that I was thinking aloud. Please don't take it seriously.

I will again mention that blue was probably used because it achieves the desired affect better than red, and was used instead of red to make the movie look as fantastic as it does now, as you yourself said.
    Sorry, I tend to take things too seriously often.

Well, if you're right and that's why Square used a different color, then that was a pretty foolish move on their part. They had to have known that fans of the game would notice the wrong color.
    I agree. When I first watched the movie I thought, "Wait, he can't do that, the materia isn't red! I couldn't possibly be summon materia!" Not to mention that later Kadaj cast lightning with the same materia and was throwing around energy orbs of destruction at the church: with that one materia. (Master materia?) I was a little ticked that they didn't stick to the rules they made in the game when making the movie.

Except they didn't even stick to those rules in the game. How many blue 'yellow' materia, yellow 'purple', yellow 'blue', etc. materia did you find over the course of the game, which were one color on the worldmap, and another in a menu?

I agreed with Dragon Mage. Red color materia probably won't fit the overall color scheme of the scene.

Another reason might be bahamut shin is splitting blue flame, hence the blue materia.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Maybe Square just likes the color blue whats wrong with that?