Thread: Is There...

Default Is There...

Anyway to skip a turn during battle?
    I want to keep Rydia + Rosa on hold to use cure when i'm low on HP.
    I thought FFIV Battle System was like VII, VIII and IX, but i can't figure out how to do it.

Also is there anywhere in the game to go too learn the basics, like a beginners room? I don't have a Manual and theres things i dont understand (like how to get the World Map on, and some of the Special Attacks).

Thanks.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The mages in the two rooms in the main hall of Castle Baron (the two sets of stairs) and the basement of the Devil's Road chamber act as a 'tutorial' of sorts. And I think there's a classroom in the inn's second floor, if I'm not mistaken.

The only way to 'skip' a turn is to use the Defend/Parry option, but other than that, you can't just press a button to cycle the turns like the later games.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Skipping turns is a feature that wasn't added to the series until FFVI. You can't skip turns in any version of FFIV. You just have to Defend and hope that character gets his/her turn again soon, or if it's a battle where you currently have the healer's turn and you know you're soon going to get hit by a strong attack (such as the final battle), you can wait until the enemy does that attack and then tell your healer to use a Cure spell.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

yeah and to see the map, you have to use the item "dwarven bread" or cast the spell "sight"

it only uses 2mp, but its kind of annoying, i like to check the map a lot.

you must use sight to get the world map on