Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOW DO YOU BEAT YUNALESCA!!!!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

You beat her by inflicting enough damage to reduce her HP to 0. ;D?
    Just be sure to have one of your characters zombified at all times, or have some deathproof armour. If all else fails, level up :p.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Beat her before she beats you

Can sins ever be forgiven?

Level up*

Yeah

*Or FFX equivalent

First of all, have your characters and weopons/ armors READY!!!
    1. get zombie proof or auto-med to all your characters!
    2. get your overdrive gauge and aeons' overdrive gauge FULL.
    3. DO NOT release your overdrive thing in the first Yunalesca form!! Just do heal and ordinary attack to her (prepare on Darkproof, as you attack her with ordinary attack, she will blinding the characters, and prepare Silenceproof on Yuna and Lulu!).
    4. Start to increase your attack by using some of your overdrive character or aeon's overdrive in the second of Yunalesca form.
    5. Summon aeons in the third form of Yunalesca, because aeon is immune to death! or have everybody or somebody Deathproof or Deathward.

By the way, Do not judge Yojimbo useless, because it is by him I defeat Yunalesca with three times Wakizashi ( Pay him 10000 of each time turn). IT IS USEFUL, THOUGH You know what? It is because of Yunaleska's Mind Blast (she curse the aeon so that you cannot use your overdrive. if you have dispel on your aeon it is alright, but if I remember, she use osmose too right?) So if you call Yojimbo, you can attack her 9999 WITHOUT OVERDRIVE thingy, and since Yunalesca's attack is weak, you can attack 9999for several turn more. and then Yojmbo dead, so, I call another Aeon to finish Yunalesca, and win. Or another way, may be you can Zanmato her which mean more gil and calculating to pay...
    Last edited by zeilov_khaschante; 07-23-2006 at 10:37 AM.

umm.. i beat her on my first try, didn't have Holy at that time. No member was KO'ed (i must be lucky )

basically, i kept lulu, yuna, auron, and tidus for the main party. Yunalesca's first form, i used Lulu since she has silenceproof on. Then, 3rd and 4th from, i had yuna, tidus and Auron. I used 3 Aeons to do the bidding for me But when yunalesca hits with Hellbiter, i have yuna give holywater to tidus because he's faster and have tidus give holy water to auron so auron can attack and won't get hurt in anyway (he has the most HP, i want him to live ), It just went on like that and then when she has few HP left before being destroyed and do the mega death, i made sure i stall until it's her turn so she can use Hellbiter to turn all the characters into zombie and then auron unleashes the last strike and 3rd form comes.

I used Aeons to fight the 3rd form since the aeons needed some training and it's a safe way to prevent the party from dying. After aeons all die, i used auron and tidus to attack while yuna heals and cures zombie.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I hate when people overlevel then go, "I HATE this game, it's too easy!" I prefer to play the way the designers intended.

If you have lots of gil, spare change is useful if you get desperate.
    It helps to have holy waters and half your party immune to zombie. Be sure you have zombied characters before defeating her second form, and always keep some around.
    You may want to be immune to confuse and such, it really sucks to be KO'd by your allies.
    Yeah. If you have entrust use it for Rikku if you have some decent mixing items.