Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 4 days and still no Mel Gibson topic here? What the hell.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Everybody's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuego
    I think the heat made them all just a little crazy esp with no sun block
    and i don't remember much of the movie ... maybe cause 80% of it was just flogging and killing etc.
    but i have a hard time thinking of it as like a majority of the jewish people in that time being purposefully malicious. but if maybe say they were just the poor jews and promised food ... or some sort of motivation, i could definately see that. hunger makes you do crazy things >.<
    *sigh* not quite. It was a power situation. There was a very specific group of Jews who saw him as a threat to their power and even went so far as to break Judaic law in order to permenantly remove him. A group. A small, elitist, group. That's it. There were far more Jews that supported him... that's what made him a threat. (all according to the Bible) From what I heard the movie reflected that. Nothing more or less.

I knew he made the passion of the christ just for the money!!! LOL

That makes sense. i have no trouble believing that because it's still going on today. (power struggles that is) except back then there weren't any atomic weapons ... we have far worse now but could you imagine if Judas has an H-bomb ... but i digress.
    Back then things were completely different. i have no problem believing that.
    As for the movie, i really think it was just depressing to witness.(as was the real life situation -that just goes without saying-) when i left the theatre alot of people were pretty green. i was in shock ... i mean, wow. i am still at a loss for words to describe, not to mention i blocked alot of it out.
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.