Thread: Why doesn't Paul open the secret passage in his house?

Banned

Default Why doesn't Paul open the secret passage in his house?

Alright, I've recently got the Ultima spell, and then I headed for Phin, all according to the plot.
    I went to the Mirror and used the Pendant, and now the Hiryuu flies around with me.
    However, when I visited Paul, he just whines about how hopeless everything is:
    "Even you are in trouble this time; the Whirlwind is horrible..." or something.
    Then I try every single word in the Say list, but he just responds "?".
    I can't remember if I ever got the word "Whirlwind", but I know Hilda is supposed to teach it, but she doesn't seem to say anything.

Now I wonder if my using the Pendant before talking to Hilda and Paul was a mistake?
    Or does it have any real importance?

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

If I remember correctly, you have to use the Hiryuu to fly inside the whirlwind, run through the castle in it and give Emperor a piece of your mind.

EDIT: I don't know when Paul open's the secret place in his house... Mabe aftert the whirlwind or something? Or when Pandaemonium has risen?

if you're playing dawns of souls version then the secret passage is near paul's bed but you have to walk through a wall

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And you have to do it before getting the Hiryuu, so if you already visited the mirror, you're out of luck.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

You have to get the key word Cyclone (or whirlwind) before getting the Hiryuu, then visit Paul before finnishing the Cyclone.

Now I wonder if my using the Pendant before talking to Hilda and Paul was a mistake?
    Yep. Sucks to be you.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, you can still get the one from Fynn's basement, unless this is the GBA version. Quite frankly, even one Blood Sword is an overkill.