Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tidus Question (Major Spoiler!)

Default Tidus Question (Major Spoiler!)

I likedthe ending for Final Fantasy X. It was so emotional and sad, yet, I felt it was imcomplete and it raises more questions. Anyways, Tidus lived in Dream Zanarkand which which was composed pyreflies. If the city and people were composed of pyreflies, does that mean that Tidus never truely existed? Or does it mean that he was real and died 1000 years ago?

Sorry for the questions, but some things in FFX still don't make sense to me. These questions are forcing me to play the game through all over again (which isn't bad at all, but I want answers).

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yes, it was composed of pyreflies. While Tidus existed, it was not a technical existence, since being real is not defined to the people of Spira as "existing at some faraway point in the ocean where your destiny is to live and die and disappear and not to at any point interact with the people of Spira."

Tidus did NOT EXIST 1000 years ago, as a misconception of the game will lead you to believe. He lived concurrently with the rest of Spira in Dream Zanarkand, except far removed.

So, Tidus never truely existed?

What looses me, is he watches yuna send souls a few times through out the game, yet never is affected untill the end. He can also enter the farplane as Aruon could not.

This confuses me deeply.

Bipper

Quote Originally Posted by bipper
    What looses me, is he watches yuna send souls a few times through out the game, yet never is affected untill the end. He can also enter the farplane as Aruon could not.

This confuses me deeply.

Bipper
    Yeah, that is what's really getting me. Plot holes?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This confuses me deeply.

Bipper
    Yeah, that is what's really getting me. Plot holes?
    It's because you don't know what is going on. This is very much subtext, and VERY difficult to pick out in FFX. Confusion abroad is for everyone, except for those who have heard it correctly from elsewhere.

Tidus is not dead. Unlike Auron (who is an unsent), he is maintained by the fayth at Gagazet. As such, his "existence" is not tied to the pyreflies of the dead, he is contained by other powers. Consider him an Aeon, a small tiny Aeon from a family of Aeons that is essentially one gigantic Aeon.

When at last he disappears, Yuna does not send him. He is disappearing because the fayth are no longer dreaming, allowing them rest. He is also present at Auron's sending without effect. Auron IS an unsent, and would be affected by Yuna's sending.

This brings into discussion, the ability of Summoners to affect pyreflies. It is possible that the pyreflies that constitue an Aeon are somewhat different from the pyreflies of the unsent, that perhaps when they form a material existence, their bonds are stronger (think of it as the difference between a covalent's and an ionic's atomic bond, except without the properties of electron sharing or transfer).

It is also possible that Summoners can only directly manipulate the pyreflies of the unsent, which Summoner school most likely teaches them. While they can manipulate pyreflies of Aeons, they have no direct control over them. In the Temples, one must pray before the pyreflies of the Aeons will even constitute. Also, in FFX, Yuna is seen giving vocal commands (and some battle quotes regarding her Aeons), and this is especially highlighted by her use of the Magus sisters.

However, her bond with Valefor contradicts this (an innate understanding as can be seen in Bevelle), but Valefor is also her first Aeon.

That makes sense. So the Fayth dreamed up Tidus because he was the only one who could defeat Sin, but he needed a true form so Sin brought him to Spira. Would that make Jecht like Tidus? Not human, but more like an aeon in a human form?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNatural
    That makes sense. So the Fayth dreamed up Tidus because he was the only one who could defeat Sin, but he needed a true form so Sin brought him to Spira. Would that make Jecht like Tidus? Not human, but more like an aeon in a human form?
    The fayth did not dream him up because he was the only one who could defeat Sin. This is most certainly a serious misunderstanding. Tidus is dreamt up because he is Jecht's son. No other reason. It just HAPPENED to occur that Jecht would become Sin, and that Tidus was his son.

The process in which Jecht became Sin was because he became an Aeon possessed by Yu Yevon. This means that he was in his Aeon form the entire time; the encounter in Sin's heart was still him as an Aeon, except that his powers and form was inhibited.

This confuses me deeply.

Bipper
    Likewise. I think that ff7/ff10 have to be the most confusing of the lot.

I think it's sad that Tidus never really existed and that he was only a dream...

C'mon C'mon

I think it would have been funny at the end if Yuna ran to him and fell off the airship.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz-ace9
    I think it would have been funny at the end if Yuna ran to him and fell off the airship.
    Hey, that would hav been funy...

That actually made me laugh out loud for real. Ha ha!

Ok. Mods can close this thread now. Tidus... never existed? God, that sucks!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNatural
    That actually made me laugh out loud for real. Ha ha!

Ok. Mods can close this thread now. Tidus... never existed? God, that sucks!
    Not in the sense of traditional existence, anyways. It's hard to explain, but you get the idea.

CKs usually don't close threads that had discussion in them without spam. They usually let it die due to lack of posting.

dunno if u guys noticed but when seymour asks "what are you still doing here?" to auron then he says the guado are keen to the scent of the farplane, wouldn't other guado say things to tidus if he was really pyreflies, as they are the scent of the farplane?