Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you build your characters?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default How do you build your characters?

*refreshes FFII forum*

Firion- I make him a Paladin, with white magic and swords
    Maria- I make her a Black Mage, with black magic and bows
    Guy- Guy hits things. With axes.
    Leon- He also hits things. With...lots of things.

Yeah, I'm not very creative. But anyway. How do you build your characters? I've always wanted to try out bare fists, I hear that's like the best at the highest levels or something.

You build them by using comands. For example: The more you attack with one weapon, the more that weapon skill rises. The high skill you have for a weapon, the more damage you'll do with it (Ex. If your bow skill is 16 (the highest you can go), and you sword skill is 3, you'l do alot more damage with a bow). When you lose a great amount of HP, your max HP will grow. Same with MP. There are minor stats that are raised by using magic/ attacking/ getting hit/ evading that affect how much HP/ MP you'll gain (Ex. stamina is how much your max. HP will increase). Does that awnser your question (If not, I'm really sorry!)?
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site

Blog Entries

He wasn't asking how it works, he's asking how you, as yourself, build your character on your game.

Oh... sorry! I usually Have Firion as an attacker (Sword), Maria as an attacker (barefists)/ Magic user, Gus as an attacker/ random spell caster, and whoever else as a suport character. However, next time I start a new game, I'm going to try to mix it up a bit.
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Frioniel does the sword thing and has a small repetoire of white magic, he specialized in bolt magic at the first of the game

Maria does canes, and the white magic, and the ice thing. It's fitting, seeing how purple her portrait sprite is

guy holds the axes, fire, and ultima. And since he's an awesome damage dealer, he has the ribbon so he won't DIE or get PETRIFIED or STATUS'd

Lionheart also does the sword thing, and he has a handful of white magic spells, but cure is the only of them that's levelled to anything useful.

firion my theif of unholy dodgy-ness who knows how to use cure and change,guy my demonic dual axe carrying death dealer who knows cure,change,and most importantly exit
    ,and last but not least maria my barefisted goddess who kills everything dumb enough to be on the other end of her fists.........who also serves as the only person with life,heal,bolt,ice,fire,aero, and also happens to be good at using cure,and change

Firion: I let him use his bare hands + equip him with the best Armour. Early in the game hes a one man army.

Maria: White Magic (Cure), and Black Magic (mostly Fire)

Guy: All the best Swords, Axes, Staffs and Armour.

Leon: Same as above.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Attacking with bare hands is your saviour in the Origins version. It is not possible in my book to defeat many of the earlier bosses with equipped weapons
    ...Geddit?

Firion- Paladin with some white magic and swords
    Maria- Black Mage with bows
    Guy- Axe Wielding Warrior.
    Leon- Dark Knight. No Magic though

As Zeromus_X said, not a creative party, but it gets the job done

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

unless your playing dawn of souls bows will murder your magic....why is beyond me they dont weigh much and are generally attributed to healers in the series so...why

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How do bows kill your magic?

PSP IZ DA DAWGZ!!!!!!! Cid Vicious's Avatar

I treat them all as Warriors. I give them all the best weapons and armour and have them all in the front row attacking. I give Maria the cure magic but nothing else, she's too weak attacking from the back and magic takes too long to level up. The only time i use it is when i get Holy to kill the Flans.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I usually twist the character jobs around a bit, differing from the "normal". Here's the jobs in my previous game (in DoS):

Frioniel - White mage with a staff
    Maria - Black mage with a dagger
    Guy - A fighter with two axes
    Lionheart - A sword and a shield, and some basic white and black magic.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Dawn of Souls:

Firion-White magic and swords
    Maria-Black magic, a bit of white and staves
    Guy-He hits things. With his fists and axes. And has a small amount of magic
    Leon-I didn't bother to level him, so he was just useless. And died.He was dead all the way through pandaemonium, I revived him in time for the emperor, and he died on the first turn. Pathetic.
    Last edited by scrumpleberry; 04-03-2007 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by druinmaster
    unless your playing dawn of souls bows will murder your magic....why is beyond me they dont weigh much and are generally attributed to healers in the series so...why

It didn't seem to hurt my Maria's magical ability

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html