Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will you still use this Forum when you're 50 years old?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I will visit when I am 50 only if smooth1 is still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet
    I will visit when I am 50 only if smooth1 is still here.
    Ok meat puppet your on, I meet you here when i'm 50

Hmmm... I guess, no. This is too long for me so I'd really be worn out by then.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

The only way I'd still be breathing at fifty, is if I still looked like a teenager, an was in fine physical condition. So I very much doubt I'll be here. It would be hilarious if everyone was still here as old fogies. An whenever a young newbie arrived, you'd ban them. it would be the internet equivalent of when old people tell you to stay off their property. EOFF could then stand for eyes on final fogies. An people would keep making the same threads over an over, because their senile. General chat would be used to discuss such things as the weather, heated blankets, what brand of denture fluid is best, an what's your favourite type of boiled sweet. The lounge would probably just consist of topics about gameshows an murder mystery programmes. An for serious issues such as incontinence, you'd head over to EOEO. So years on, EOEO would still be full of <!--sh*t-->[leeza]*snip*[/leeza].

[leeza]Don't go around the fiters please ~ Leeza[/leeza]

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    Dear Lord, that's a frightening thought. That means I would've been posting here for thirty nine years. Criminy.
    You've been a regular here for a third of your life already.

Yes, of course I'll be here when I'm 50. If this place even still exists at that point. Maybe I'll be the lone resident.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Maybe, depends if the site is still running and final fantasy is still bein made.

lol idk maybe...lol idk i want to be marryd and so...

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    You've been a regular here for a third of your life already.
    Well, that's a wonderful reminder to wake up to.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    Depending on how long the site is here, I just might be.
    Another few years is all, right?

As long as the site is still up!
    By which I mean society hasn't crumbled, and I'm shipped off onto a desert island and have to kill all of my friends one by one...

It's hilarious how nearly every post in this thread is about how pathetic it would be to be doing something you're enjoying in your youth many years from now. I find that many people say the same things about video games and pretty much everything else that is a good time in its infancy.

Video games are still a new thing, we are all among the first generation of people who <B>will</B> be playing video games when we're fifty-plus. We're the generation of people who <B>will</B> be posting on video game-centric Internet forums when we're fifty-plus. Just because your parents or grandparents didn't grow up in a generation where these things were such a large part of their youth doesn't mean that it's going to be that way forever.

If Eyes on Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy still exist in thirty years, I'll be happy to be posting here. If it has since died out, I'll be on another Final Fantasy forum when I'm not enjoying the games. If it is genuinely so pathetic to you all to be playing games or posting on a message board that focuses on them, just give it up now. What are you waiting for?

If I'm anything like the vast majority of the fifty-plus people I encounter on a daily basis, <B>then</B> you can track me down and kill me.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I highly doubt this site will last for 100 years, or even 50 years sadly. But I wouldn't mind staying for 5, or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    Oh god, I hope not. xD

(SPOILER)I wouldn't mind keeping in contact with some people I like here though.
    Hopefully u will keep in contact with me...^_^

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

necro brings up an interesting point. The longest that anyone has ever been on the internet is at most 20-30 years, depending on what you call 'internet'. How many of the people who first used Compuserv are still around?

You could almost compare it to people who grew up watching television or movies. Do they still watch tv? Probably. Do they still go to movie theaters? Probably.

I've questioned myself so many times on this subject-I hope I can be around this place as long as I can, really...