Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOW DO YOU BEAT YUNALESCA!!!!

Default HOW DO YOU BEAT YUNALESCA!!!!

How the heck do you beat this women!!!!!

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

with ALOT of hard work! hehe, Party details are needed!
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm sure Tavrobel or Endless Twilight will have something to say...I can't think of anything other than leaving one person as a zombie for her Mega Death attack right now.

Yeah, that cutscene gets annoying after the third time.

Ohhh of course it does! Uhhhhh! Im so frusturated!
    Too big.

Make sure you are far enough on the Sphere grid that Yuna knows Holy, Tidus knows quick hit, Auron can do about 5500, and that all your aeons are in overdrive. Unload your strongest overdrives on her 3rd form.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    I'm sure Tavrobel or Endless Twilight will have something to say...I can't think of anything other than leaving one person as a zombie for her Mega Death attack right now.

Yeah, that cutscene gets annoying after the third time.
    Liar.

Anyways, yes, the cutscene is annoying. Her Mega Death is annoying. Hearing the same goddamned thing is annoying. Having to say the same thing twice cuts me deep. Deeper than you could imagine. I bleed unholy blood of death because of you, Zeromus_X.

The first thing to do, is to establish a plan. Depending on where you are, you may or may not have an easy time beating Yunalesca. For the most part, I will assume Auron can only do 1750 on average. If you have Holy already, then you need mental help. Seriously. Excessive level is for excessive idiots.

The first stage of the Yunalesca fight is straightforward. Any action you take against Yunalesca will be countered with an attack that causes an ailment that will hinder such an ability. If you attack physically, you will be Darkness-ed, a spell will incur Silence, and any other action will be countered with Sleep. The best way to finish Yunalesca is using Tidus, Auron, and Wakka (or Kimahri is his strength is high enough). Use Aim when she Darkness-es you, and you should be able to fight her effectively. Bring in Yuna to heal as needed (Yunalesca will not Silence her if all she does is Cure). Haste/Hastega as needed. Don't bother with inflicting an ailment on Yunalesca, she is immune to them. Save your Aeons for later in the fight.

Get the characters who you plan on not using to get at least one action in.
    I got through the fight with Tidus, Auron, Wakka, and Yuna.

The second portion, Yunalesca stops using Darkness, Silence, and Sleep, so heal the conditions. Instead, she will counter every action against her with Hellbiter, an attack that hits all of your characters, and causes the Zombie status. For the most part, this is currently detrimental to your party survivng, so use Holy Waters (not Remedy), and Heal. However, once her HP gets low enough, do not heal the Zombie status. She also occasionally casts Regen and Cura on your characters, so you can remove the status and benefit. For now.

In the third portion, she uses Mega Death which will kill any un-Zombied members instantly. If you are Zombied, you will survive the attack. Unfortunately, you will suffer from the attacks that were once helping you.

From here, you can go multiple ways to fight the Third form. You can get Yuna to unleash all of her Aeons' Overdrives (Yuna is unlikely to die). If you DON'T use Aeons, then prepare for lots of reviving and Curing. To counter Regen or Curaga, you can set up Reflect spells, Shell spells, or wait for Yunalesca to cast Regen, and Dispel it.

If your characters die during the fight, revive them and Cure, and hope Yunalesca uses her turn to cast Hellbiter. This should keep your HP high enough to survive a few more rounds, as her only major form of attack is Mega Death, Hellbiter, and a bolt of what seems to be something like ice (but is non-elemental), that dispels all positive ailments on your characters.

If you have Holy, use it. If you know anything that can causes Holy damage with Mix, use it.

thx
    Too big.

thx for taking all of that time to right that too!
    Too big.

The first thing to do, is to establish a plan. Depending on where you are, you may or may not have an easy time beating Yunalesca. For the most part, I will assume Auron can only do 1750 on average. If you have Holy already, then you need mental help. Seriously. Excessive level is for excessive idiots.
    No, it's not. Excessive leveling is to get a lot more out of the game and make those really tough boss fights (Seymour Flux) easy.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You have to admit that having Holy by that point in the story is a bit excessive. I didn't even have Holy until after I went (SPOILER)inside Sin.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

No, it is excessive. Easy boss fights makes the cutscene that you get after it much less of a reward. And I didn't have Holy when I beat the game. Didn't even get it until after I had caught most of the required Monsters. The most that I've ever had Auron do by the time I fought Jecht was 3.5k.

Blog Entries

What I did, I think... was have armors that had a chance of preventing instant death. I casted Auto-Life on Auron, and anyone else if I had time. I really can't remember what I did, but I know I had Deathward on my armor and I was backed up with Auto-Life, and then I think I just dished out as much damage as humanly possible on her.

I can understand having Holy at that point, but Auto-Life? That's excessive.

This playthrough, I have probably overleveled severely. I just beat Flux, and Auron is currently doing anywhere from 5800-6200 with every attack. Which is probably excessive, but it will balance. Also, at this point Yuna will probably have Holy by Yunalesca.

On the topic of Yunalesca, element eater armor is your friend. It allows you to heal yourself without removing Zombie.

First you have to revive Aeris.

Thank you Hysterian!

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.