Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody else who was a tad disappointed?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My friend had to clue me in on this, as I had never used the Grimoires on Zeromus EG before. Using them will result in a strange bug (for some of them) that just performs a seemingly random spell animation (that is not the animation for the Grimoire), and may turn ZEG into a toad, then have him take 9,999 damage after awhile and turn back to normal, or just have no effect. It's too bizarre to have been intentional.

Thankfully (and I hope this is true), most of the bugs have been fixed for the European versions.

Is FF4Advance the Easy Type or Hard Type?

Even in FF4 Easy Type, which we call FF2 over here, even in that game, Zeromus was a ridiculous challenge. You could get all the way to him and still be about 15 levels short of being ready for him. I mean, with other FF games, by the time you made it to the final boss, you could probably take him, just because you take all the guys leading up to him. Yes, he does use Big Bang almost every turn, even on the SNES cartridge that I have. Every now and then he'll use.... Black Hole, I think... Something like that, but it's almost always Big Bang. I just have Rosa do Cure 4** every turn, and I hold off on her turn until he does it.

I got FF Chronicles and played FF4 Hard Type and it was much harder and more complicated. No more "Heal" potions . But I had more fun because it was challenging. And I didn't find Zeromus to be anymore difficult in either version. In fact, the only boss that seemed to have gotten harder between the two types was Dark Elf, in his snakey form, with his new fangled super snakey breath.

**I refuse to ever call it "Curaja" or "Blizzaga" or "Thundara" because that's way too lame for my taste. I mean, it's not like you're attacking the guy with Thunder! You're attacking him with Lightning! It should be Lit 2, or at least Lightningara or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    i didn't notice any glitches
    Except that thing that happened in almost every fight where after a person execute their command, the command box immediately popped up with the ATB gauge even filling up. I mean, it made the fights easier, but still bothered me. I felt like I was cheating or something.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

The Grimoire thing is intentional.

Also, I was not disappointed by Zeromus in the revamp of FFIV.
    Sigless

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How is it intentional? Making the game's superboss who isn't even very 'super' a joke is intentional?

feioncastor, the Advance version is based off of the Hardtype version, though it did seem alot easier than any version to me. I guess I've just played it alot of times.

Most superbosses these days have uber cheap methods to beat them, so the dumb gamers can cheaply beat them and feel special for doing so...

Its so disheartening seeing 14 year old noobs going "I beat Penancce with Zanmato! YOU SUCK NOOB"

Zeromus EG isn't the superboss, Brachioradialus is.
    The Grimories serve pretty much no other purpose other than this and to kill Zeromus before he transforms into a bettle.
    Sigless

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They're both superbosses, though Brachioraidos is more of a 'super-enemy'. Just because Brachy is more tedious than ZEG doesn't disqualify ZEG from superboss status, you might as well consider the Lunar Summons normal bosses in that case.

The Grimoires do a summon animation, and deal 9,999 damage. They don't make random spell animations and mess with ZEG's appearance. This is obviously a bug of some sort. Nor were they 'meant' to be anything other than a reward for beating the Lunar Summons that you can use to fry unsuspecting baddies.

As for killing blue spaghetti Zeromus, that's most likely an oversight by the developers. Though it is nice to have the one 'Crystal' in your inventory...

When you enter the Lunar Ruins, Zeromus EG says something about you having to do your characters' trials, but you actually don't have to do them. It's pretty impossible to mistakenly program the effects that the Grimoires have on EG.

Defeating blue-spaghetti was probably an oversight though, yea.
    Sigless

I completed the game first time around in 7 days, about 25 gameplay hours. The only bosses I had any trouble with, were Caganazzo and Barbariccia.

I don't know how important Grimoires are, or how pointless this tip is, but you can pick up a load of Grimoires after you complete the main game. Just go around all the Town and Caves (Summons, Sylph), and check the Bookshelves.

okay cool. i didn't know about that zeromus EG grimoire thing. i beat him once, but i haven't really figured out grimoires yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    i didn't notice any glitches
    Except that thing that happened in almost every fight where after a person execute their command, the command box immediately popped up with the ATB gauge even filling up. I mean, it made the fights easier, but still bothered me. I felt like I was cheating or something.
    yeah i've got the european version, and there are no noticeable glitches i can think of. i've heard people talking a lot about characters getting two turns and things like that. never happened in my one.

More than anything I'm really disappointed with the slowness of the battles. I was looking so forward to this game. The original character commands, full spell list, trials, ability to change characters at the end, and most of all UNABBREVIATED weapon/armor/item/spell names. I didn't mind most of the glitches though, but the slowness is way worse.

i killed this guy at level 41. hated leveling up and never did, its more challenging this way. finished the game in 17 hrs with no training

The big bang isn't tough at all if you (SPOILER)steal the dark matter before he transforms - the part where you use the cystal on him but first steal the dark matter since this powers up his big bang . his big bang wasn't so tough after taking that away .

i can imagine vsing Zeromus without doing that, full hard
    finished: ff3ds, ff4,ff5, ff7,ff8,ff9,ff10,ff tactics and advance