Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FF: XIII Or Versus?

Give me the female lead (finally). I've seen that one in action and adore it. Vs seems to only have (limited) pictures available. If there's a trailer for that somewhere too, point me towards it. Otherwise, like Kishi, my bets are on regular XIII. I don't trust the KH team too much

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

XIII.

I can't decide so i guess i'll love them both

I can't choose one right now since we don't know much about the games. The main character of Versus seems awesome though. The main char of FFXIII seems pretty cool too, at least a lot better than Yuna. What I want to know is if Versus will be a traditional RPG, too.

I don't know why Square Enix is wasting their time with cell phone games.

I definitely have to go with the main version of the game in the series. I will get both games, but I'm looking more forward to FFXIII.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

I wonder when they'll release the FFVersusXIII trailer to the public.

i'm getting both, and any other FF game in the shop i that dont allready have.

EDIT that I

Currently Playing: FFXIII Stunt's Avatar

I'm probably going to get both, but Versus XIII seems quite more interesting to me.

STUNT

~Both the games look really interesting, XIII and Versus but I really need more info on both games especially Versus. In the end I will be getting both of them to add to my growing collection, well as long as they keep both games offline. Also I hope Square-Enix doesn't start using that Micromanagement crap that other companies have been putting in like every game.

I do have a question though, I know what teams are working on Versus but who's working on XIII (the main game)?

they are announcing more info on XIII & Versus at the tokyo game show.

Edit: As well as new trailer(s).
    What are you hoping to see?

In my case, I want to see thoses real world soldiers in Versus.
    I've seen just a screenshot of them with large automatic rifles.

It's supposed to be something like, the blue hair .. person is waiting on what seems like a throne, soldiers appear, they fire, something blocks the bullets from reaching .. that person, end of trailer.
    Last edited by King-Killer; 09-12-2006 at 12:20 PM.

It's hard to say, both have my 100% interest and I will have both pre-ordered and get them the day they come out.

FF XIII is by the main FF team and FF V XIII is by the Kingdom Hearts team. I love the main FF team, but I haven't played any KH game yet.

FF XIII has the composer Masashi Hamauzu, from FF VII: DoG, which I thought had ok music but some was good. FF V XIII has the composer Yoko Shimomura, who composed for Front Mission, Street Fighter 2, Live A Live, and other top games, I'm very impressed with her work.

The story and characters in both games seem ultimate, so that part may be the same.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII has the better composer but Final Fantasy XIII is from the main FF team, which I love, although maybe I'd love the KH team if I tried one of their games.

I'll lean slightly torward Final Fantasy XIII but only because it's the main game. I'm 100% interested in both games!

By the way, download the Manifold Irons track from Front Mission 1st(get the updated PS 1 version of the track not the old low quality Snes version!!), composed by Yoko Shimomura. Expect that type of high aggressive battle music in Final Fantasy Versus XIII! You can get that from zophar.net I think.

Anybody who listens to that track, tell me what you think of it please!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

I'll get both of course but Nomura's interviews made me more excited about Versus.
    But this could change as the games get nearer their release date...

On a sidenote i really hope SE doesn't smurf us Europeans with the release dates

Square will i bet,they always do,i really dont understand why we always get the games last!!!

Sig created by the Genius that is Polaris

I'll go with Versus on the sole fact that Thirteen's summons are Transformers. The only place to go from that is up.

VERSUS XIII! I'm not that much into games w/ chicks...idk y, but it just doesn't seem as fun...I think X-2 ruined it for me...although, don't get me wrong it was a pretty good game...but too girly for me. =P