Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4 days and still no Mel Gibson topic here? What the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF
    Thanks Mr. Mojo, saved me from digging anything up on that. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    Meh, I knew he was anti-Jew after watching the Passion.
    How do you figure?
    Semites killing Christ, torturing him? Who did like the Jews in that movie?

Stern said the same thing on Sirius. Just because he was drunk doesn't mean he lied about what he said about the Jews. His comments were so spontaneous and so irrelevant that it's hard to say that he didn't mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness
    Not in North America, they don't. Please don't call me a racist, you ignorant fool. Rather, look three posts above you.
    calling me an ignorant fool doesn't make you any less wrong. I've seen the above & stand by what I said. Now calm your wee self down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
    Not in North America, they don't. Please don't call me a racist, you ignorant fool. Rather, look three posts above you.
    calling me an ignorant fool doesn't make you any less wrong. I've seen the above & stand by what I said. Now calm your wee self down.
    Well, excuse me for getting annoyed when some jagoff on the internet blindly calls me a racist.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

roto, you seem like an intelligent guy, so I don't know why you're making personal attacks on people just a day after being EoEO banned for the same thing, 'cause it's not really the smart move.

How about the pair of you just leave each other alone?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Being Retarded

How do you figure?
    Yeah, see, here's the thing about that: That's how it is in the Bible. The Passion didn't randomly make up stuff about how terrible and hateful the Jews were, it took it pretty much directly from the Bible.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6;&version=31;

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliputian Hitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by lovehurts
    Here it is in a better perspective . Read this.http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/39662/
    Uh, usually the best perspective is the least biased.
    Agreed.

Kinda funny considering the "What kind of drunk are you?" thread in General Chat. As I said in another forum, the only thing that surprises me is that people are offended at something said... when he was drunk. Yeah, that's never happened. :rolleyes2 But I'm sure he was completely cognisant of his behavior and meant every word. (sarcasm intended)

How do you figure?
    Yeah, see, here's the thing about that: That's how it is in the Bible. The Passion didn't randomly make up stuff about how terrible and hateful the Jews were, it took it pretty much directly from the Bible.

I'm not challenging what it says in the Bible, cause I'm not expert on the Bible. I'm just saying where one could get the notion of how Gibson's movie could have had anti-Semite remarks, and this recent bashing of the Jews Mel Gibson said puts a different light on the real meaning of the movie possibly.

Of course this is all speculation, but do you honestly think, out of all the things to talk about while being drunk, Gibson just suddenly decided to pull out of his ass of why he hated the Jews?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not challenging what it says in the Bible, cause I'm not expert on the Bible. I'm just saying where one could get the notion of how Gibson's movie could have had anti-Semite remarks, and this recent bashing of the Jews Mel Gibson said puts a different light on the real meaning of the movie possibly.

Of course this is all speculation, but do you honestly think, out of all the things to talk about while being drunk, Gibson just suddenly decided to pull out of his ass of why he hated the Jews?
    No, he probably is anti-Jew, but not because of the movie. If there's a problem with The Passion, it's not because of Gibson, it's because of the source material. That's all I'm saying here; The Passion can't be used to show Gibson to be anti-Jewish.

Well, excuse me for getting annoyed when some jagoff on the internet blindly calls me a racist.
    first of all u need to calm yourself ... if u said that to me i would back hand you . and second we can all have our own opinion, and you don't have to agree !

Mel gibson is non existant to me . If he hates jews power to him but if you ignore something and turn your back on it ... you'll take away its power and he will disappear.
    hopefully for real.

Edit***
    I know i am being a huge prick right now, so sorry.
    Last edited by Fuego; 08-04-2006 at 10:42 PM.
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuego
    first of all u need to calm yourself ... if u said that to me i would back hand you . and second we can all have our own opinion, and you don't have to agree !
    Accusations of racism aren't an opinion, dear. I don't care if he agrees with me on the topic or not, but that was uncalled for and ignorant, much like your "back-hand" comment.

if you came at me like that i would totaly take you apart ... regarless if someone accuses you of whatever . I don't know you so i can't vouch that your not a racist.
    and there wasn't any acusation implyed it was merely a statement . At least thats what i saw from a third person point of view.
    My advice anger management ... and don't call me dear ... its very condescending IMO

Edit *** when you point the finger at some one you have three pointing right back at yourself.
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

That was the point. Now, drop the tough-guy-on-the-internet crap.

That was the point. Now, drop the tough-guy-on-the-internet crap.
    no i am not tough ... but you are seriously pissing me off with the pathetic martyr routine ! No one accused you of anything and if you took offense then maybe you really are a bigot !
    and who do you think you are ? i pitty you ... because that mouth of yours will get you into some trouble in the future, and nobody or anything other than what you deserve will transpire.
    Last edited by Fuego; 08-04-2006 at 11:25 PM.

Lol @ internet.

Just out of interest, is this as far as they went in the movie or did they have Jews eating babies as well? Because that seems to be about the only thing that I could think of that would cause such a ridiculous amount of backlash.

Well, that and people overreacting.

I think the heat made them all just a little crazy esp with no sun block
    and i don't remember much of the movie ... maybe cause 80% of it was just flogging and killing etc.
    but i have a hard time thinking of it as like a majority of the jewish people in that time being purposefully malicious. but if maybe say they were just the poor jews and promised food ... or some sort of motivation, i could definately see that. hunger makes you do crazy things >.<