Default How do I beat Yunelesca?

How the hell do i beat this women?
    Too big.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Questions about specific games go in the respective forums.

And make sure at least one party member is zombied at all times.

stragy i good, but you need to be pretty strong. i just trained a bit then tried,that is pretty all you need for final fantasy games

You beat her by reducing her health to zero or less

Oh god, use the search button.

We just had this thread like 3 days ago, seriously.
    seriously.
    Sigless

i used zimoshoto (forgot how to spell it, havn't played in a while) anyways pay him some money and bang.
    finished: ff3ds, ff4,ff5, ff7,ff8,ff9,ff10,ff tactics and advance

i used zimoshoto (forgot how to spell it, havn't played in a while)
    Do you mean Zanmato?

C'mon C'mon

from what i heard i thought she was gonna be solid but she was quite easy. maybe your characters need more training just sayin

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

She's actually quite irritating if you don't know what to do. Especially having to watch that same cutscene over and over and over...

Read Tavrobel's post in the similar thread, that'll give you a surefire strategy.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The first thing to do, is to establish a plan. Depending on where you are, you may or may not have an easy time beating Yunalesca. For the most part, I will assume Auron can only do 1750 on average. If you have Holy already, then you need mental help. Seriously. Excessive level is for excessive idiots.

The first stage of the Yunalesca fight is straightforward. Any action you take against Yunalesca will be countered with an attack that causes an ailment that will hinder such an ability. If you attack physically, you will be Darkness-ed, a spell will incur Silence, and any other action will be countered with Sleep. The best way to finish Yunalesca is using Tidus, Auron, and Wakka (or Kimahri is his strength is high enough). Use Aim when she Darkness-es you, and you should be able to fight her effectively. Bring in Yuna to heal as needed (Yunalesca will not Silence her if all she does is Cure). Haste/Hastega as needed. Don't bother with inflicting an ailment on Yunalesca, she is immune to them. Save your Aeons for later in the fight.

Get the characters who you plan on not using to get at least one action in.
    I got through the fight with Tidus, Auron, Wakka, and Yuna.

The second portion, Yunalesca stops using Darkness, Silence, and Sleep, so heal the conditions. Instead, she will counter every action against her with Hellbiter, an attack that hits all of your characters, and causes the Zombie status. For the most part, this is currently detrimental to your party survivng, so use Holy Waters (not Remedy), and Heal. However, once her HP gets low enough, do not heal the Zombie status. She also occasionally casts Regen and Cura on your characters, so you can remove the status and benefit. For now.

In the third portion, she uses Mega Death which will kill any un-Zombied members instantly. If you are Zombied, you will survive the attack. Unfortunately, you will suffer from the attacks that were once helping you.

From here, you can go multiple ways to fight the Third form. You can get Yuna to unleash all of her Aeons' Overdrives (Yuna is unlikely to die). If you DON'T use Aeons, then prepare for lots of reviving and Curing. To counter Regen or Curaga, you can set up Reflect spells, Shell spells, or wait for Yunalesca to cast Regen, and Dispel it.

If your characters die during the fight, revive them and Cure, and hope Yunalesca uses her turn to cast Hellbiter. This should keep your HP high enough to survive a few more rounds, as her only major form of attack is Mega Death, Hellbiter, and a bolt of what seems to be something like ice (but is non-elemental), that dispels all positive ailments on your characters.

I took into consideration everyone's complaints about OMG WHY CANT YOU USE ANTI ZOMBIE ARMOR OMG UR A NEWB, AND YUNALESCA IS WEAK TO HOLY WHY WON'T YOU USE IT:

My answer is, if you can afford to shell out 5000 gil for that Zombie Ward Armor for Auron that Wantz sells to you on Mt. Gagazet, then you go ahead and do it!

Don't yell at me when Auron keeps dying and you can't do damage to Yunalesca because you tried to farm the ingredients needed for a Zombieproof Armor for Yuna. You can't even FARM the stuff needed for that armor yet! How do you even have it at this point? Don't offer some useless "ohh, you'll definitely win if you do this" strategy, when you don't even know what your limits are at this point.

Excessive leveling is for excessive idiots! You shouldn't even have Holy until you finish the game. My assumption when writing this is that all he has is some +10% armor with +10% Defense/MDef or maybe Alchemy for Rikku.

Zeromus_X for the win. I'll bring it over here because no one knows how to read.
    Response directed at everyone who has no idea what they are talking about.

bah, AEONS do their stuff

The easiest way to defeat Yunalesca is when she uses Zombie on your characters, leave it. That way she can't cast death on you. Make sure there is at least one zombified perty member fighting and just life anyone who dies, simple as pie

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    The easiest way to defeat Yunalesca is when she uses Zombie on your characters, leave it. That way she can't cast death on you. Make sure there is at least one zombified perty member fighting and just life anyone who dies, simple as pie
    Not simple as pie because she uses Curative Magic and Regen on your characters. Way to read the post. I applaud your English reading, comprehension, and listening skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    Not simple as pie because she uses Curative Magic and Regen on your characters. Way to read the post. I applaud your English reading, comprehension, and listening skills.
    And I applaud yours:
    just life anyone who dies