View Poll Results: Which type of game do you prefer PC or Console?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • PC Video Game

16 31.37%
  • Console Video Game

35 68.63%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PC Games V.S. Console Games

Default PC Games V.S. Console Games

Which type of video game do you prefer a pc video game or a console video game? I prefer console video games because I don't know about you guys but I recently bought a pc game and it's smurfing slow! It might have something to do with my computer...I don't know. Besides can you play classic Mario Bros. and Sonic The Hedgehog video games on your computer? NO! Even if you could play those games on your computer I'd bet the pc versions would probaby suck if you compared those to the console versions.

Besides can you play classic Mario Bros. and Sonic The Hedgehog video games on your computer? NO! Even if you could play those games on your computer I'd bet the pc versions would probaby suck if you compared those to the console versions.
    Actually yes, the emulations are spot-on remakes of the originals. And it depends on the game, both platforms have games the other one doesn't. Overall I like most PC games better.

I play and enjoy both so I didn't vote

Console...the originals and i don't play any console game on pc. besides, everything else is easier when i have the controllers in my hand.

PC...it only came as far as Final Fantasy XI and then turned a dead end. Final Fantasy XI was a great game, but i never enjoyed anything else after that.

Emulation...VBA Advance = make a mistake and press F1 to start on the last save, xD. that is the only "cheat" thing i do.

PC wins hands down. It has more customization, usualy better saving options and a lot of PC games are moddable, there is multiplayer, etc... Only thing better about consoles is that games are quaranteed to run on em, while the PC needs to be constantly upgraded to run never games without problems.

I never play PC games. I'm yet to find one I like that I can't find on a consoles. Plus, I don't want to buy a new video card every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness
    I never play PC games. I'm yet to find one I like that I can't find on a consoles. Plus, I don't want to buy a new video card every few months.
    I spent 200 bucks on my card 5 years ago. I just replaced it with a 100 dollar card. My old card still handled ovlivion no problem If nothing else, I dont want to be stuck with the same [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]ty hardware for five years!

PC all teh way.

Bipper

FFXIV Character

New Wave (Excalibur)

Consoles are nice becuase you know all software for it will work and at optimized quality but as time goes by the Console show there age unlike PC's that are always upgraded with the newest graphics

overall I prefer PC gaming
    because of all the more options and customization you can do

Consoles are geting more around to doing this but will never go the whole way why, because then it would be a PC
    what?!, huh?!, DUDE!

"OK -- so he looks "cool" when he turns into a Ninja.So what? He's still a pussy."-FF1_Geek

Blog Entries

Default Twice. Naked.

I prefer console video games, but I always find myself playing them on my computer. :rolleyes2

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They shouldn't be placed in competition, because they're two sides of the same coin. Both methods of playing have merits and downfalls. With consoles the only compatability worries are with region coding, whereas it can be a nightmare to get things working on the PC. You don't have to keep a console's hardware updated either, you just get a new console every few years.

But console games have far less versatility and customization. You simply don't get mods for consoles, and as a long-time player of Morrowind on both PC and X-Box I can tell you that can be a pretty big difference. Both have their strengths in terms of games as well, of course - western RPGs tend to be on the PC, whilst eastern RPGs on consoles, and both have their own peculiarities and reasons for being fun.

Quote Originally Posted by I Took The Red Pill
    Actually yes, the emulations are spot-on remakes of the originals.
    Not quite - the emulations are the originals, not remakes. It's the exact same code which ran on your SNES which now runs on GENS. The only changes are to actually allow it to run, but that stuff comes through GENS rather than the game code itself IIRC.

Edit for clarity: I mean ZSNES, not GENS.
    Last edited by Madame Adequate; 07-24-2006 at 11:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF
    Quote Originally Posted by I Took The Red Pill
    Actually yes, the emulations are spot-on remakes of the originals.
    Not quite - the emulations are the originals, not remakes. It's the exact same code which ran on your SNES which now runs on GENS. The only changes are to actually allow it to run, but that stuff comes through GENS rather than the game code itself IIRC.
    Isn't GENS a Genesis emulator?

Console gaming is superior, there lots of games that are near impossible to play on a PC. In fact, I'd only say FPS's are worth playing on a PC.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John_912
    Besides can you play classic Mario Bros. and Sonic The Hedgehog video games on your computer? NO!
    yea u can

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really do enjoy both. PCs have superior multiplayer options because of dedicated servers and superior FPS controls. No matter what anyone says, mouse and keyboard will own over a controller in a FPS/RTS and to a certain extend an MMO. Many PC games are customizable. If I had a top-of-the-line rig, I would have bought Oblivion for it instead of for the 360. There are mnay mods I would like to play. That's one thing I enjoy about Source on the PC. While HL2 is out for Xbox, the PC version is 100x better because you have a wealth of mods to choose from.

Speaking of HL2 on Xbox though, I have to say that console developers are (Valve being both a PC and console developer) less lazy than PC developers. At the time of it's release, I had a very good gaming rig and I had many problems running HL2. Looping sound, BSOD, etc. Valve was able to port HL2 to the four year old Xbox console without much loss in quality. This goes to show you that developers tend to push console hardware more than PC hardware because they know with PC hardware people will be forced to upgrade.

Probably, though, the biggest advantage of console gaming over PC gaming is that it's comfortable. It's enjoyable to sit on the couch and do a six hour gaming marathon, while it's not so enjoyable to do that hunched in front of a PC.

Each has its advantages and I believe that each can exist quite well together.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    Console gaming is superior, there lots of games that are near impossible to play on a PC. In fact, I'd only say FPS's are worth playing on a PC.
    RTS and MMORPG too :D.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?