Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sigs by -TIDUS-

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -TIDUS-
    Oh, and one more thing, I think the term "render" has been adapted to mean an image cut out from the background because that is what everyone seems to be calling them around the world wide web.
    Yup for the most part, also I beleive that is what definition 6-2 was... though maybe I was interpreting it too liberally.

The word has many uses, none of the definitions I have seen in this thread are wrong. Just different.

And I can't wait to see your next ones

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Quote Originally Posted by clone103
    whats enemation/animation?i know what the word is but how can u use it and not use it?im sure its straight forward but im just easily confused,haha

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Macwere
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura
    Quote Originally Posted by -TIDUS-
    Sorry for the double post, but here's a few more of them.
    I like the brushed feeling aon the background. Not to mention you did a good job of getting the render to go with the background.
    Which render? That's a drawing :p.
    do you know what a render is?. it is a picture cut out of its background and it is made speacially to be used in sigs. that's the render. and cutting the picture to make it a render is not easy at all.:)
    Cutting out an image isn't a render. Sure, it might not be the easiest thing to do, but it's still not a render.

2. To represent in a drawing or painting, especially in perspective.
    7. Computer Science. To convert (graphics) from a file into visual form, as on a video display.
    These would be the two definitions I deem appliciable for this case, and #7 is by far the most common usage of the word when dealing with computer graphics. Which we most likely are now, as he used a computer program to make that signature.
    I'm not commenting on the quality of his work, just what I think is inappropriate usage of the verb or noun "render".

The signature in its entiriry could be called a render though, if you feel like stretching it :p.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage

2. To represent in a drawing or painting, especially in perspective.
    7. Computer Science. To convert (graphics) from a file into visual form, as on a video display.
    These would be the two definitions I deem appliciable for this case, and #7 is by far the most common usage of the word when dealing with computer graphics. Which we most likely are now, as he used a computer program to make that signature.
    I'm not commenting on the quality of his work, just what I think is inappropriate usage of the verb or noun "render".

The signature in its entiriry could be called a render though, if you feel like stretching it .
    Likely you are right on those are the two most appropriate. However, The 7 one is less appropriate. The reason being it is refering to computer science, which is not the same thing as art. The definition 6-2, the first one you list, is the one dealing with art. It does not specify what kind of art, so both computer and hand art apply.

We aren't talking about the cutting out itself. We are talking about the image itself that is used. You see any thing someone draws can be a render, doesn't matter if it is made on the computer or not.

I didn't help things because now that I read back I think I misunderstood what -Tidus- said...

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Sorry for the long wait, but I had a very busy few days. Anyways I've been working on a new style of sig for me, and I'm trying to improve on it. Heres the first one.

It is great, nice use of brushs buddy, keep up...
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p