Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SE tells bandwagon blms: take a hike

I should change the topic title. Apparently rather than "tell" bandwagon blms, they decided to meakly whisper in the faintest possible voice. This adjustment is too weak to be worthwhile and my job appears unscathed. Groups on my server are doing endgame with all the blms they used to. Nerf? What nerf? Unless SE is targeting groups of 18 blms, this doesn't seem to amount to much. I've recieved hearsay of 8-10 blms not having any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Garland
    Accumulative Magic Resistance
    Currently, a large number of players can team up to overpower the enemy in certain battles by hitting the enemy repeatedly with only elemental magic. This tactic has had an unbalancing effect on the game, and we decided a change was needed.

However, altering the effects of powerful magic spells would have a negative effect on black mages and other magic users. Rather than altering magic effects or strengthening monsters, we determined that the adjustment to solve this issue should be as small as possible in scope and affect other gameplay mechanics as little as possible.

Therefore, for the next update we have decided to implement an accumulative magic resistance effect for all monsters whose strength reads "impossible to gauge."

We have also made several other adjustments to minimize the effect of this change on black mages and other magic users. For example, a party fighting a notorious monster with one to two black mages will probably not notice the difference.

However, we have decided to give Bahamut in the quest "The Wyrmking Descends" and Diabolos in the quest "Waking Dreams" a stronger accumulative magic resistance than other notorious monsters.

-Types of Affected Magic Damage
    When a notorious monster is repeatedly hit by the following types of magic, it will accumulatively build magic resistance:

Black magic (elemental), white magic (divine), ninjutsu, magical blood pact abilities, magical blue magic, magical weapon skills (e.g., Spirits Within and Red Lotus Blade), and certain job abilities (e.g., Chi Blast and Mijin Gakure)

-Resistance Fluctuation
    When a monster with accumulative magic resistance is hit by a magic attack, the amount of damage it receives will decrease in accordance with that monster's resistance. At the same time, its resistance will increase.

The monster's resistance will increase in accordance with the amount of damage incurred, but each monster has a maximum resistance level.

In addition, the monster's resistance will decrease with time if it is not hit by any repeated magic attacks.
    As a career blm at 75, you'd think this would bother me. When rangers and beastmasters got nerfed, Allakazham was even worse than usual for months and months. But I'm kinda glad. You see, I hated it when my job became the next bandwagon stacked at endgame job. I hated what it did for my job's rep in the eye of the community. I hated always being lumped with bandwagon hoppers even though I was there first (well not first but before them). Now the bandwagon hoppers will flock to summoner or blue mage, and there won't be 10,000 weskits running around whitegate. I'll be unique again, and I'll be glad.

It really didn't do anything to your job's rep in the eye of the community. I mena it did positively with why every loved BLM.

The community isn't gimping BLMs up SE is gimping BLMs up.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No one is being gimped!

Honestly, all reports are indicating that this change was very very minor.

I wish people would stop overreacting everytime a change is made. All this, "OH NOES, BLM NERF!!" thing is really tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    No one is being gimped!

I wish people would stop overreacting everytime a change is made. All this, "OH NOES, BLM NERF!!" thing is really tiring.
    When SE said it was going to adjust ranged attacks, rangers said it'll be nothing to worry about, and then SE reamed them (still a strong job though). Beastmaster wasn't worried about Leave in the MPK adjustment, but was wrong. Firstly though, noone in here is overreacting. Everyone's been pretty positive about the adjustment- I thought it was a good thing for one. But if someone were to be flustered and angry they'd be justified considering SE's past history of job adjustments. Many would agree SE tends to go too far. It seems this is no longer the case. In terms of the magic (IE blm) adjustment, SE erred on the side of caution and produced a minor if ineffective adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    No one is being gimped!

When SE said it was going to adjust ranged attacks, rangers said it'll be nothing to worry about, and then SE reamed them (still a strong job though). Beastmaster wasn't worried about Leave in the MPK adjustment, but was wrong. Firstly though, noone in here is overreacting. Everyone's been pretty positive about the adjustment- I thought it was a good thing for one. But if someone were to be flustered and angry they'd be justified considering SE's past history of job adjustments. Many would agree SE tends to go too far. It seems this is no longer the case. In terms of the magic (IE blm) adjustment, SE erred on the side of caution and produced a minor if ineffective adjustment.
    Yeah SE screwed Dragoons big time.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Firstly though, noone in here is overreacting.
    I would say that saying things like "SE is gimping BLMs up" would be overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzotz
    I dont understand, why is DRG gimped?

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by Lionx
    You don't remember? Two years ago?
    Come on you do remember ..do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionx
    You don't remember? Two years ago?
    Come on you do remember ..do you?
    And from what I understand they fixed it. So why complain now? >_>

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

If i remember right it was because MNKs can get 100TP from relic knuckles using Asuran Fists..and if you mean "nerf" i would have to say everyone got nerfed then. Rampage was nerfed, Slug Shot was nerfed, Raging Fists was nerfed, Dancing Edge was nerfed, Blade: Ku was nerfed, and even Gullitone then, not just Penta. Spamming WS was not limited to DRG and is not their strong point...if you actually see parses post TP fix, DRGs were top in the line with their wyverns.

If you mean the TP fix is what nerfed DRG, then every melee job that has a multi-hit WS that was of any good was nerfed too.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3