Thread: Need help AGAIN

Dancing Chocobo Need help AGAIN

Hi.. I just got the hook for my airship and picked up my hover thingy.. I'm suposed to go to the cave of Eblan under the tower of Bab-il. Guess what..... I can't find it.... That tower was the one in the underworld (I think) But Cid plugged up the mountain hole. How do I get to the Cave of Eblan.. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    Amanda

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Find the Tower of Bab-il on the Overworld (not the underground). Amongst its mountains, you should see a ruined castle, and some land to land on. The Cave is somewhere in the mountainside.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

The Castle of Eblan doesn't really have much to find, maybe a few treasure chests if I remember correctly. As Tavrobel said, land on the area near the Tower of Babel in the Overworld, and make sure you have the Hovercraft. Then use the Hovercraft to cross the water area south of the Tower of Babel to make it to the Cave of Eblan.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryûkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryûkishi

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Castle of Eblan doesn't really have much to find
    Quote Originally Posted by the hell it doesn't!
    ----------------------
    3.0.4 Eblan Castle
    ----------------------

This next place is very mysterious. To reach Eblan easily, go east from Mt. Ordeals around the world map to see a continent with a very large tower. There’s a castle here, and it happens to be our last stop. However, be warned. It would be a very good idea to save before entering. In fact, some of the monsters here may be too tough for you. You can always do this sidequest at a later point in the game.

As you enter, you discover that the entire castle is abandoned. There aren’t any random encounters in this castle, but you could be surprised by monsters in chests...

Head up from the entrance and you’ll be at a three way fork. Go up through the main door. You’ll discover that most of the chests in this area have already been opened, save one in an enclosure. Go right at the left part of this enclosure (near the stairs to the next floor) to reach a chest containing a HiPotion (Hi-Potion). Head on up to the next floor.

On this floor you’ll notice even more treasure, behind walls. But you can’t get to them yet, so just head up to the next level.

Now you’ll be in the throne room. See the walls on the upper left and right corners of the room? Both are false walls. They lead to stairs down to behind the walls that enclosed treasure chests on the floor below. The left corner leads down to Unihorn (Unicorn Horn, upper chest), and an Alarm (lower chest). The right corner leads down to a Soft (upper chest), MaidKiss (Maiden’s Kiss, lower right chest), and a Cabin (lower left chest.) To reach the lower left chest, you have to keep going down, ‘behind’ the lower wall, and head left to get it. (It makes more sense after you try it.) Now head back to that three-way path near the entrance. It would be a good idea to go outside and save again. When you re-enter, go left at the fork this time, follow the path below the left gate, and enter the west tower.

When you enter the west tower, you’ll be outside of the doorway. However, go back into the doorway, two steps. Then go right, through another false wall. Then go up, and left to reach a chest that is a monster-in-a-box.

You probably haven’t opened up any ‘monster-in-a-box’ treasure chests up until now. When you open up a monster-in-a-box, you’ll be engaged in a battle with (usually pretty tough) enemies, but if you win, you’ll usually win a rare piece of equipment or item, so it’s well worth it. In this chest, you’ll have to fight a Staleman and four Skulls. These monsters may be a bit tough for you at this point in the game. Have Tellah immediately cast Fire 3 on all enemies. Have another person use the Boreas you found in Agart for great damage. Cecil should have the Legend Sword equipped to deal with the undead. Just gang up on the Staleman once the Skulls are finished. You may have to try more than once. You get a Sleep (Sleep Blade) for winning. Aptly named, it has a chance of putting the enemy struck by it to sleep (it actually has more power than the Legend Sword, so it’d be a good idea to equip it on Cecil). Once you win, you’ll probably be beat up so go fly to an Inn and return, and save again.

When you’re ready to return, go back to the room with the monster-in-a-box in the west tower. This time, go up the stairs to the next room. (You’ll be able to get that other enclosed chest in a minute.) On the second floor, you’ll be surrounded by pots. Search the group of pots at the top of the room; the bottom pot contains a Bacchus (Bacchus’ Wine). Search the bottom right pot of the lower group of pots to get another Baccus’ Wine. Also, below the pots, go right through a false wall. Then go up, and right to reach two treasure chests. The left chest contains 10,000 Gil, and the right chest contains Mute (Mute Arrows). Now see the left side of this room? Go into the little indentation to go back down to the first floor, to reach a chest containing Kamikaze. (It’s a spell item.) Go down from this enclosure to go back up to the second floor. Now exit and save your game again.

When you re-enter, there’s nothing left to do but go through the east tower. Go right at the fork and under the gate, and enter it.

When you enter, go behind the upper left column. Go left through a false wall, up, left, down, and right to reach a chest containing a Coffin. Now go up the stairs.

On the second floor, right when you enter, do not move left. Move right and check the switch on the wall to open up the door. Then go down, behind the wall, and left to maneuver yourself around the stairs as to not reset the switch from exiting the area. Go through the door. Open the chests on the left side, the upper chest contains an Exit, and the lower chest contains an Ether1 (Ether 1.) The right pot in the upper part of the room contains a Hermes (Hermes’ Shoes). Now, go to the right of the room. Do not step into the hole. Check the lower chest for a Cabin. Now go go two steps right from the right pot at the top part of the room. Go right through a false wall. Then go up, right, and down, and you’ll be behind the treasure chest that you couldn’t reach because of the hole. This chest is another monster-in-a-box. You’ll have to fight two BlackCats (Black Cats) and a Lamia. Have your melee fighters defend. The Black Cats retaliate physical attacks with an attack called ‘Bluster’ (mistranslated from ‘Blaster’) that will either paralyze one of your characters or kill them instantly. Have Tellah cast Bio or some other level 3 spell on all of them. When the Black Cats are finished, concentrate your fighters on the Lamia. You’ll get a BloodSpr (Blood Spear) afterwards. No-one in your party can equip this...right now.

Afterwards, exit, rest, and save again. Then, go back up to the second floor of the east tower. Now, you can walk into that hole. You’ll be back on the first floor, inside the right enclosure with a chest that contains HrGlass2 (Hourglass 2). Go down to enter a secret passage to the basement of the castle.

Follow the path until you see three chests. The two chests on the left both contain Ether 1. The right chest is a monster-in-a-box, three Mad Ogres. They are very dangerous. I highly recommend having Cecil attack with the Sleep Blade or Ancient sword to at least try and weaken them. Or have him Cover Tellah and Parry. Tellah should be casting Fire 3 or some other powerful spell. Yang and Cid can attack, or defend, but they’ll probably die eventually either way. I don’t blame if you want to skip this one. You get an Ag Apple (Agility Apple) afterwards.

Follow the path to a set of stairs that leads you outside the castle. That’s all the treasure there is here. Once again, you can always try this later, so don’t worry if you aren’t tough enough yet. It should also be noted that the continent of Eblan isn’t a bad place to level up, after all. The desert area north of the giant tower is good, as is the ‘eagle head’ shaped land mass above it.
    Of course, with the current party you shouldn't have a problem (this was written just as you get the airship).

its in the left and bottum of the world according to the map

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Thanks, but this is a month old. I think they got it.
    Figaro Castle

ok but why doesnt anyone use this forum anymore

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

People post off and on. Just because someone doesn't post in a forum for a couple of hours doesn't make it inactive. Be patient. Sometimes you won't get a response for a day or two.
    Figaro Castle

none has posted here for a month on all the threads

where in the world did you get your hovercraft??? I can't find it.