Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which FF should I play next?

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

Which FF should I play next?

I've already done FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, FFVII and all the Kingdom Hearts games.

I was thinking of either doing FFIX or FFVI next, so if you could please give me some suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by *~Angel Wing~*; 08-09-2006 at 07:46 PM.

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, I would suggest getting FFIX next since you're really into the new school games like FFVIII. The graphics are great and the battle system will seem more familar to you that way. It's also a very humorous game. However, if you are thinking about getting FFVI, I think you should get FF Anthology which includes FFVI and FFV. It has added CGI movies that look really cool, but the rest of the graphics look extremely old school. Sort of like how Pokemon looks on gameboy color except on a larger screen. So for those reasons I think FFIX would be the best choice here.

Moomba

Yeah it was basically between FFIX and Anthology, but sadly GameStop is no longer selling used PlayStation games so I'm gonna have to get it online... I actually started the 1st few minutes of FFIX cuz we borrowed it from a friend, but the disc was messed up and wouldn't play anymore.

Thanks for your input!!!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by *~Angel Wing~*
    Yeah it was basically between FFIX and Anthology, but sadly GameStop is no longer selling used PlayStation games so I'm gonna have to get it online... I actually started the 1st few minutes of FFIX cuz we borrowed it from a friend, but the disc was messed up and wouldn't play anymore.

Thanks for your input!!!
    Eh, I just bought a bunch of used PlayStation games from GameStop. They definately still sell them. It shouldn't be that hard to find FFIX in a close by store. But, Anthology will take some work. It's probably best going on GameStop.com typing in your zip code and then finding what store close by you carrying it instead of going to a store and finding out it's not there before hand. The site will tell you if they have it in stock.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd get them both. There's no reason you should dislike them, they're both great games.

Well, whatever you pick, hope you enjoy it.

Some Gamestop branches have stopped selling Playstation 1 games, but usually due to a lack of space, so try looking for Gamestops which have larger store areas.

But anyway, I say FFIX because it's more like the other ones you have, and it'll get you better prepared for FFVI.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

I think you should go with well it depends on what you like. If you like good graphics then go with FF9. If your really in it because you like the fighting and story line go with FF6.
    Sabin:
    You think a little thing like the end of the world was going to do me in.
    FF6

Barret
    There ain’t no getting off this train we’re on
    FF7

Seifer
    "One of these days, I'm gonna tell ya 'bout my ROMANTIC dream!"
    FF8

Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!"

-ending of FF9

Do you clowns, bad graphics, good story, and woo hoo hoo? If so Final Fantasy VI is the way to go.

Do you like narcists, slightly better graphics, ugly old women, jesters, and trying to tell whose female and whose male? If so Final Fantasy IX is the way to go.

Do you like slightly worse graphics, funny names, crystals, and a well done plot that has you flying dragons? If so Final Fantasy V is the way to go.

Do you like well done graphics, a terrific story, interesting original characters, annoying disney characters and Final Fantasy cameos? Is so Kingdom Hearts is right for you.

Actually a better game would be tactics but that's only if you like those type of games, Final Fantasy Tactics is easily one of the greatest games you would ever play, but it all depends on your preference.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I would suggest playing FFIX since you've been playing the new school FFs, and I think FFIX could be a good way to get you acquainted with the old-school style, especially if you prefer 3D graphics to 2D and getting used to 2D isn't easy for you. I can't really suggest the PSX remakes of the SNES FFs (4-6) since their loading times are just horrible. If you want to play those FFs, you may way want to try their SNES or GBA versions. FFIV Advance was a great remake of the game, IMHO, and I've heard the GBA versions of FFV and FFVI will also be released quite soon.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryûkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryûkishi

Download an emulator to play FFI - FFVI, FFMQ and Chrono Trigger.
    I also recommend you to get FFIX next, the reason is: *See Sephiroth1999AD reasons*. Plus, FFIX comes with a great story (The only story I enjoy the most and the best story in my opinion), cool gameplay, however, FFIX is not like FFVII, FFVIII and FFX; Zidane is not a whiny protagonist or an emo protagonist. And you can't hope for a challenging game (Bosses HP are lower than 70000) and badass protagonist (Grand Lethal only hit once). But the story itself guaranteed its coolness.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Go with either IV, V, VI.

Quote Originally Posted by vivi_ultima
    Download an emulator to play FFI - FFVI, FFMQ and Chrono Trigger.

V or IX.

Yep, V or IX, definatly

Dancing Chocobo Re: Which FF should I play next?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny
    Eh, I just bought a bunch of used PlayStation games from GameStop. They definately still sell them. It shouldn't be that hard to find FFIX in a close by store. But, Anthology will take some work. It's probably best going on GameStop.com typing in your zip code and then finding what store close by you carrying it instead of going to a store and finding out it's not there before hand. The site will tell you if they have it in stock.
    Yeah they still have some PlayStation 1 games [not that many], but not any Final Fantasy... I checked like 6 different GameStops!!! But I will go on their website like you said. Thanks for the tip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maux
    Do you like well done graphics, a terrific story, interesting original characters, annoying disney characters and Final Fantasy cameos? Is so Kingdom Hearts is right for you.
    Kingdom Hearts was my 1st RPG!!! :kaohappy2

Oh I love that game... the 2nd one is awesome too!!!