Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tetra Master Rawks

Default Tetra Master Rawks

well I love playing Tetra Master and I think the coolest game I had was whenI nicked this posh womens cerberus at the Theatre District train station which was quite a powerful card at that moment in time, share your favourite games/cards/ and areas for playing

Made by me..my first try =)

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I found it much easier than the FFVIII card game, but maybe that's just me. I like beating up the Memoria card phantoms over and over to get better cards.

I believe this was the only card game I played, I didnt get into FF*'s one, might be because I found FF8 very boring....

Made by me..my first try =)

Tetra Master is a fun card game. I didn't play it much though, I always preferred FFVIII's Triple Triad.

I like Triple Triad unless it got bogged down with ridiculous rules and became unplayable. Plus the cards were more interesting to collect.

Tetra Master was probably the better format. I think I enjoyed it more.

When I finally understood what all of those numbers and letters stood for I enjoyed it

Rye made this!

It's definatley better than 8. To base cards on players is so stupid, so basically squall is playing with a card of himself. That unrealisticness annoyed me.

Hopefully someday ill acquire all the cards.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

FFIX's card game isn't bad, but since it doesn't help you beat the game in any way or make the game easier, I didn't play it that much. I got most of the cards from monsters that dropped them anyway. FFVIII's card game, on the other hand, does pretty much the other extreme by making you quite invincible. Bahamut's card for 100 Megalixirs, Gilgamesh's card for 10 Holy Wars etc.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

The card game in FF8 is nicer and i found it much easier...and even level 1 and 2 cards could become quite useful.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

The only thing I don't like about Tetra Master is how random it is. Also, some alteration of the Same and Plus rules from Triple Triad could give the game some more life.

I dont even like card games, but i loved this game. Took me absolutely forever to figure out how it worked though, so i learned from playing it over and over and over. But once i figured it out, i got really good at it. I could beat almost anyone, even with weaker cards, and when i did lose, i could always rematch and i only remember ONE instance where i lost a rematch. It made a nice break from the normal pace of running around and leveling too...

And tetra master is SOOOOOOO much better than, oh say...blitzball. *gags* Or even worse, that sudoku in X-2... >__<

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

I'm happy to see you enjoying it so much. For me Tetra Master was an incredibly random game. I can't see how it tops Triple Triad (FFVIII) since this game seemingly depends on luck and how much time you spend levelling up your cards rather than skill. The best place in my opinion to level is in Treno but I'm far too much of an amateur to even begin to make a critique of this card game
    ...Geddit?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked Tetra Master. It'd weird because I can't really explain how I get it, I can just play it really well. Kinda like Lyra in those books with the compass thingy (sorry bout that amazing vagueness).

My favourite card was Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Quin14 View Post
    I liked Tetra Master. It'd weird because I can't really explain how I get it, I can just play it really well. Kinda like Lyra in those books with the compass thingy (sorry bout that amazing vagueness).

My favourite card was Pikachu.
    Golden Compass.

About Tetra Master... I preferred Triple Triad... because, as mentioned, it was mroe useful in the main game.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I donno.. .I love it.

but I prefer the XI version to the IX version of Tetra.