View Poll Results: Who's the better Villain.

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sephiroth

10 43.48%
  • Arthas

13 56.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sephiroth or Arthas

Default Sephiroth or Arthas

Who's the better villain?

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It really doesn't take a whole lot from a villain to beat Sephiroth. And at least Arthas STOPS being whiny when he becomes a villain.

Yeah, definitely Arthas. It seems BtV has the same opinion of Sephiroth as I. Heck, I don't even know who Arthas is and I'm voting for 'em.

Rye made this!

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    It really doesn't take a whole lot from a villain to beat Sephiroth. And at least Arthas STOPS being whiny when he becomes a villain.
    *points*
    lol signature

dammit, accidently clicked sephiroth

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Arthas' transformation was much more intresting, personally. Although both of them kiled many people when they transformed, Arthas' hit home harder in that he killed his own father, and other people close to him, whereas Sephirtoth seemed to just go on a rampage and then disappear. Sephiroth was brutal, but not as seeking like Arthas was, as seen in his way of taking over his homeland, creating an undead territory. That, to me, is intense.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Arthas. Whilst he ends up just under the control of other powers (Though whether he got control of himself back more or not is unresolved since he merged with the Lich King.), his actual descent into being a bad guy is pretty intense stuff - becoming more and more upset and angry after the business in and around Andorhal, and then cleansing Stratholme. The real kicker is that you can see why he did it, and to a degree sympathise.

But yeah the REALLY awesome bad guy in warcraft is Illidan. Primarily because he is so not a bad guy at all, he's just labelled as one by the small-minded Nelfs.

Edit: Sephiroth is a pretty great villain in aesthetic terms, but his motivations aren't very impressive to me.

Arthas kills his father

Arthas becomes Lich King

I love these cinematics. I can't wait till blizz makes a movie.

I don't know who the heck Arthas is, but anyone's better than that EMO "ooooooooh I love Cloud and Mommy" Sephiroth

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

What's there to debate? Arthas for the win. His sword is better WAY than Sephiroth's.

Grom Hellscream (for the short time that he was "evil") and Illidan Stormrage still pwn the both of them.

I detest Arthas, so Sephiroth it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    I don't know who the heck Arthas is, but anyone's better than that EMO "ooooooooh I love Cloud and Mommy" Sephiroth
    Athas's story

I know a normal person wouldn't want to read all that so I'll give you a synopsis.

Prince Arthas was a paladin who went on a quest to hunt the undead. Along the way he went mad, and betrayed his kingdom. He went back killed his father and turned his people into the undead servants of the lich king.

There's alot more to it though.
    Last edited by Aradae; 07-24-2006 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradae
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    Athas's story

I know a normal person wouldn't want to read all that so I'll give you a synopsis.

Prince Arthas was a prince who went on a quest to hunt the undead. Along the way he went mad, and betrayed his kingdom. He went back killed his father and turned his people into the undead servants of the lich king.

There's alot more to it though.
    Nice! that's WAY better than some emo guy who doesn't do crapy but cry all day 'bout how his mother is the world and

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF
    But yeah the REALLY awesome bad guy in warcraft is Illidan. Primarily because he is so not a bad guy at all, he's just labelled as one by the small-minded Nelfs.
    Illidan invented a whole new level of awesome.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

They both suck. Illidan for the win.