Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When does this game get good?

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

New Game Plusses with all the dresspheres and uber accessories make the game exciting because you can basically make it how you want it.
    jkhkjg

Uoohh, this game is getting on my nerves! It is always easy at the first time, but lately...

I can't finish my gun shooting mission on Besaid, |_| it is always around 200! I need 300 points more, OMG! Somebody told me to use the blind spot, but somehow I wasting my time in that blind spot because the enemy became seldom appear??? But if I came out from that blind spot, I will ran out of HP! Oh, no...

There is someting else, The lightning towers are annoying too!

And then, in the TOP of EVERYTHING, Thinking to get 100% is SUCK!!! (even with FAQS)

I won't think this is the lamest game. Well, is there another hard sidequest? Gee

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

To me it got really good when.....

I noticed what crap it was and stopped playing!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

You have to do everything. There are many different way the scenes can go. If you don't mind it the first time through, this game has a tremendous replay value.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNatural View Post
    I guess I've made up my mind. I'm just not a fan of the whole Charlie's Angels meets Final Fantasy thing.
    see, now you have seen someone say that on a website and you have got that on your mindset.

I will call anyone silly (mostly everyone because no one... NO ONE seems to like this game) who finds X-2 not to there taste, theres at least something in it for everyone.

Dancing Chocobo

if u saw the endings first then that ruins it but then so dose reading the walk through wich i have been foloing for a year and have finaly got 100%compleation (i had 2 re start 20 times 2 get it rite lol )i was comparative ly weak compared 2 the othe games tho i dont think a sequil is that good tho realy
    ff is more of a seperate gender u cant have sequild for it i gets boring wen u continue a story beond its limits

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It gets good when you realize that it has nowhere to go but up.

I WILL KICK YOU IF U DON'T PLAY IT!!
    It gets good when you get stronger and keep leveling up,and play the game 100%.And when you see gippal,you won't never stop playing.
    Rikku:"He's just a pice of memory....So live him and take Hypello!"

It gets good when you're butt-kicker and get into Chapter 4.
    Mark: Hey there, soldier!
    Yoko: Hi!
    Mark: Excuse Me!
    Yoko: Huh?
    Mark: Listen to me!
    Yoko: *thinking* stupid AI.

The story really picks up at the end of Chapter 2 - if you can all the way till there, you should find it rewarding enough, even if it will never be your favorite FF.

That being said, I completely agree with Sephiroth1999AD, the battle system was one of the best FF ever had,imo, and it's nice to be able to explore Spira and discover new things about this world.

Sure, it's different, it's disorienting, and I kind of understand people who really never get into it. It may be your case. But you cannot really say before you give it a fair try, and a couple hours isn't enough, I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNatural
    See the thing is, I'm just not into this game. Final Fantasy X sucked my in within the first minute. Final Fantasy VI sucked me in after the opening scene. I'm just not into FFX-2. So, I guess I'll just return it. See, I hate doing this. I did the same thing with Final Fantasy III/VI for the SNES, and I regret it. I just don't want to regret getting rid of X-2.

Well,... I guess I've made up my mind. I'm just not a fan of the whole Charlie's Angels meets Final Fantasy thing.
    Sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyway, you'll miss most of the fun parts if you don't do the non-Hotspot quests. In every Chapter, I visited every location I could, and I really liked exploring the world of Spira. The story starts to get somewhat deeper in Chapters 2 and 3, but my favorite Chapter in the game was absolutely Chapter 4. Too bad that's a relatively short chapter. Chapter 5 is still pretty good and has its emotional parts. Though from what I've seen so far, those players who can't get past the "this game sucks, it's nothing but three slutty Charlie's Angels ripoffs!" way of thinking will never really get into the game, and they can't even enjoy the great (IMHO) Job/Ability system with fast ATB battles. It's a pity, really.
    ^ i totally agree with everything you said. It bugs me when people prejudge the game. And what people don't realize that they are not funny when they make stupid remarks to diss ffx-2

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Give the guy a break. Seriously.

But honestly, you may change your mind - just play it, you might find some of it good.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Blog Entries

It becomes good when you press the Power button and load up a different game.

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by feona17 View Post
    Why does everyone judge this game by the way how they look? I'm getting sick of that. So they happen to be three girls, doesn't it means automatically lame cause it has similar traits as Charlies Angels.
    Offline/Online

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, if you don't like Charlie's Angels, then it's a problem, isn't it?
    --Box Box Box Box