Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WHY!?!?!

C'mon C'mon

I'm not sure because i can't remember what i originally asked

The other characters didn't hate Irvine, though, they were just put off by the front that he puts up to start.
    -Q

Quote Originally Posted by blitz-ace9
    I would like to know if anyone actually likes Irvine and if anyone knows what his purpose was
    That's pretty much what you said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

C'mon C'mon

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Acula
    I quite liked Irvine. He was such a perv. Hence his new nickname, Pervine. His limit break's pretty good too.
    Anyways, on topic, he was there as a sniper to shoot the sorceress. Then he decided "Hey, I have no social life, and I want the girls to fall for me, so I'll tag along." Does that answer your question?
    Then yes you did answer my question

thnx

EDIT: btw I like the name Pervine

thnx. So do I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

C'mon C'mon

You should go on my other thread- girls and ff

P.S you are a girl aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Acula
    I quite liked Irvine. He was such a perv. Hence his new nickname, Pervine. His limit break's pretty good too.
    Anyways, on topic, he was there as a sniper to shoot the sorceress. Then he decided "Hey, I have no social life, and I want the girls to fall for me, so I'll tag along." Does that answer your question?
    Then yes you did answer my question

thnx

"Hey, I have no social life, and I want the girls to fall for me, so I'll tag along." Does that answer your question?
    Pervine, rofl!

Ok now he reminds me of Kenji from Initial D [Jobless motherf*****]

You know what they say about big guns...

Me neither.

Thank you Hysterian!

C'mon C'mon

Now you've lost me!!!

I dont like him. He was ugly, annoying, too out of proportion (tall & skinny..freaks me out a little), he sucked too bad at first, and uh, yeah..that's it.

C'mon C'mon

Thank you very much! Someone on my team lol

What are you talking about?

Too me he fitted perfectly on the story, he is the exact oppose of Squall, i think his limit break is great to me itīs the second best.

Sure he hits on every pretty girl he sees but i donīt see a problem with that, plus heīs at the same level that Zell,Selphie, Squall and Quistis since he is an elite sharpshooter student from Galbadia Garden. To me Rinoa is the only character who doensīt fit the fighting squad.

I don't like Irvine, he was pointless. His purpose was to assassinate the Sorceress, which he failed to accomplish.

He was as integral to the story as Zell or Selphie. I thought he was quite important to the story, as he was yet another "coincidence" that helped demonstrate how twisted the hands of fate are.

The story required a number of characters like Zell, Selphie, Quistis, and Irvine that seemed to be arbitrary. That is to say, it would appear that they just got partnered with Squall purely by chance. Any other members of Garden could've been on Squall's team, these just happened to be the new recruits and an instructor. However, the plot soon pulls them together. The fact that they meet Irvine half way across the world adds to this bizarre tale.

In a well written plot, be it book, film, play, or game, every character and line has reason. I think it would be insulting to the writers to say that Irvine was unimportant.
    . . . if someone had come and told me . . . that they would leave my life whole, it would have left me cold: several hours or several years of waiting is all the same when you have lost the illusion of being eternal.

-Jean Paul Sartre, "The Wall"

I used to hate Irvine, but on my 2nd play through I started to like him. He's just the complete opposite of Squall and quite cool in his own right.