Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VI Revival Project?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle Final Fantasy VI Revival Project?

Alright, about a year ago in Game Informer Magazine, they mentioned that "Squenix" was thinking about doing a revival project for FFVI since Advent Children and the rest of the FFVII Revival Project was well recieved by the fans. I was curious to know if anyone has heard even the tiniest bit of information about this. I have a good feeling it's just a hopeful fanboy rumor but I was curious to know if there might be any more info or if we're just to consider FFVI Advance the closes we'll ever get to more FFVI love.

P.S.And I beg you to actully leave relevant comments and not just derogatory bull[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]. I'm not trying to start another stupid rumor.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

There's been absolutely no information to substantiate such a claim other than Square's general declaration that they'd like to go back and do more of these polymorphic content deals. So, yeah. Fanboy rumor.

I'd love a fresh 3d ff6 though. The only problem with complete remakes is keeping the feel of the original. Maybe some extra dialogue, a REALLY hard boss, some kind secret stuffs. You know, the works. Maybe a new game+ where you could actually get a chance to defeat kefka before he half destroys the world. That would be very interesting

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

With Sakaguchi and Uematsu gone, I might choose to leave it as it is...

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yeah, as sad as it is, the state of affairs at Square Enix makes me wish they'll just leave the older games alone.

If they do do it, they must keep the original translation.

When they did the additional 3D animations added into the FFVI version in Anthology?, I was rather disappointed and thought they looked U.G.L.Y.

I think they should leave it and not ruin it for us long time fans.
    BEHOLD!!! The 88 Plymouth Sundance!!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the FFIV Chronicles FMVs? Those were pretty frugly.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It didn't sound like they we're doing a remake as much as making sequels/prequels like Advent Children, Crisis Core, and Dirge of Ceberus. I personaly feel it was just rumor but you never know, Square has a tendency to mention doing a project and then never speak about it till it comes out. FFX-2 was just a rumor for the longest time as well as Advent Children and all the other FFVII sequel/prequel titles. Seiken Denetsu and Front Misson really suffer from this problem...

Even if Square was thinking about doing it though, I doubt we would see anything anytime soon, with everything they seem to be doing for FFXIII... I mean @#!% three titles in the works already?!

I have mixed feelings about them doing it. On the one hand I don't want them to ruin something I truly love but on the other hand they have done a remarkable job on FFVII and I don't even care for the game. It's like having the problem of knowing that Squenix can make total drivial garbage like FFX-2 but on the other hand they can do something awsome like Last Order and Advent Children. As for Uematsu and Sakeguchi-san, Uematsu is just freelance now so Squenix can still get him, he did Advent Children's soundtrack and Sakeguchi-san might be more of an issue really... It's really sad to see the current state of Square...

Anyway, this is all just factless observations so chances are really good it's just a fanboy rumor.

Its almost certainly just a rumor, Though Square have been revisiting there older games more recently. If they did a remake I would expect more then the re-releases they do constantly, Updated Graphics but with the old feel. It would be intresting to see them finish the areas they didn't in FFVI.

I think this rumor stems from the sprites they made for the ps2 or ps3 or whatever it was to show off its new graphics, like the FFVII Intro remake for the ps3 graphic show.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of the FFIV Chronicles FMVs? Those were pretty frugly.
    For whatever reason, some people honestly don't like the FFVI FMVs. I suppose it's a related affliction to not liking FFIX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuggly Blight View Post
    I think this rumor stems from the sprites they made for the ps2 or ps3 or whatever it was to show off its new graphics, like the FFVII Intro remake for the ps3 graphic show.
    I can only imagine you're referring to the FMVs from the PlayStation (not 2 or 3) port of FFVI from 1999, but people didn't get all these delusions of sequels and remakes until 2003 or so, when FFX-2 was released and the Compilation of FFVII was announced.

Also, 3D models are not sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    For whatever reason, some people honestly don't like the FFVI FMVs. I suppose it's a related affliction to not liking FFIX.
    So true. I'm a big fan of VI, and I thought the FMVs were lovely. They captured the atmosphere of the game very well. That's why the thought of a 3D FF VI doesn't scare me as much as it might.

The Final Fantasy VI FMVs were beautiful, mainly because they actually resembled the original Amano artwork of the game and they were done well. More than I can say for the Final Fantasy IV FMVs, however. Those looked like a 3D Studio Max animation student's final project.

I thought the videos were pretty good myself, especially the two unlockable ones.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

As far as the videos go: Yeah, I liked them. I thought the one you unlock for beating the game was beautiful. Great music, too!

The rumor: GI said it. Take it with a grain of salt. Especially if you saw it in their rumor section, which it sounds like you did.