Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FFXI Sequel in the works

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

to true.

I really don't think they they would just disregard FFXI, considering all of the effort that they have put into it and with all the new styuff that they ae introducing like Chocbo Breeding and ToA.

Personally I hope they make it so that it is a sequel but you can carry your characters over and basically they improve the graphics majorly as they dont have to worry about the PS2 and introduce loads of new stuff, maybe even set the game in a whole new world.
    [center]

Name: Deo
    [center]Server: Kujata
    [center]Job Levels: Dark Knight 75 Corsair 46 Warrior 35 Thief 37 Ninja 37 White Mage 36

Creator of Life's Thread Krystic's Avatar

transfering ur caracters to a whole new world, perhaps a futuristic vanadiel would definately be a MMORPG first.
    I am the Oracle of Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Deo
    Personally I hope they make it so that it is a sequel but you can carry your characters over and basically they improve the graphics majorly as they dont have to worry about the PS2 and introduce loads of new stuff, maybe even set the game in a whole new world.
    They don't need to make a sequel to do this. They could do this in an expansion to retain the same base game.

FFXIV Character

yeah... taking over level 75 characters would really crud up the game, half simplifying it for some, and kmkaking it an imp to complete thus taking 6 years or so.

besides... the level cap might not be 75, it might be 100 ^-^

Creator of Life's Thread Krystic's Avatar

well its already been said hasnt it? This isnt going to be a FFXI sequal. But a whole new MMO. It might have an FF theme but it wont be using the same lore from FFXI.
    I am the Oracle of Fate.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

ffxi's already had 3 sequels. Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, and Treasures of Aht Urhgan. No mmorpg should have a true sequel as in eq2 or ffxi2. The only problem is obviously the hardware limits of the consoles, but really all they'd have to do is phase the ps2's onto ps3 or pc or 360 by giving them incintives like giving ps2 players free copies of 360 ps3 or pc versions of the game(which will never happen, but it would solve a lot of their problems)
    No longer bound by hardware limitations, the graphic overhauls that pc players have long anticipated/whined about could happen and I'm sure SE could even come up w/ an in-game sequel.(everything running on the same engine, but on a moon, or another planet adjacent to vanadiel, w/out access to vanadiel,) and could even tie in the two later on.
    I'll never get a 360, and my computer is for work/school, but even if SE doesn't offer any incintive to moving to a different console, if they phased out ps2, i'd rebuy the game on ps3. hell i'd buy a ps3 just to be able to keep playing ffxi.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by chionos
    hell i'd buy a ps3 just to be able to keep playing ffxi.
    As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with that statement 100%. Makes me feel kind of weak minded.

FFXIV Character

I read (donno if the source is 100% true)

that it is not a sequal to FFXI.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa

It's not

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=89264

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa

It's not

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=89264

well good :]

I think its already large enough to be a series in itself.

edit: well it IS...

A friend of a friend tells me the new MMO isn't going to be FF. I hear its going to be based on the Mana series. Just a rumor...so please no one kill me.
    This my sig, foo!
    The hour of our departure has arrived, and we go our ways - I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows.
    -Socrates

yeha its going by called "XI-2"
    but i heard that it was offically un-announced

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by square_is_the_best
    A friend of a friend tells me the new MMO isn't going to be FF. I hear its going to be based on the Mana series. Just a rumor...so please no one kill me.

oooh an MMO style like that, lovely :]

I wonder if they will revamp the battle system... I kinda... hope they do, though I loved secret of mana to bits, the battle system kinda well... sucked.

I would absolutely love an MMORPG based on the Mana series. <3

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."