Thread: Ok need serious help please.

Default Ok need serious help please.

My current laptop is not powerful enough to play this game. I'm thinking of buying a new one but am unsure as to what requirements I need. Is it even possible to play this game on a laptop? If so could someone with this knowledge please let me know what I'd need to get. Sorry for my ignorance on the matter.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Sure you can. I play it on my dad's laptop, I just use my own computer's keyboard, because it's much easier.

I'm not sure what requirements you need to consider when purchasing a new laptop, though. I still had problems when I first tried playing it on my dad's laptop, and I think it's somewhat new.

Well, no one can give you a decent answer unless you tell us the specs of the laptop.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I know a couple people who play on laptops, and the biggest problem for them is keeping it from overheating. If the laptop starts to overheat at all, it'll usually end up disconnecting you from ffxi. You can see the basic PC specs at playonline.com, it's really nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by chionos
    I know a couple people who play on laptops, and the biggest problem for them is keeping it from overheating. If the laptop starts to overheat at all, it'll usually end up disconnecting you from ffxi. You can see the basic PC specs at playonline.com, it's really nothing special.
    It depends on the laptop, you can get a lot of laptop now days that can handle any sort of gaming.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."