Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FF: XIII Or Versus?

Ill get both. Even if both of them are .

Because the wait is gonna be so damn long.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Articles
    Blog Entries

^same here... right now though i think versus is looking a tad bit more interesting... i'm kinda hoping they don't screw up the battle system in XIII... it seems like they're going to have it where you input a few commands at a time, then watch it unfold while you input more... potentially awesome but potentially sucky if it's more CTB-like as in X.

XIII the original defiently has my attention. If vXIII has what people are guessing a Kingdom Hearts battle system I would most defenently take a shot at it. Though I got my money on the original selling more. I just want to see if Final Fantasy vXIII will have summons, magic or in the kind of Final Fantasy storyline at all. It looks like it probably won't as much since Kingdom Hearts committee is working on it. But I might be wrong.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

I'm getting both but I'm more interested in vsXIII. Seems like more of the devs I like are working on that one. =)

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Why choose?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Its hard to decide... I'm probably going to go for Versus just because between the two, I feel Versus will be almost exactly what you think it will be. The kinda game you know exactly what to expect when you play it. I sorta see it as DMC meets AC with the KH2 battle system. Plot I'm not so sure about but since very little has been said I can't comment on it. I just hope that A.) Its a one shot story. B.) Its fleshed out.

XIII is sorta've in a "wild card" zone for me but then again the more abundant (and yet not enough) information on it makes it a little more troublesome for me. XIII has a few good elements (story sounds intriguing and original, combat system has potential to be awsome) and then some not so desirable elements (looks like a compilation of elements from VII, VIII and X, mecha shiva! I can't wait to "ride" her! This teams last project together was X and X-2!). Basically I can see it going either way. My problem is that this team can come up with some cool and original ideas but they just can't seem to use and execute them as well as I would like. Basically I won't get my hopes up cause this team has let me down before.

My vote, I guess goes to Versus but only due to a total lack of info... Though I've heard Versus is suppose to be based on the Epic of Gilgamesh...

I get both.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by King-Killer View Post
    they are announcing more info on XIII & Versus at the tokyo game show.

Edit: As well as new trailer(s).
    What are you hoping to see?

In my case, I want to see thoses real world soldiers in Versus.
    I've seen just a screenshot of them with large automatic rifles.

It's supposed to be something like, the blue hair .. person is waiting on what seems like a throne, soldiers appear, they fire, something blocks the bullets from reaching .. that person, end of trailer.

You are acting as if a trailer for both games hasn't come out yet. You do know that there are 2 trailers for both games, right?
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    FFVersusXIII looks like the same old Nomura crap, complete with gameplay by the Kingdom Hearts guys and cut scenes by the Advent Children guys. I'll invest my hopes in FFXIII.
    Yeah, pretty much. At least the only Nomura garbage in XIII is the character designs, which I can live with. (As far as I know, that's all he's done to it.)

Definately Versus. It looks much darker, and I think it will be very interesting to have a modern FF in next gen graphics. I love how epic the game appears to be in the trailers, compared to normal xiii where it just looks more light hearted. I might be in the minority here, but I actually prefer the more emo characters like cloud and squall to the naive, energetic ones like tidus and zidane. I have also heard it will have a tragic ending, which is honestly what makes or breaks the game for me. I loved the ending to tactics, it was just perfect, realistic, and it made a meaningful statement. In contrast, although the rest of the game was great, the ending to VI, for me, felt kind of kiddish. But all of this aside, I've never played an FF I didn't love, I just loved some more than others. Oh, and his hair. The guy in Versus has the coolest hair I've ever seen. And yes, this is very important in a FF game.

Probably will get both. Agito? I don't know, because I'm not really that interested in mobile gaming.

im looking more forward to versus XIII. the boys are all gorgeous. ive always loved ff games with cities in them. basically wanted to stay in zanarkand the whole time lol.
    Photobucket
    cheak out my art at http://missmaxx.deviantart.com/

I'm definitely buying both of the PS3 releases - I'm probably not going to bother with the mobile phone version.

I think XIII looks better. I like the light+bright design of the game, unlike the very dark design of Versus XIII. Everything in Versus looks like it's black, but XIII actually has colors; I'm not a "darkness and evil is cool" person. :/
    Plus, Lightning has pretty much the best damn character design of anyone in the FF series.

I love your random PM's.

I am more interested in Final Fantasy XIII right now. That and Final Fantasy Versus XIII are going to dominate my life, along with Starcraft 2(PC real time strategy game). I'm not sure if I'm anticipating Starcraft 2 or Final Fantasy Versus XIII more though.

Anyways, I'm getting all three games the day they come out. I'm anticipating these titles by far more than anything else coming out for the next 4-5 years, although I have a feeling that I'll be extremely interested in Square Enix's next Mmorpg "Rapture" when it comes out.

By the way, I think the "other" female character in Final Fantasy XIII and the main antagonist female character in Final Fantasy Versus XIII is great, and so is Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII. They seem probably better than other female Final Fantasy characters in recent years.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008