Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: final fantasy 4!!!

When can we expect an update for you;re FAQ Zeromus? It's really good.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's almost done, with the walkthrough part anyway. Giant of Babil in progress. Edit: I forget to edit my signature, so that's why it seems like it isn't updated often..)

Wow. I started my game last December and I still haven't beat it (according to the game clock, I've played for about 34 hours). I'm in front of the last dungeon at the moment.
    Well, you probably have a life, so that's probably the reason. When I got it, I sucked every bit out of it. I have level maxed characters with best equipment (only one Adamant Armor, for Lydia or Porom), all in little over 40 hours. xD

But yeah, the GBA version is a lot easier. I don't know why; most of the enemies have the same stats as the hardtype version. It must be because of the easy way to obtain items in this one. But at least it wasn't completely nerfed like FFI DoS.

I own the PS version, Im near beating it twice, this thread has inspired me to finish the game soon. Mascot Moogle, I thank you.

I bought mine last Friday (for the GBA) and completed it Yesterday.
    I'm thinking of playing it again doing all the Sidequests and completing the Extra Dungeon.
    Does anyone know any good early game Level Up areas?

I only played the GBA version, which is pretty easy.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I finally finished the GBA version yesterday, though the ending was a bit weird. First, the dialogue was somewhat different than in FF2 SNES and FFIV Japanese Hard Type (fan translation), second, the dialogues during the ending sequences (after the (SPOILER)Lunar Whale returns to earth) go way too fast, so I was hardly able to read them all, and third, the Prologue theme cut a bit too early for me.

I think there's two reasons why the GBA version was easier for me than the Hard Type SNES version. I leveled up really much, and I played on the normal battle speed, which makes the enemies a lot slower and easier than on the fastest speed, which I was always using in the SNES version.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The script is actually just most of the Chronicles' script, with more dialogue for the other playable characters. And yes, with the battle and outside dialogue speeds up on the highest, everything goes hella-fast.

(SPOILER)"Must cast Meteor!"
    "Die Trying"
    "The body dies but the spirit lives on"
    "I am teh hatred!!!1one ...er, 'we are teh hatred...11!1eleventy"

Yeah.

Going to do the bonus dungeons, Sephiroth?

Default Re: final fantasy 4!!!

i don't see what was so easy about the GBA version. i think you're all just better at playing it.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Re: final fantasy 4!!!

That's certainly a possibility. Though they did make items more available, at least, it seemed to me. The entire game seemed so, convenient the whole way. And the aforementioned high speed of the game, I can zap through cutscenes relatively fast. The auto-dash feature also increased the speed, whereas you couldn't dash in the original version (ciw).

I think thay made the Bahamut fight too easy. You could go to the cave with Kain, Rosa, Porom, Cecil and Rydia and you could use two reflects get Kain to jump and probalbly have time to reflect the other characters as well. the countdown went way too slowly for me. Even on a higher speed it went pretty slowly.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I usually do it when FuSoYa is in the party. But yeah, lots of bosses (especially Evil Wall) seemed alot easier. And I didn't die on Odin the first time.

Odin was waaaayyy too easy also. I don't think he even attacked normally. I just used Edge, Cecil, Rosa and Rydia. two thundagas one blitz and one attack and he was down.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

ive played through it twice on PS1 but never been bothered to complete the final dungeon and its getting boring to replay the game through to that point so ill buy the GBA version.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

i got the gba version today and i find it awesome im not very far though. DAMN the undead at the mountain of ordeals.

demon wall was hard and for some reason i cant remember doing it on my 2cnd save game