Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I really the only one who hated Atlantica?

Default Am I really the only one who hated Atlantica?

I love The Little Mermaid (the movie). It's a classic. But I HATED going through the Atlantica sequence. A lot of people said they enjoyed the "musicals" and laughed at how "funny" they were... I thought they were the stupidest trials, and not in a "this is cheesy- it's so funny" kind of way. I would seriously curse my screen and wish that I somehow could fast-forward through the whole thing and found no humor in the entire world.

Am I seriously the only one who felt that way?
    난... 왜 사람을 미워하지? us.cyworld (because nobody here would understand the Korean one anyway, right?)

My life idol in every way since August 2000. Watch her perform her new Japanese single live. =)

Yooniece: (n) A Korean-Japanese / American geeknerd in www.metroparkusa.com clothing.

Playing atlantica kind of made me ashamed of playing KH II. It was something id see in a child game

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

its not a mature game.......notice the rating

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

You misunderstand my defanition of "mature". The story line is a very mature one (not counting the well done comic relief by disney.) I'm not saying the kind of mature like violence/sex/drugs. Something can be mature with out getting a mature rating

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

yea i kno wut it meens man, its jus the game was made for kids, yes lil 10 yr olds

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really
    yea i kno wut it meens man, its jus the game was made for kids, yes lil 10 yr olds
    Yeah, i agree. i guess what im saying is, even though its focused on kids, the story is still farely complex and mature (which is why it attracted an older audience). The thing i hate about kids games is that they usually slap them together with no time and effort (like most individual disney made games). For example: The Indredibles,chicken little, etc.) Of course square knew that they could probably make an "okay" game that took less time to make and still have it appeal to the younger kids, but since Square knew that their was an older audience involved, they would have to make the game amazing for it to appeal more to an older audience. Even though the disney was meant for appealing to kids (which i really didnt mind and actually enjoyed). i thought that Atlantica crossed the border of childish to cheesey. I myself hated the songs as well because they got lodged in my head for the week and i kept humming them to myself.

Question to OP, if you liked the world in the first game, I will agree with you completely. But I liked the songs, just wish Atlantica was BIGGER, same with other worlds.

FYI: KH is not a very complex story. A 11 year old can understand what's going on, and, as a considence, that was the EXACT age I played the original. It has mature themes, but it SURE hell ain't a angst-filled game. Yea, KH rated E as for ''Everybody'', not just teens, not just little kids, for adults and old people of any age. Including grandparents and great grandparents.

It was evil. But I accept it.
    Silly jilly ultra nuggets.
    My sig was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Soul
    Question to OP, if you liked the world in the first game, I will agree with you completely. But I liked the songs, just wish Atlantica was BIGGER, same with other worlds.

FYI: KH is not a very complex story. A 11 year old can understand what's going on, and, as a considence, that was the EXACT age I played the original. It has mature themes, but it SURE hell ain't a angst-filled game. Yea, KH rated E as for ''Everybody'', not just teens, not just little kids, for adults and old people of any age. Including grandparents and great grandparents.

I guess complex is the wrong word. The story I thought could rival most movies. I really don't know how to describe it. The stories in KH I and II just gave a deep emotional impact, which i never got out of any movie.

The true Fenrir Cloud_omnislash_Strife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PontiusPilate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really
    Yeah, i agree. i guess what im saying is, even though its focused on kids, the story is still farely complex and mature (which is why it attracted an older audience). The thing i hate about kids games is that they usually slap them together with no time and effort (like most individual disney made games). For example: The Indredibles,chicken little, etc.) Of course square knew that they could probably make an "okay" game that took less time to make and still have it appeal to the younger kids, but since Square knew that their was an older audience involved, they would have to make the game amazing for it to appeal more to an older audience. Even though the disney was meant for appealing to kids (which i really didnt mind and actually enjoyed). i thought that Atlantica crossed the border of childish to cheesey. I myself hated the songs as well because they got lodged in my head for the week and i kept humming them to myself.
    i am a kid(11 yrs old) and i get the complex storyline

The truth is there.....

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Trust me, you aren't the only one.

Personally, I could have done without the story sequences in Atlantica, which I found tedious. However, I did enjoy the musicals themselves, as I found them to be extremely amusing. Childish, yes, but that was part of why they were amusing.

The guy who is never here cloud20747's Avatar

I liked it, my friend hates it!
    It was suppose to be a break from the mindless button mashing(not that the button-mashing is bad)

It's rated E but just like a Disney movie anybody can like if you let yourself...

And I liked Atlantica because I watched the Little Mermaid an absurd amount of times when I was a kid and I had no choice but to sing along. "PAART OF THAaAAaAaAT WOOOOOOOORLD!"

Plus hearing Osment sing was hilarious to me for some reason, and worth 50 dollars in itself.

nope yur defininitly (sorry for the spelling) not the only one

Personally, I could have done without the story sequences in Atlantica, which I found tedious
    But it's sticking to the actual movie plot. What's tedious about that, unless you hate the movie.... or something.