Thread: another pol-1160 problem

Default another pol-1160 problem

i keep getting the pol-1160, and have been for the last 2 days. on the 31st i got disconnected when our internet went out for about an hour. when i got it back, i get the 1160 saying the network is busy. i know they were going to be some updating going on, but not until the 1st and it should be done by now, but i'm still getting the message. i was on for a few hours on the 31st before the dc, and now i can't get on.

any help would be appreciated.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

It usually take SE about 3 weeks after each major version update to get everything settled. Downloading takes up a hellavu lot of bandwidth since their d/l system isn't very effecient b/c of the ps2. Also, even if the servers are up and running and there's no mentioned maintenance going on, they'll sometimes work on the servers while they're up which causes a bunch of lag. It'll get better. It's actually extremely better than it used to be. I remember Chains of Promathia being an absolute mess for 4-5 months.

well, i went to a friends house to use there internet to see if that is the problem. it got all the updates and i was playing in a matter of minutes. brought it back home and nothing, still getting the pol-1160 error. any ideas? it worked for 2 months and then nothing.

also, i tried running this straight from the cable modem to see if the router was the problem. same thing, no connecting noise, and then the error.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

try the pol webchat on the website, last time I went there(couple days ago) I saw a "warning" about a pol error - and if you got it, it meant you were banned, might want to look into that.

i'll have to try it, shouldn't have been banned though. didn't do anything that would get me in trouble.

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

except selling BILLIONS OF GIL!!!!!

lol just kidding.

id try un-installing and re-installing my FFXI, its a huge pain but usually works.

FFXI is like Windows sofware, if somthing isnt working, Format and re-install. thats my philosophy.

i tried reinstalling playonline, same thing. i didn't try reinstalling ffxi since i can't even log into pol. i'll have to try that too.

well, it's looking like my ISP decided to block one of the ports i need to play, i can take my laptop and play through a different isp, but charter cable sucks.

Please don't double post. Use the 'edit' option instead. - Miriel

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

sounds like you need to phone them up and start screaming at some retards

or get a new service provider

Quote Originally Posted by 213slayer666 View Post
    or get a new service provider
    Bingo!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."