Thread: question....

Default question....

k well i have this game for PS1 called Final Fantasy Chronicles and it says that FF4 is in there and on the back it says its origanilly FF2 cept with better graphics and other stuff is it?

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!

Final Fantasy IV Advance is the original North American FFII but with improved graphics and sound.

And what about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles?

Yes. Final Fantasy IV was FF II in America when it was first released back in 1991. I don't think the graphics are any better in the PS1 version then the SNES version though but, this game is the original Japanese version, so it's unedited and has all the items and special attacks from the characters that were not in the SNES version. It's also the hard version.

Final Fantasy Chronicles includes FFIV, which was originally realeased in America as FFII and Chrono Trigger which was also released in the states. They are both good games, but FFIV is not a remake of the original FFII.
    Sigless

Quote Originally Posted by Xaven
    Final Fantasy IV Advance is the original North American FFII but with improved graphics and sound.

And what about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles?
    no

ooo okay the one abrojtm was talking about is the one im talking about

Oh, I see. Final Fantasy Chronicles. I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about entirely something else!

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kain's_girl
    Yes. Final Fantasy IV was FF II in America when it was first released back in 1991. I don't think the graphics are any better in the PS1 version then the SNES version though but, this game is the original Japanese version, so it's unedited and has all the items and special attacks from the characters that were not in the SNES version. It's also the hard version.
    Mostly what Kain's_girl said. The translation is also a lot better in FFIV PSX than in FF"2" SNES. I think the PSX version also added the ability to dash by holding the cancel button. I don't think the PSX version has better graphics than the SNES version. They're about the same, if not worse, in fact, and the same goes to sound and music quality. What's actually worse in the PSX version are the horrible loading times.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD
    Mostly what Kain's_girl said. The translation is also a lot better in FFIV PSX than in FF"2" SNES. I think the PSX version also added the ability to dash by holding the cancel button. I don't think the PSX version has better graphics than the SNES version. They're about the same, if not worse, in fact, and the same goes to sound and music quality. What's actually worse in the PSX version are the horrible loading times.

FMV scenes are also added in the game, although you can only see them at the beginning and end of the game

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I don't think the load times in the PS version of IV are all that bad. Chrono Trigger however, is downright unplayable.

omfg Chrono Trigger is such a bad game i cant even explain how bad it is lol

Blog Entries

Chrono Trigger is good.

ive played ff crystal chronicles and it says nothing about ff4