Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When does this game get good?

Default When does this game get good?

OK. I've played an hour of this game and I'm at Zanarkand Ruins. This game is so lame and boring! When does it get good? Does it get good? X-2 has to be the lamest Final Fantasy game I've ever played.

Can someone tell me if its worth it because if it's not, I'm just going to return the game back to Gamestop and use my money to get Final Fantasy IV Advance instead.

C'mon C'mon

It gets good after you've completed it basically.

Well, I've already seen 2 of the endings at YouTube... Is it worth completing the game now?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you've already seen the endings, then that removes a fair amount of the fun and mystery.

X-2's depth and intrigue is quite well hidden, so it's harder for some people to get into. Also, some gamers expect every FF to be a carbon-copy of the last one, so they're naturally going to be in for a disappointment.

If you just try to bear in mind that X-2 is a different kind of game with its own style and pace, then maybe you'll find something to enjoy in it. Like the five or so different sub-plots that build up during the game, shaped by the player's own choices and actions. People usually whine that this kind of thing is missing from the recent FFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    If you've already seen the endings, then that removes a fair amount of the fun and mystery.

X-2's depth and intrigue is quite well hidden, so it's harder for some people to get into. Also, some gamers expect every FF to be a carbon-copy of the last one, so they're naturally going to be in for a disappointment.

If you just try to bear in mind that X-2 is a different kind of game with its own style and pace, then maybe you'll find something to enjoy in it. Like the five or so different sub-plots that build up during the game, shaped by the player's own choices and actions. People usually whine that this kind of thing is missing from the recent FFs.
    See the thing is, I'm just not into this game. Final Fantasy X sucked my in within the first minute. Final Fantasy VI sucked me in after the opening scene. I'm just not into FFX-2. So, I guess I'll just return it. See, I hate doing this. I did the same thing with Final Fantasy III/VI for the SNES, and I regret it. I just don't want to regret getting rid of X-2.

Well,... I guess I've made up my mind. I'm just not a fan of the whole Charlie's Angels meets Final Fantasy thing.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The game is alway good.

Why does everyone judge this game by the way how they look? I'm getting sick of that. So they happen to be three girls, doesn't it means automatically lame cause it has similar traits as Charlies Angels.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Via Infinito ftw.

When you can get past the fact that it's more light-hearted than most other FF games.

It is become good when. YOU. ARE. ON. THE. MISSION!

Well, we can't force you but if you want to judge a game, judge it after you've completed it. I, too, lost my interest to the game right after the event in Besaid, but I insist on finishing the game and blah, blah, blah I've successfully completed the game and I like it! But I hate FFX though...

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

it gets good when they all strip off and head for the bath....

ahem, what i mean is you should get a guide. its one of the only FFs which is more fun with a walkthrough, a good one.

With thanks to Owen Macwere

check out- http://z10.invisionfree.com/FFCSG/index.php?act=idx

Its only starting up, which means its not world class- but hey whats the harm in having a look. (or registering!) The only way its gonna get better is if more people join up.

Its got FF, art, writings, riddles, general chat and GFX battles. And each of these topics we are hoping to develop to its fullest.

Its not a catchy address either (free to run) so just save the link into your favourites for easy access

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNatural
    See the thing is, I'm just not into this game. Final Fantasy X sucked my in within the first minute. Final Fantasy VI sucked me in after the opening scene. I'm just not into FFX-2. So, I guess I'll just return it. See, I hate doing this. I did the same thing with Final Fantasy III/VI for the SNES, and I regret it. I just don't want to regret getting rid of X-2.

Well,... I guess I've made up my mind. I'm just not a fan of the whole Charlie's Angels meets Final Fantasy thing.
    Sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyway, you'll miss most of the fun parts if you don't do the non-Hotspot quests. In every Chapter, I visited every location I could, and I really liked exploring the world of Spira. The story starts to get somewhat deeper in Chapters 2 and 3, but my favorite Chapter in the game was absolutely Chapter 4. Too bad that's a relatively short chapter. Chapter 5 is still pretty good and has its emotional parts. Though from what I've seen so far, those players who can't get past the "this game sucks, it's nothing but three slutty Charlie's Angels ripoffs!" way of thinking will never really get into the game, and they can't even enjoy the great (IMHO) Job/Ability system with fast ATB battles. It's a pity, really.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyway, you'll miss most of the fun parts if you don't do the non-Hotspot quests. In every Chapter, I visited every location I could, and I really liked exploring the world of Spira. The story starts to get somewhat deeper in Chapters 2 and 3, but my favorite Chapter in the game was absolutely Chapter 4. Too bad that's a relatively short chapter. Chapter 5 is still pretty good and has its emotional parts. Though from what I've seen so far, those players who can't get past the "this game sucks, it's nothing but three slutty Charlie's Angels ripoffs!" way of thinking will never really get into the game, and they can't even enjoy the great (IMHO) Job/Ability system with fast ATB battles. It's a pity, really.
    Quoted for truth there, you hit it right on the nail. Stop letting the whole sexy image thing throw you off from the game. So Spira isn't conservative anymore, and it's different from other FF games which usually have a depressing story. Do you blame them, their greatest foe, Sin was defeated and they have nothing to worry about (well they do in X-2 but you know what I mean) so it's bound to be light-hearted and fun.

Well, I've already seen 2 of the endings at YouTube... Is it worth completing the game now?
    The endings make the game good. I liked them

Thanks to Reno is my man for the awesome siggy!!
    R.I.P Owen Macwere
    R.I.P to my cat, Turk